Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x15

UNABLE TO LOGIN/CONNECT TO AUTH: Playnet.com issue, please read.

165 posts in this topic

Beyond lame, I don't feel up to figuring out the fix myself, and It worked today on campus, I get home and Errr nothing... so very uncool, hopefully soon

It may take upto 2 days for any ISP whos name servers picked up the bad information at the last minute to clear. I'm on roadrunner and the DNS servers down here in Dallas picked it up literally 13 seconds before the correct DNS was restored.

Ergo it should resolve itself by the weekend, if you don't want to open My Computer > C: > Windows > System32 > Drivers > Etc > Hosts with notepad and add

66.28.224.240 auth.playnet.com

yourself.

Thanks KFS1 you da man!!!!! Add this line to the host file worked for me. Make sure you un-check the read only property on the file first or you cannt save it. WWII is back online for me. w00t!!!!!!!

Alvinn

If anyone still are having problems run this:¨

http://www.iamnotfredrich.com/hosts3.zip

It will rewrite your host file with the changes here.

cowboy, try the servers again, it's very likely that it works now

hey guys try this program out you all say your to lazy to figure it out this program it the best thing you guys can use all you got to do is download un zip the zip file run the program and ding you should be able to join the live server

Fredrik1 is a Genious!!!

Thank Fredrik1 --- I agree.

U wiz. Promise not to shoot u in the foot even if u play germ.

tried all suggested fixes and nadda. based on 90% of the forums ive read, this seems to be SOP for CRS. bugs, glitches and crashes seem to be the norm. based on posts im seeing anyways. glad i spent 44 bucks to write in a forum about pisspoor performance. :confused::mad:

Im not getting nowhere fast either. I am doing the batch thing, but I do not know if it is doing its thing or not. And when I try the notepad config stuff, It just tries to save it as a txt file.

This is what I am getting when I click on the game icon

http://www.playnet.com/bv/error.jsp?error=authconnect

My brother can get in just fine and he sits right next to me.

You need to the the ipconfig /flushdns thing, or restart your computer.

not sure why the op was edited to say the domain issue has been fixed, because dns is still rolling over to a network solutions parked domain for me

ima edit my hosts file now

I did the ipconfig flush thing, also rebooted puter still same thing. Wonder how long this thing is going to go on?

i just added

66.28.224.240 auth.playnet.com

to my hosts file and Im updating the client as I type

perhaps you have some anti virus software disallowing changes to the hosts file?

have you tried doing it by hand?

"winnt\system32\drivers\etc" the file is called "hosts" there is no extension on the end

open with notepad

I logged in as admin, set the folder and files to writeable and tried to change the host file but when I save it's getting a path error, why I don't know cause it's writing back to same dir that hosts file is in? I'm running Vista but hosts file is in same area as XP. Not sure what's stopping it from letting me update.

OK, i got it to where it is doing its patch thing. I did as someone mentiond, renamed the hosts file to hostbk and put in the the line they wanted and clicked on save and it saved it as a file instead of a txt file. Then I did the ipconfig flush and clicked on my play icon and it started the patch process.

Lets just hope I can play now. What a big pain in the you know what. :mad:

tried all suggested fixes and nadda. based on 90% of the forums ive read' date=' this seems to be SOP for CRS. bugs, glitches and crashes seem to be the norm. based on posts im seeing anyways. glad i spent 44 bucks to write in a forum about pisspoor performance. :confused::mad:[/quote']

Been here since 2003 and to call stuff like this a norm is a flat out lie. Bet those forum posters have crappy rigs and refuse to tweak them and what they call bugs is their own limited knowledge about the game and the equipment.

Shat can happen, it is the internet.

anyway, I tried Fredrik1 batchfile and it worked like a charm. GJ Fredrik!

someone call Alltel / Windstream and tell them to get thier heads outta thier butts and re-set there crap ;)

i wanna Play the game ;)

someone call Alltel / Windstream and tell them to get thier heads outta thier butts and re-set there crap ;)

i wanna Play the game ;)

first of all sir what is your OS and is it 32 or 64 bit edition?

Did your instructions and flushed dns first part went well but when i flushed dns it said function failed.

damn skippy its causing 'issues'. all i see is how to reprogram a computer, all of which isnt working. we pay for a product to work. i shouldnt have to call 'geek squad' over to my house to play a videogame.

absolutley friggin ridiculous. ive tried to log-in 5 times in a row to check my account status and each time it says it has no record of my account and resets my password. Why am i trying to log in?? im trying to UNSUB.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0