Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.28 bugs here

88 posts in this topic

Those are ancient specs. G5 minimum really. Intel recommended. 1GB minimum period. 128MB video for sure. The game does run in Vista now.

New patch still has funky sound and invisible walls on my G5 (running Leopard). Switching back to Tiger solves the sound issues but the invisible walls are still there, in a manner of speaking.

I've got the same problem of "invisible walls" that Atmoosh reports. I just switched from my old twin 2 GHz G5, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon X800T running OS 10.4 (where my graphics were fine except for a few vegetation scenery flashing issues that occasionally popped up, but my FPS were less than what one would hope) to:

Mac Pro 2 X 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

OSX 10.5.2

Now the FPS and overall performance of the interface (loading, spawning, displaying map, etc.) seems much more snappy. But in any town I see the exterior walls of most buildings, including flag-capture buildings, as being transparent. I see interior walls, staircases, etc, and, of course, any avatars that are hiding there. The exterior walls are still there for the physics model as I can't pass through them. Buildings in an AB seem normal, but I haven't checked thoroughly. A few building types (such as the grey factory buildings with the hooks hanging down inside) behave differently and seem to always have exterior walls visible from the outside.

It seems to be a texture issue. If I enter one of the problem buildings, the exterior walls from the INSIDE are visible normally. Also, in first person perspective my shoulder weapon (rifle, smg) is not shown with textures when I am OUTSIDE of any building, but the moment I enter a building (problem or not) the weapon is textured correctly! The weapon textures flip on and off as I enter and leave buildings, consistently.

Could this be an issue restricted mostly to high-end NVIDIA cards on the Mac in Leopard?

Anyway, it means I can't play infantry (at least in town) until this can be fixed. Fortunately, I don't see any graphics anomalies in the air.

My MBP just got upgraded to Leopard, but I guess the audio is a real issue. Does make playing inf a horrible experience. Sometimes it sounds like the bang is right next to my character.

In the air reduction in hearing the direction of the aircraft sounds.

I use to hear the 109 roaring in, now its only when they're right up on me. When I hit them with guns, the hits sound like they're in the cockpit ... so I guess there hasn't been a new patch to fix this one yet? I can't be taking this back to Tiger. I've got to keep up at work learning the new stuff. :confused: waahh!

No solution as yet. It's a fundamental issue with openal itself. I started on rewriting the whole sound code but got stymied again.

Yes, there appears to be an issue with the nvidia cards. Have you tried using bootcamp, does it happen under windows?

I haven't tried bootcamp version yet. This is also my main work mac, which isn't the best place to have a game like WWiionline.

But I don't really have enough space on the MBP to put in bootcamp and the Windows OS.

How much longer you got til the new patch? The sounds of the rifles next to me is sort of freaking me out... my guys keeps on turn around on the battlefield. He's got PTS!lol

Thanks

I don't have Bootcamp set up but I did try the game in a Parallels Desktop emulated PC --- solid walls everywhere and even flapping flags. BTW, it works but is not really playable under Parallels, infantry gets 4 FPS in an empty town. As always, thanks for the info Ahwulf, I guess we will just have to wait for updated drivers.

I have noticed the fps performance penalty with the Leopard. Seems though I'll always be lagging in the game.

You guys know if Playnet will allow me to put my account on hold while all this work is being done? I don't want to pay for something I can't play anymore. But would like to come back with all the points I've made with the 8 months+ I've been paying. Or even the points I didn't score with the last bug, LOL.

I've got the same problem of "invisible walls" that Atmoosh reports. I just switched from my old twin 2 GHz G5, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon X800T running OS 10.4 (where my graphics were fine except for a few vegetation scenery flashing issues that occasionally popped up, but my FPS were less than what one would hope) to:

Mac Pro 2 X 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

OSX 10.5.2

Now the FPS and overall performance of the interface (loading, spawning, displaying map, etc.) seems much more snappy. But in any town I see the exterior walls of most buildings, including flag-capture buildings, as being transparent. I see interior walls, staircases, etc, and, of course, any avatars that are hiding there. The exterior walls are still there for the physics model as I can't pass through them. Buildings in an AB seem normal, but I haven't checked thoroughly. A few building types (such as the grey factory buildings with the hooks hanging down inside) behave differently and seem to always have exterior walls visible from the outside.

It seems to be a texture issue. If I enter one of the problem buildings, the exterior walls from the INSIDE are visible normally. Also, in first person perspective my shoulder weapon (rifle, smg) is not shown with textures when I am OUTSIDE of any building, but the moment I enter a building (problem or not) the weapon is textured correctly! The weapon textures flip on and off as I enter and leave buildings, consistently.

Could this be an issue restricted mostly to high-end NVIDIA cards on the Mac in Leopard?

Anyway, it means I can't play infantry (at least in town) until this can be fixed. Fortunately, I don't see any graphics anomalies in the air.

This only happens when I have Normal Maps turned on. Turned off everything is fine. (No flapping flags though) I'm posting from my 2nd computer so i dont know my GFX card. It is the stock card though, and the computer is 7 months old.

It's better but some sounds are still the same. I made a little hack that improved some sounds but the shorter ones like rifle shots happen too fast to have it work. The underlying problem is still unknown, the first few packets of audio have the wrong distance applied, and then it fixes itself. It's wrong for a shorter time but those quick sounds still sound at the wrong distance.

I have noticed a difference while flying. The engine sounds are not random distance ... the Doppler effect makes sense. But the ground is still weird rifles, but I'm getting use to it, lol.

I have an italian O.S.X. version, i've done the set-up of 1.28.5, game run, but i cannot enter in some keyboard settings menu. Usally i set myne pref. on english language to avoid this kind of prob, but now english looks like not existing... some news otw? TY.

I have a hunch that the audio issue may be the same sound issue that periodically bothers people playing on the PC - just like the flickering bush-line issue. I like to think that solving the issue on the Mac will probably lead to a resolution of PC issues - because there is very little Mac-specific code involved in both cases, and the same problems occur on both systems they're just more pronounced on the Mac right now.

with the newest patch, I've been getting a hell of a lot of crashing to desktop. Seems to happen every hour or so. After it crashes, I go to open program again and it runs for a second and then quits. The second time I run it it opens fine. But then, after about an hour or so, total CTD.

I've kept a copy of the crash log if needed.

I'm using Tiger on a Dual 2.3 G% with 5 GB ram

Any thoughts?

WHen you crash there is a server side thing which takes a couple minutes to go away so you can reconnect again.

The crashes that happen every once in a while are still a mystery which Oliver and I are trying to reproduce. For me, it never ever happens in the debug version, which makes it hard to catch. There are basically two of these all with the same details (one has a short call list and one long) and appear to be the only crashes I've seen.

I've been getting crashed during high lag situations. And this will be when I'm shooting ground targets from a plane. After doing a large burst against a tank it freezes then crashes out to desktop.

Before in the last version only Huri IIb canon against Tigers was causing problems.

Same here... a lot of crashes to the desktop. I hear suddenly a lot of R/W access to HD and then booom...

Same here... a lot of crashes to the desktop. I hear suddenly a lot of R/W access to HD and then booom...

Strangely enough, I have not CTD'd since the last patch. At all.

The RW you hear is the OSX Crashreporter writing the log.

Strangely enough' date=' I have not CTD'd since the last patch. At all.[/quote']

Same here... I got my 1st CLTH tonight with the "unscheduled server outage."

btw, KFS, that was the understatement of the year... I think we realized it was "unscheduled" especially since you were in-game at the time... ;):D:rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0