• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hathcock

dec07 nvidia drivers -> +50% framerate

48 posts in this topic

I have a 6800, which I would love to upgrade, but I can still play the game fine. Not great by any means, but I play mostly inf and get around 20-30fps. At least at the time I bought it, Nvidia was far better for this game (I think it was mostly to do with the way it handles the trees). That was probably two years ago, though, so I don't know if ATI has caught up. I do have the latest drivers installed, but I agree they are probably not updating them with anything specific to my card.

When I do upgrade my gaming rig it will need a new CPU, motherboard and vid card all together to catch up with current technology, so I've been kind of putting off that expense. I've tentatively penciled it in for September, finances and job location permitting. I will have a lot of research to do about what components will best run this game.

WOW was I out of date, 34 fps in major battle with planes all over and it just runs smother, Looks like 60 fps normal with spikes to 105, Thanks guys that was a lot of help

WOW was I out of date' date=' 34 fps in major battle with planes all over and it just runs smother, Looks like 60 fps normal with spikes to 105, Thanks guys that was a lot of help[/quote']

Omega's or nVidia's official one?

ive been thinking of upgrading to 8 series, havent done any reaserch though. i cant post my computer stats right now because im on a different computer.

what im using now says this:

Dell Latitude D820

Genuine Intel® CPU

T2300 @ 1.66GHz

980 MHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

i can run wwiiol on it, not to well, max out at 15 fps in light battles.

timmy I have been using the 61.77 drivers on my 6800GT and thay work very well at 1024X768X32, I also have a lower end machine. away from town in the air I have been getting 70-100 FPS. around town in a good battle 20-40 in town 15-28, I just stay away from the realy heavy stuff and it works fine. I tried a new driver last December and came back to the 61.77's they just look better.

I tried the omega drivers last night - worse performance over the Nvidia drivers on my 8800GTS 320MB.

Why would you try those with a 8800GTS 320mb ???!!!! Your card has enough power!

People with low-mid end system are the target for those drives.

My framerates aren't the best in this game, actually. When there's a low number of people it's fine. But if there's more than 20 or so, it drops to around 20-30.

Rather funny, considering I can run Crysis maxed out at a decent framerate. :(

The system requirements of Crysis and Battleground Europe are compeltely different because the code for each game is required to handle completely different criteria in so many areas of each game. Comparisons like that are rather useless, until you start to define what makes them different. It's like comparing a Jeep to a Scion. The similarities are superficial and not indicative of why they are so functionally different.

does noone use ATI? are ATI cards bad for this game?

Funny you should ask. I have an ATI Radeon 9600 and after seeing this thread upgraded my drivers to the latest (Catalyst 8.1). I did not uninstall my old drivers first but I never do. Anyway 8.1, or 8.1 on top of the existing stuff caused a huge performance hit visible in windows doing something as simple as scrolling through a webpage. I had to download a driver wiper and then go back to 6.5 or whatever I had on my HD last downloaded.

As noted above, Nvidia cards used to work better with this game but I don't know if that's still true.

With video drivers, you should always uninstall first. Then install. Failing to do so means your results of just adding drivers are unreliable.

The system requirements of Crysis and Battleground Europe are compeltely different because the code for each game is required to handle completely different criteria in so many areas of each game. Comparisons like that are rather useless' date=' until you start to define what makes them different. It's like comparing a Jeep to a Scion. The similarities are superficial and not indicative of why they are so functionally different.[/quote']

Very much so. There's a great deal going on behind-the-scenes that affects FPS in this game. The extremely detailed damaged model, object tracking - all sorts elements.

From a purely visual standpoint, there's nothing that should be stressing the card. Every asset in the game is really low poly, has a low res texture, and no shaders. I know my card is being stressed and not my CPU, because when I lower resolution, the fps go up.

I don't know everything that's going on in the system to be sure, but it still seems to be getting taxed quite a bit, for little visual pay off. I'm fully aware the engine is still pretty old and that no doubt has an impact. Older shader routines, render pipelines and culling algorithms can dump framerate something fierce. I have no doubt that as the engine improves, everyone's fps will increase. :D

I have a GeForce 7800GS and with the latest drivers cannot change the 3D or display settings from NVIDIA Control Panel. The game runs fine but without changing the gamma on my monitor it looks like dusk at midday and is black at night. I reverted back to 91.31 :(

With video drivers' date=' you should [b']always uninstall first. Then install. Failing to do so means your results of just adding drivers are unreliable.

I'm sure you are right, and that is probably why my card seriously starting stinking, but why in the world do the card manufacturers not build in a wiper with the driver upgrades? Not really a question for you just a rhetorical one.

Guys' date=' give those Omega Drives a chance!! They gave me a nice boost!![/quote']

Pffff since I installed these I can't launch the game anymore :mad: Program starts then immediately shut down, no error log. Both online and offline.

Pffff since I installed these I can't launch the game anymore :mad: Program starts then immediately shut down' date=' no error log. Both online and offline.[/quote']

Thats weird cause they work great here!

The December (or subsequent beta) drivers give me font issues on my 8800/Vista64 at the loader screen (missing letters) followed by a lockup when the UI is about to show. Reverted back to the older driver.

I can only gather that there's a difference between the drivers for XP, for Vista, and 32/64 bit probably plays a role too.

That happened years ago with the missing characters in the font thing. Not sure what the fix was.

I have a GeForce 7800GS and with the latest drivers cannot change the 3D or display settings from NVIDIA Control Panel. The game runs fine but without changing the gamma on my monitor it looks like dusk at midday and is black at night. I reverted back to 91.31 :(

Had same issue with 7800GT. Need to download the other nvidia program (ntune) that they suggest. Once I did that my FPS went through the roof and I could change gamma.

does noone use ATI? are ATI cards bad for this game?

They're great if you buy the right one's. I like it when people claim to have tried ATI but they only bought a cheap low end card and then they complain that ATI doesn't perform good.

I've ran nothing but ATI in all my personal machines. I was totally happy with each one and every card still works. I started playing WW2 with the 9700pro.

AIW Rage 128pro 32meg

AIW 8500DV 64meg

9700pro 128meg

AIW x800xt 256meg

x1950pro 512meg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0