Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x15

UNABLE TO LOGIN/CONNECT TO AUTH: Playnet.com issue, please read.

165 posts in this topic

Thanks X15 ! :)

But do I have to modify my "hosts" -file again when Playnet returns to "normal state"?

Ie. is there any harm to leave my hosts -file like it was modified by your post?

Thanks X15 ! :)

But do I have to modify my "hosts" -file again when Playnet returns to "normal state"?

Ie. is there any harm to leave my hosts -file like it was modified by your post?

Yes, you should return your hosts file to it's original state within a few hours from now. If, in the future, the ip address of auth.playnet.com gets changed your computer will no longer be able to connect to it.

Now, normally this isn't the end of the world as auth2.playnet.com will likely still work. But, if for some reason auth2 doesn't work, you'll find yourself unable to login to the game.

Still not working here in the UK. Still getting the domain name placeholder screen :confused:

Your ISP probably has a longish caching setting on their domain name servers, it'll clear eventually. In the mean time, make sure you clear the cache on your computer with ipconfig /flushdns

It was updated at 8am this morning.

However, it might still be cached by some ISPs. The "parking" records used by NSI may linger for upto a day in some places depending on when they were originally fetched - they have a lifetime of 2 days :(

i cant seem to get it to work i got to run type in notepad all the other stuff and it says windows cannot find notepad i am a bit unsavy on computers but i would think i can do what x15 described and what with this flush stuff?

It was updated at 8am this morning.

However, it might still be cached by some ISPs. The "parking" records used by NSI may linger for upto a day in some places depending on when they were originally fetched - they have a lifetime of 2 days :(

Oh well, just have to sit back and wait I suppose. I am not going to meddle with my hosts file, it will just come back to bite me if I do I'm sure! :)

I have done what x15 suggests and flushed my dns cache, so I will go and do something else until all is well!

i cant even get flush to work

In the Run box type "cmd" (no quotes) and then click ok. Now type "ipconfig /flushdns" (again no quotes). It should then say "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.", now type "exit" (sans quotes) and try launching the game.

If that doesn't work wait 30 minutes or so and try the same thing again, until it works.

ok the cdm wont work just says microsoft cant find cdm tried flush downs with space it took it a dlack window pop up for a split second then dissapeared tried restarting game i still go to playnet i dont what im doing wrong plz help as i im a bit fustrated at not getting this computer to do what i want it to

ok the cdm wont work just says microsoft cant find cdm tried flush downs with space it took it a dlack window pop up for a split second then dissapeared tried restarting game i still go to playnet i dont what im doing wrong plz help as i im a bit fustrated at not getting this computer to do what i want it to

If you saw a window for a second then it did it. That means that your ISP has the incorrect address cached somewhere along the way. You'll either have to wait a day for it to clear, or do the hosts file to bypass it locally.

there is my problem i cant modify host file in run i try ur note pad but it wont work windows says cant find note pad

Anything that can modify text files will work (Word, Wordpad), you just need to be able to open the hosts file and paste in the line. Make SURE whatever you use doesn't change the formatting or the extension on the file though.

tried notepad thing in run again says windows cannoth find path earlier to day and after several attempts i got on game instead of playnet

Anything that can modify text files will work (Word' date=' Wordpad), you just need to be able to open the hosts file and paste in the line. Make SURE whatever you use doesn't change the formatting or the extension on the file though.[/quote']

and this is in run as i cant get it to do anything

and this is in run as i cant get it to do anything

im close i found hoe to modify i put address in it said i had to save it i did but game still wont load i go yo playnet i went back into host and address i put in is still there what i do wrong?

x15 - you da man - took me 15 seconds to do what you said in post and worked like a charm - I am IN!

weeeeeeeeeee

very simple people - don't get intimidated by notepad. Just follow the intstructions very clearly and go kill someone in game

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0