• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zakk

Zero FPS!

5 posts in this topic

OK here's the story

Yesterday spawned a tank from Clervaux AB, target St-Vith. Nobody on road except one friendly.

Halfway there, FPS went from low 40's to 2. Scratch one S35. :(

I unable SSE2 and respawn. At the same location I get the same drop, this time it's 4 FPS. I continue driving and after 1 or 2 minutes, it jumps back up to high 50's. The rest of the way driving in empty countryside I get excellent performances: 60, 70, 80 and more! As I approach St-Vith, we finally own the place. I turn right to drive back on road towards Plum, the new target. Frame rate drops to 16-20. I sence a catastrophe. It comes about halfway to town, with only one friendly in sight: 0 FPS.

As I understand it, the game is divided into several "cells" that your computer is loading as you are moving along. The first drop I experienced tells me I reached a cell limit, and my computer can't load info properly for some reason.

My hardware is outdated but it should still run this game:

Mobo: Asus P4P800SE AGP

Processor: PIV 3.0 Ghz

RAM: 3Gig

Vid card: Nvidia 6800 with 512Mb

Soundcard: Soundblaster Live

XP home SP 2

DSL

HD is clean, I did a complete reformat 1 month ago.

Most options are set for performance, but as I said, my problem happens when no one is around.

Any idea?

Dual core 4600 here with 2 gb fast ram, raptor drives (defragged) and XT1950PRO card and the machine is in very good order software and driver-wise. Experienced the same thing as you did yesterday. Made strafing an AB somewhat difficult.

I have not experienced the same behaviour while on the groudn though. Mind you I have only been playing around with inf.

Is there any way of disabling the loading of friendlies in an area?

Is there any way of disabling the loading of friendlies in an area?

I believe the only thing you can do is set your vis limit to low. You will see less friendlies.

What kind of connection you have? Someone suggested to me it could be an issue (I am on dsl).

What bugs me most is the first drop I had, it happened twice at the same spot in the middle of nowhere. That's why I think it has something to do with loading of cells.

Zakk, please post your DxDiag specs (just the System Information, Video Devices, Sound Devices and System Devices sections are needed). From that info, we can see if there is a hardware or driver cause to your low FPS.

If you also post the contents of your wwiiol.xml file, we might be able to suggest some settings changes that will boost your FPS.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0