• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buggsy

I know this drives troubleshooters up the wall butt...

3 posts in this topic

I'm getting lotsa bugs.

-invisible enemies (I saw invisible hotchkiss, others see invisible EI capping flags but that's 2nd hand info) I have visible player limits set on medium

-Lost connection to chat host (could be my ISP, happens in Phoenix when cables get wet)

-Hard crash (reboots computer) just happened now.

-Freeze up (could be lost connection to chat host but I am impatient to wait to see the finalle, so I cntl-alt-del)

BTW I do some light troubleshooting on electronic stuff, and I understand people make bad observers, real bad observers, I witchu man I'm WITCHU!

Well for the 2nd & 4th points you could be looking at loss of connectivity, do you play off a wireless network, or a cabled network?

Run the program

wwiiol_netcheck.bat

which is in your c:\program files\crs\battleground europe\ directory

It will test your connection to the servers, it creates a text file called, netcheck.txt, you can post that in here.

wwiiol is pretty intensive when it comes to bandwidth, so having other things downloading in the background will cause you some bother, as will TS if you have limited bandwidth.

Point 1 is probably related to you missing packets with regards player updates, I get this on occasions, is your map really slow and clunky when moving around?

Point 3 not sure on that one tbh sorry. If you are getting a reset crash, check for the log files in the above directory, the files are called.

ww2errinfo.log & ww2error.log

Post those in this thread, any CRS bod will understand them.

I'm getting lotsa bugs.

-invisible enemies (I saw invisible hotchkiss, others see invisible EI capping flags but that's 2nd hand info) I have visible player limits set on medium

-Lost connection to chat host (could be my ISP, happens in Phoenix when cables get wet)

All signs of packet losses, including the invisible enemies one.

On medium you should be able to see around 96 players at one time.

-Hard crash (reboots computer) just happened now.

Unless you can read the dump file (it did a controlled auto reboot right?)

You'd have to turn off auto rebooting and read us the BSOD screen message

-Freeze up (could be lost connection to chat host but I am impatient to wait to see the finalle, so I cntl-alt-del)

Sounds like a CTHL trying to recover, next time wait it out just so you can tell us if it is.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0