Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hvysteel

anybody running this card?

9 posts in this topic

V45_NEWList.jpgi was running the game pretty good with 1 meg of memory and an nvidia fx5200 card.. but i got a new pc now and this new card is in my budget "$40.00" along with 2 megs of new memory. tell me about this card if you like it.;) if this card and memory give me 10 more framerates then the old 5200 ill be happy. im not into eye candy and all that jazz.if anyone finds another card thats a little higer priced but is better let me know.the 7600gt looks ok but im not sure.

Are we not supposed to tell you about it if we don't like it?

I see single digit fps in your future. That card isn't good enough for playable fps in ww2ol IMO.

Can you break the piggy bank and get yourself a 7600gt. That's about the bear minimum card I'd consider.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130062

$85/$65 after mail in rebate.

You can get 2 gigs of memory for $40 now. Pretty good stuff. ddr800 or so.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161229

thanks. well like i said up above i was getting clear and smooth gameplay with the 1 meg of memory and that old5200 card so i figured why pay more if i can get the same performance but a smidgen better.

i can play the game now with 1.6ghz processor,stock onboard video card and 512 memory now so that ought to say a lot:D. most wont believe that but i do. fast connection also. also the new improved game smoothing should really help any system out.

anyways ill look at what you listed.;) thanks again.

Emachines model w3622. 1.6ghz.intel celeron processor. "upgrading to a big dual core soon". my fx5200 card and memory wouldnt work-fit in this new machine at all. i have someone who helps me offline that knows what exact pci-agp or whatever i need that fits.;) mine came with 512 ram,350 watt ps,Xp os,dvd dual trays,the oversized pricy cooling fan and 2 slots.way under 300.:) i always buy low then upgrade myself.

Dont be upset, but i would replace the whole machine...

Celerons are bottum of the barrell....not to mention IMO you should at bare minimum have atleast 1gig of RAM.

quote. "replace the whole machine" nah dont reckon. im happy with mine. i buy low then upgrade like a lot of other folks do. that always worked for me.

anyways thanks guys for the help last week and this week.

ill post later about how its going.:)

quote. "replace the whole machine" nah dont reckon. im happy with mine. i buy low then upgrade like a lot of other folks do. that always worked for me.

anyways thanks guys for the help last week and this week.

ill post later about how its going.:)

I never like to upgrade computers. The new ones come out fast, and the old's value drops like hell.

I would rather buy higher end spec and use it for a few years, then get a new one.

i have this card and it does ok for me i can run about 10-20 fps on avrage some times 20-30 depending on location but this card is ok for the money you cant get a better deal

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0