Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.28 bugs here

88 posts in this topic

I'm not a fan of posting in the same thread twice, but I want to get it out there. I've had 2 game crashes yesterday, the first two since the new patch came out. I was wondering if anyone else is running into this problem.

:confused: I just got a new MacPro 2.8 Quad with a Nvida 512 card. Currently it only has 2Gb of Ram. I transfered all the stuff from my old MacBook Pro via the firewire transfer. Seems to work fine with all my other apps, but now the WWiionline crashes a lot. I've increased the video setting to "balanced" ... its nice to see the tracer smoking. On the "high quality" setting I can see through all the buildings. What's going on with the settings or performance?

Been crashing the game under intense combat. Either in the air or ground, when there are too many persons in the town with everything shooting; it freezes up and quits.

ARgh, stupid time warner troubles ate my response...

The recent NVidia cards have this problem with walls, I'm hoping that 129 will have fixed it. Someone in this thread found a way around which might be what you are seeing; I think it might be to turn off normal maps under video/shader settings.

As to crashing it's quite random on different computers and happens on both platforms way too frequently. This "busy area" bug is somehow buried deep in the networking code (what RickB thought and Oliver does too) but seems impossible to catch since it's so random. I've tried but it never happens under a debug build for me. On my dual G5 I get about 3-4 crashes a week on the regular version but my (slow) MPB crashed much more often. Until I lost my job I was going to buy a MacPro but that's out for now.

You should try a complete reinstall (and trash the prefs file as well) if you just moved stuff over.

S! Ahwulf et al,

returned from vacation to find that I can't get past the initial 'play online' screen - I'm getting an error that reads "teul_error"

Any idea what's going on ?

The game was running fine 2 weeks ago and I have not changed anything except for an Apple security update that I ran last night.

Thanking you in advance,

Bodach.

ARgh, stupid time warner troubles ate my response...

The recent NVidia cards have this problem with walls, I'm hoping that 129 will have fixed it. Someone in this thread found a way around which might be what you are seeing; I think it might be to turn off normal maps under video/shader settings.

As to crashing it's quite random on different computers and happens on both platforms way too frequently. This "busy area" bug is somehow buried deep in the networking code (what RickB thought and Oliver does too) but seems impossible to catch since it's so random. I've tried but it never happens under a debug build for me. On my dual G5 I get about 3-4 crashes a week on the regular version but my (slow) MPB crashed much more often. Until I lost my job I was going to buy a MacPro but that's out for now.

You should try a complete reinstall (and trash the prefs file as well) if you just moved stuff over.

I'll try that and check out the difference. There has been a few strangeness with transfer of my Adobe CS apps.

so i was just walking in liege when i had my first autodespawn in years... my connection was working fine, but once i autodespawned my mouse dissapeared. I could still hover the invisible cursor over buttons, just couldn't see the cursor itself.

Yes, hasn't happened to me but others said it did. It's one of those bugs that some people can get often and others can never reproduce no matter how hard they try. BTW it doesn't matter what plane or tank it is, it's some odd combination of events. The few crash bugs that happen on the mac version are all irritating in that they never seem to happen under the debugger! I still think they are all network code related which would explain the seemingly random happening.

Yes' date=' hasn't happened to me but others said it did. It's one of those bugs that some people can get often and others can never reproduce no matter how hard they try. BTW it doesn't matter what plane or tank it is, it's some odd combination of events. The few crash bugs that happen on the mac version are all irritating in that they never seem to happen under the debugger! I still think they are all network code related which would explain the seemingly random happening.[/quote']

Mine aren't random. It never fails to crash in that situation. Flying, strafe target tank and it crashes. Its something I reproduced in the past during intermission ... with small skirmishes.

I am recieving the error teul_ERROR when i log in. I am running on a macbook pro. How do you fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0