Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gridiron

Can this game be played with Dial-up?

7 posts in this topic

I recently moved 10 weeks ago out in a rural area. I kept my subscription going but I ahve exhausted all avenues of getting High Speed interet. It just wont be coming to my area as of yet.

I DL the game last nite (took 6 hours) and when I got on

I couldnt cap a table (just get cant query the host) I would hit the escape button, I couldn't log out unless I hit the ctrl-alt-del button. I got

the feeling that noone knew I was on. The chat was intemittent to non- exsistent. No mission on my stats got recorded. So I think I really wasn't connecting (packet loss was mostly 98% and ms 19000

My modem is a 3COM GTW v.92

My coneection was showing 46.6kbs

Question

Is a Data modem gonna help me.

Thanks

PS I haven't played this game on Dail-up except when the game first came out and I lived in a bigger city.

Question is there a prefered modem I could try and use or is playing the game out of my realm until I get High Speed.

Low visibility as gecko said, and try to change the "network connection" under settings, its 3 options, 1. Use best 2. Primary connection 3. Secondary connection.

You probably have it on 1st option now, try the 2nd or 3rd and see if that helps.

I play with dial up that's slower than yours (26.4). Turn off sse2 executable and netcode, that helped me tremendously.

I've never had anything but dialup, it's all that's available here.

1st set visable players limit to low as suggested (not just the main option to preformance but

make sure visable players limit is at low in the game settings)

Open taskmanger and open the networking tab, without the game running and no web page loading

you should see no traffic, if you are seeing traffic you need to find what is using your bandwith

and kill it. I keep all auto updates turned off.

I've never been able to use netcode2. SSE2 is the exe that uses later processor commands and

has nothing to do with connection. If you have a later cpu then sse2 will/should increase performance

but has absolutely nothing to do with your connection.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0