Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x15

UNABLE TO LOGIN/CONNECT TO AUTH: Playnet.com issue, please read.

165 posts in this topic

is anyone actually able to log on? if so' date=' how? ive tried all the 'fixes' and nothing. great first impression CRS...:mad:[/quote']

This isn't CRS doing something, least not unpurpose.

And part of the blame is in the domain name host.

ok i spent some time doing what is said to be done....nothing. wait! last night at 1:30am est i was able to get into playnet! so i thought i was done. now this morning 9:00am est i cannot log on again. and now everything i tried last night won't work.

same here. I am not computer savvy and trying to run some of these fixes has confused the situation even more. I wish there was an easy method for us computer novices.

Still cant get into game.. Tried everything posted as a fix including the batch file with no luck..

hyper05

same here. I am not computer savvy and trying to run some of these fixes has confused the situation even more. I wish there was an easy method for us computer novices.

If you use windows XP, just download and run this: http://www.iamnotfredrich.com/hosts3.zip

It's a batch file that will rewrite your hostfile.

I am going to test it on vista when I get home (it should work, just run it as administrator), however I am sadly completely mac illiterate, so I probbably can't make one for machintos.

Still cant get into game.. Tried everything posted as a fix including the batch file with no luck..

hyper05

Which opperating system?

Im running Xp aswell and cant get in and ive tried all of the methods 4 or 5 times.

It starts to load but when it gets to "Vehicle Models" it crashes.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Im running Xp aswell and cant get in and ive tried all of the methods 4 or 5 times.

It starts to load but when it gets to "Vechicle Models" it crashes.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Make a sepperate thread, this isn't the same problem you are having.

Most likely you should reinstall the latest videocard drivers.

hey everyone just to let you all know i got the web page site again if you all see this happen once more run the program again it will fix the problem and once again Fredrik1 SIR TY SO VERY MUCH AGAIN!!!!!

I read the sticky above and I don’t understand whats happening . I click on battleground Europe and it takes me to battleground Europe website with and Error message saying Unable to connect to the Authentication Server. On the front page the status of the servers are online so I am not sure why I cant log in the game. I did the checknet thing it this are the results.

Test Starting.

Test 1: Auth Pri WSAE:: Connection timed out (10060)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 0ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 0ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 0ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 0ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 0ms

Test 7: Event Pri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 8: Event Alt WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

*** Partial failure.

- Check firewall

When I click on the shortcut I also don’t get the little launch thing to where you have to check a little box and click launch, well I don’t even get that box it just goes to the website with Unable to connect to the Authentication Server Message.

ok i was able to get in today so hopefully its done. even though it is frustrating to go through ordeals like this.... things do happen. it is really nice to have a forum to try to get things straightened around and people doing their best to help computer idiots like myself out! its crazy to say im unsubscribing or get mad because something didn't go right. so thank you to all who did their best to help me out.

Im not getting nowhere fast either. I am doing the batch thing, but I do not know if it is doing its thing or not. And when I try the notepad config stuff, It just tries to save it as a txt file.

This is what I am getting when I click on the game icon

http://www.playnet.com/bv/error.jsp?error=authconnect

My brother can get in just fine and he sits right next to me.

It may take upto 2 days for any ISP whos name servers picked up the bad information at the last minute to clear. I'm on roadrunner and the DNS servers down here in Dallas picked it up literally 13 seconds before the correct DNS was restored.

Ergo it should resolve itself by the weekend, if you don't want to open My Computer > C: > Windows > System32 > Drivers > Etc > Hosts with notepad and add

66.28.224.240 auth.playnet.com

yourself.

OK finally got it to work and here's how.

Batch file did not work.

had to manually insert line in host file and could only save it as hosts.txt would not save over hosts file

renamed old file as hosts.bck

and then deleted the .txt extension from the new file

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0