• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ltdann

Mac Pro cant pick high video resolution

5 posts in this topic

Since installing leopard (or maybe this last update) I cannot pick anything higher than 800 by 600 resolution. Anyone have a fix for this?

Post mac model and video card and monitor size, I can't tell what the issue might be. Not a problem for me.

Since installing leopard (or maybe this last update) I cannot pick anything higher than 800 by 600 resolution. Anyone have a fix for this?

Did you try changing it manually in the .xml file?

Username/Library/Preferences/wwiiol/blahblahblah.xml

Don't know why you wouldn't have the option in the settings, but you should be able to set it to any resolution that your desktop supports as well.

I have a mac pro 2.66 ghz Dual Core Xeon, 5 Gb memory, nvidia geforce 7300gt video. On a related note, the card and its resolutions are detected when I boot in XP using my boot camp partition.

Also, this machine is newer and has had all of its programs and settings moved from an older ATI machine using the migration assistant. I downloaded the full game and installed it, but didnt do anything like uninstalling the old version to see if it would work. just reinstalling had no effect. Also, the boot camp partition game is a fresh install, as I didnt have a boot camp partition before this system. My display selector just says display 0, with no other choices and the only resolution choices are 800 by 600 and one lower one.

I went into the wwiiol.xml file like suggested and changed this line...

app.caputueralldisplays changed the value from 'false' to 'true' now I can pick all native resolutions...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0