Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.28 bugs here

88 posts in this topic

Launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal, enter

dscacheutil -flushcache

This should clear you DNS cache of any cached addresses from when their DNS was screwed up.

Newest patch seems to toast my sound output.

So far, about 5 minutes into playing the newest patch, my sound cuts out. I was not having this problem before. When I quit the program, my sound output is back to normal. When the program is running, my sound shuts off completely, even though I have it turned on normally to play through my headset.

Invisible walls.

There are still invisible walls. From the outside, many, if not all buildings have walls which are invisible, allowing me to see into buildings. Makes it easy to see if enemy is hiding, but also makes it harder to find the doorway. From the inside of the buildings the walls are normal, i.e. not invisible.

Is this going to get fixed?

Something about your system is wonky. Please post your mac model/memory/video card details. It sounds like the video card is trouble (if its an intel video card, it's not supported as the drivers are buggy as hell for games).

Also do post your installer log when it fails, otherwise we can't fix it.

I'm not sure I appreciate my system being called "wonky." It is the exact same set up I've had with previous versions of this game and all was well before.

I fixed the sound issue as it probably had something to do with the USB port that the headset was plugged into.

My system is a Dual 2.3 G5 with 5gb ram and running Tiger. My graphics card is the GeForce 7800GT with 256mb vram.

Attached is a screenshot of the missing walls

Bad usb connection qualifies as wonky :-)

This has been reported by other users on both platforms. However it isn't common. I sent it to the rats to see what they have to say.

I can no longer find my solution for the bug of resolution on the Mac Pro. Where is the file where I told the system to scan for displays?

I did a .report about my map not showing any contact reports with 1.28.3 patch. Anyone else having this problem?

G5 2x2, 10.5.2

Played again, this time marks were okay. In fact, I haven't been able to duplicate the bug yet. Ahhh yes, playing without the marks brought back memories of the old days...

s!

I read DOC mentioned people are still seeing this, so I imagine another patch this week.

Remember that much of the opengl code was replaced with something differet, so there are bound to be the occasional odd problem until every code path has been visited by someone, reported, and fixed.

is the latest version for MAC 1.28.4? My auto-update does not find anything after 1.28.3.255, a version which still has the RTB or MIA bug for planes...

What could the fix be? I am sure the RATs have fixed it for both PC and MAC but I have trouble finding the patched version.

patches never work for me. every time I download a new patch and try to start game, i get the game is out of date message and the process starts all over again. I then have to download entire full game. This is a pain.

Is this common?

Ham

patches never work for me. every time I download a new patch and try to start game, i get the game is out of date message and the process starts all over again. I then have to download entire full game. This is a pain.

Is this common?

Ham

Are you just hitting install or are you actually choosing the same folder WWIIOL is in before hitting install. It can't update something if it doesn't know where it is.

This happens sometimes when you have more than 1 copy of the game on your drive. It updates copy #1 and launches copy#2/ Best thing is to leave the game in the default application folder and don't copy it.

I hate to say it - flying over towns and my FPS drops to 0-4 fps again or its stuttering at 6-12 fps :( 1.28.3 I had atleast 8-15 fps in contested towns.... but it was atleast still smooth, not slide showy. AND no 0-4fps stop frame action.

Not as bad as pre-unity 1.5 patch... tho. I just could not dive toward town, nor escape to one for AA protection without fps dropping to a slide show speed. I even had break off attacks over town, simply to get away from the stutters. FPS is down with patch atleast in the air that is noticeable - but the real bad thing is that the smoothness is gone.

This is with my G5 1.8

Radion X800XT

2Gig Ram

I am going to try my other computer tonight and see if I get the stutters and will report back. Its a intel 2.66 quad with 7300GT and 4gigs RAM. I was getting 20-35fps over contested towns with some dips down into the teens at times. BUT always smooth..

It affect both platforms but not every video card. I have the same one as you and happens to me as well. The opengl changes in 128 are still a work in progress (basically retrofitting part of 2.00 back into the old engine, thus still has glitchyness).

Been busy recovering from college bills, writer's strike, housing slump, etc. and about to have a breakdown because I cannot play WWIIOL since 1.28. System worked until the new upgrade and my system is configured for work purposes so I'm restricted in what I can do as far as drivers, video card, etc. The game launches, mission launches, then CTD. Sometimes I even spawn, but then I CTD immediately. Anyone else have this problem.

I'm looking for the system requirements (mac) for the new version.

I'm on an old G4 dual 1gig w/1.5 gig ram. Are my gaming days over with this system?

Thx,

jaypee

Minimum System Specifications

The game should function but all graphics performance features may not be selected when running at the minimums.

PC

* Windows XP

* 1.2 GHz CPU (2+ GHz Recommended)

* 512 MB of RAM (1+ GB Recommended)

* 128 MB 3D Video Card (OpenGL v1.2 compliant)

Examples:

* NVidia GeForce 5000 series or better

* ATI Radeon 9800 or better

Strongly Recommended:

* NVidia GeForce 7000 series or better

* ATI Radeon X1600 series or better

* DirectSound-compatibile Audio Card

* 32X CD-ROM (installation only)

* 56K modem Internet connection (broadband strongly recommended)

* 1GB free hard disc space

* DirectX 9.0 or higher

* USB joystick recommended)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently, the game is not fully compatible with Windows Vista and we cannot support it.

MAC

* OS X (version 10.4 minimum) or higher

* Apple Macintosh G4 processor 1.2 GHz or higher version.

* 512MB RAM (1GB recommended)

* 128 MB video card (OpenGL v1.2 compliant)

Examples:

* NVidia GeForce 5000 series or better

* ATI Radeon 9800 or better

Strongly Recommended:

* NVidia GeForce 7000 series or better

* ATI Radeon X1600 series or better

* DirectSound compatible audio card

* 32xCD-ROM (installation only)

* 56K Modem Internet connection (broadband strongly recommended)

* 1GB free hard drive space

* (USB joystick recommended)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0