Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x15

UNABLE TO LOGIN/CONNECT TO AUTH: Playnet.com issue, please read.

165 posts in this topic

5 hours i have tried everything was told have resored many times and started over im not taking this aggrivation im un subbing both accts fked up i can get 1 to work but not the other im restoreing 1 more time if it dont work after that im done

tried 1 more time no go its in notepad as host but dont work i go to properties and it still says text document i cant get it right

This whole situation is worse than pathetic. Incompetence is why I left this game a few years ago. I recently signed back up and now I have to deal with this crap...

I tried all the fixes and can't get any of them to work...and even if I did manage to get it to work I'll have to redo it in a few days...This is simply not professional.

I have decided to wait till things work themselves out on their own...HOW LONG do I have to wait??

tried 1 more time no go its in notepad as host but dont work i go to properties and it still says text document i cant get it right

Listen carefuly.

When saving the file

where is says save as file type and shows the default .TXT

Pick ALL FILES

then in the file name, remove the .txt part.

or ok wait here do this

start, run, cmd

ok black dos screen right?

ok now type this

cd c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

hit enter

now type ren hosts.txt hosts

hit enter

Now do the ipconfig flush

The fix for this problem is propagating through the webotron as we speak. Working most everywhere already.

Thanks for the help merlin51, fredrik1 and whiplash!

The fix for this problem is propagating through the webotron as we speak. Working most everywhere already.

Thanks for the help merlin51, fredrik1 and whiplash!

I was'nt any help.

Geez enough with the drama, you would think this was the end of the world. Cut them some slack on this mygod. WOW kills thier servers for 6-8 hrs per week for maintenance.

This minor inconvenience will soon end, till then please deal with it. patience is the key

Go play poker and take my chips.

This is my day off and I wanted to spend it playing WW2OL...Last week on this day the servers were offline for the patch now this week it's a domain thing...

Anyhoo I got it to work.

I'm running vista and I needed to open notepad as admin first and then find the file manually. I also needed to operate, "run" as admin to get the flush to work.

If anyone still are having problems run this:¨

http://www.iamnotfredrich.com/hosts3.zip

It will rewrite your host file with the changes here.

cowboy, try the servers again, it's very likely that it works now

I uploaded a new one that will flush your DNS aswell, so no steps other than to run this bat file.

Oh and it's XP only as far as I know.

If I make this change, what kind of problems will it cause down the line? Will I have to find a way to change back? If so, how?

If I make this change' date=' what kind of problems will it cause down the line? Will I have to find a way to change back? If so, how?[/quote']

To change it back just remove the auth.playnet.com line.

There is really nothing you can break by doing this unless CRS chose to in a distant future change their IP adress, then you won't be able to reach their server again. So it's probbably better to change it back in a few days.

This file just serves as a lookup table for urls, instead of you asking about it from some server on the internet.

You can prevent access to certain sites by adding them to your host file with your internal 127.0.0.1 IP adress.

Its broke again...

roger that, dunno whats up with it.

It now allowed me to purchase the domain name for 179 dollars for like 2 or 3 years.

Someone should shoot domain registrars in the balls.

If anyone still are having problems run this:¨

http://www.iamnotfredrich.com/hosts3.zip

It will rewrite your host file with the changes here.

cowboy, try the servers again, it's very likely that it works now

sir ty so very much for the program i did everything i could as i was reading on all of the pages on this thread and it was not happening for me but now that i did the program it fixed it i am now seeing the little login window

sir ty so very much for the program i did everything i could as i was reading on all of the pages on this thread and it was not happening for me but now that i did the program it fixed it i am now seeing the little login window

No problem, glad I could help.

is anyone actually able to log on? if so, how? ive tried all the 'fixes' and nothing. great first impression CRS...:mad:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0