Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.28 bugs here

88 posts in this topic

Note its still a work in progress, I see a lot of fps drops with smoke. Stutters on flying over battle towns also reported.

Note that Intel graphics are apparently not going to be supported due to lousy drivers.

The early day updater seemed to be the wrong version. However later on it seemed to be corrected as it worked for me.

Remember to post your specs when you post a problem.

Note its still a work in progress, I see a lot of fps drops with smoke. Stutters on flying over battle towns also reported.

Note that Intel graphics are apparently not going to be supported due to lousy drivers.

The early day updater seemed to be the wrong version. However later on it seemed to be corrected as it worked for me.

IM still trying to DL it... wwiiol12711280.dmg Is what I get, I install, its successful and then try to enter game it it DLS the same file again WTF!?

IM still trying to DL it... wwiiol12711280.dmg Is what I get' date=' I install, its successful and then try to enter game it it DLS the same file again WTF!?[/quote']

FWIW I downloaded the full install (which I always do when there's a big change) via FTP and trashed the Beta before running the installer offline. This procedure worked fine here- in fact on the first 1.28 log-in, I had to check to make sure it was in fact the update since there were no problems at all.

Hope this helps-

S!

I downloaded patch..... ran install.... didn't work so I started downloading again.... but then I realized what was going on and I reran the installer but choosing the playnet folder myself instead of the default applications folder as the destination target. It worked fine for me.

Many buildings have invisible walls. i can see right thru them. I cannot walk thru them, but I can see who's behind walls. Also, program is crashing. I'm on TIger. I have crash report if someone wants it. I'm on a Dual 2.3 G5

I can now confirm something that I wasn't sure about before. In the beta under 10.5, during KFS1s smoke test when every body started blowing the snot out of each other and I hopped into a tank, I would get mega huge 1FPS stutters whenever my tank took hits, and when friendly tanks blew up into hulks.

Playing just now under 10.5 I got mega huge 1FPS stutters for about 30 seconds at a time whenever a couple planes would come into audible range (poped into my vislist). But not all planes, then I noticed (boom). I hear the explosion of a plane.

Under 10.5 when a plane crashes I often get mega stutters, and I believe it also happens with tank hulks. I got these stutters about 6 separate times in the same fight over about 30min, each time there was an explosion at some time during the stutters. Game was completely unplayable during those stutters.

Yes all smoke and other fx (not sounds) seem to be a bad culprit. Since battles seem to involve a lot of smoke that might be one of the things that needs fixin. I still think the opengl pipeline gets stalled somewhere.

SYMPTOM: Keys require multiple presses before game responds.

The game becomes unresponsive to keyboard input. JS buttons and such appear to be unaffected.

I did not experience this in beta and it may be due to a loading factor.

I have not seen it in quiet locations yet and FPS is generally improved.

Game version: 1.28.0

Config: Mac G5 2x2, 3+GB, 10.5.1

I've only seen this in chat window where messages take a while to appear. Game functions don't seem affected but I haven't been paying attention.

In my case 'game functions' such as 'fire', deploying/undeploying, instrument/gun view were definitely delayed. It was not just the chat window but every key event. It might also have been true of key/button events from other devices such as JS's but I cannot be sure.

i have a identical setup but don't see it as being any different than 127. Have you tried running the app right after rebooting? Could there be something in your system that might be interacting with the game. The game io calls the exact same system routines that it did in 127.

I just got the source for 128 so I'll see if anything changed.

my crash log says "cant locate open AL folder" It also says dmg0000128011 has codes which may be written incorrectly.

I have folders in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL

its searching for "openAL" says no such file or directory exists.

So -- can't get into the server.

Anyone else getting these messages on their console?

WHen i try to log in i going to playnet.com. how do i fix this

I think I'm okay but now a message is coming up from the "Battleground Europe - WWII Online Homepage" attempted to load an Internet plug-in called "Playnet Inc. Presenter" but the plug=in flailed to load successfully.

Guys i think i threw this away somehow when cleaning out old files trying to troubleshoot, can't find it. Can you tell me where to get the new playnet plug-in, which folder to load it to? Can't find it in downloads. I have the correct playgate file. Thanks folks.

There is NO playgate file anymore, you just install the application and launch it like any other mac application. It doesn't use a web browser to launch the game unlike the windows version.

I'm using a MBP laptop runing 10.4.11 The last WWIIol worked great. This new one has dropped my fps and now the main map doesn't show brigade info on mouse over. Also its a bit jerky on the pan motion, when I use the mouse views. Is there something to doing a full install rather than the updaters?

thanks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0