Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Figgy27

Totally New Machine

27 posts in this topic

OOOK then. Here's my problem: I am 14 years old, i got his game for christmas last year and the subsciption ended about a month ago. Quite frankly the only way to describe the performance i got on my computer was ":mad:BLAH PHAH GAH LARGH:mad:!!!".... Sooo, i am looking for a new computer. Yes a completely new one, this one (even i can tell) would have a virtual heart attack trying to play this game again even with new cards, drivers ect on the lowest setting known to mankind. I'm hoping to get some $muny$ this summer at a local golf course. I have absolutly no clue whatsoever what to get. I suppose i would like anything near $1,000, give or take 100-200 dollars. I am NOT looking for a machine that is ablsolutly stunningly amazing. I am looking for a machine that will play the game with at LEAST 15 FPS no matter where i am at with medium settings, so basically i'm looking for an average of 20-30 fps, 15 in big battle, (or is that not average?:confused:).... And if it could be avoided i'd really like to not end up purchasing a machine rumored to have weird problems with this game or i will shoot myself because i've dealt with this crap box for so long. Thx again anyone willing to help. And to make it interesting and worthwhile anyone who helps me get this computer i will join their side, axis or allied.:D

Summary: Need new computer with normal setting with Average FPS

: $1,000 for computer give or take 100-200 dollars

: It would be appreciated if i didn't get a computer notorous for anything bad.

P.S. And for anyone wondering why i posted this before the end of Summer, i just wanted to give this some time(lots of time) to get lots of answers

Between now and the end of the summer, both game requirements and hardware prices are going to change quite a bit. In fact, any computer people suggest for you now will be almost obsolete (but still useable) by then. You will get far more useful answers when you have the money to spend.

Assuming you are in the US, people will probably suggest that you buy the parts online from http://www.newegg.com/. To get an idea yourself of what hardware to get, spend some time looking through the articles at Tom's Hardware Guide. When looking at graphics card comparisons at Tom's, the games that will relate most to WWIIOL are the OpenGL games such as Doom3.

Would i be right in saying though a new computer that could run the game on med settings with 20 or so fps would cost around $1,000?

Would i be right in saying though a new computer that could run the game on med settings with 20 or so fps would cost around $1' date='000?[/quote']

The cost of all my parts added up together is less than $1000 and I get near constant 60 fps (capped at 60 with vsync) most of the time with 16xAA and 16xAF.

Can you put together a PC by yourself?

Parts are really dirt cheap these days, and they'll be even cheaper (albeit superseded) by the time the end of summer comes. That's a looooooooong time from now, especially in computer years. :)

Just so you get a basic idea, here are some basic price ranges for GOOD, UPPER MID-RANGE PC components (you get what you pay for):

video card ~$250

cpu ~$150-$200

motherboard ~$150-200

soundcard ~$80

hard drive ~$80

power supply ~$100

case ~$100 (or less)

You can use your existing keyboard, mouse, and speakers. If you lean towards the higher-end, you still don't have to exceed $1000 for a performance gaming PC that can run this or any game out there at maximum settings flawlessly.

AND keep in mind that the more time that passes, the more your dollar will buy in PC components.

A $250 card at the end of summer will be better than a $250 card right now.

Ok, thanks guys! And no quite frankly i have no clue what to do while putting a computer together, though i might be able to put a video card in. I could probaly look up online instructions though right? Thanks for quick answers, WW2ol has best community I swear...Ever try using a companies technical support? (rips hair out of head) I suppose i'll leave this thread dormat until near end of summer. So less than $1,000? that's a relief, i figured someone would post saying "Well you could pay 1,000 dollars and get a few fps looking at the ground." Thanks again, You'll remember this thread when I Bump it half a year from now, heheh And i suppose Xanthus helped me the most(thx) so what side do you play? ( i'm no noob, played before but with a bad computer, #28 top sapper)

I have an ACER aspire E380, with a 22" widescreen amd 64x2 4800+ 2.5 ghz. 2gb ram, for $800 on sale. Put a 8500gt for $150 at the time and a 700w power supply($50). Opitmized my setting and get 20 or more FPS even in large battles. SO I would say check them out

Ok' date=' thanks guys! And no quite frankly i have no clue what to do while putting a computer together, though i might be able to put a video card in.[/quote']

I had no idea how to put a computer together either, until this past fall. The instruction manual for the motherboard walked me through the entire process, and overall it was quite easy. The manuals from some companies might be so helpful, but I found the Asus one to be excellent.

just bought a new cp

phenom9500 quad core

ati 3870 512mb

2 gigs pc2 5300 kingston

x-fi extreme gamer platinum

cost $950.00 cdn

run vista with a score of 5.9 on everything the game runs a solid 50 fps (never falls below 50) on medium high settings

have had no issues runs the best of any of the 4 machines i've owned and played this game with

hope that helps

We need to know what your machine actually is. You can save some of the existing parts. Putting one together is cheaper than buying a premade. If you live in a town with a small computer shop..a Mom n Pop..you can save money by having them build it over having one made in some far away big corp. They may well build it for $100 dollars and cost. Post your system specs..not the DXDiagnostic but PS type..Monitor etc.

The only reason I didn't put something together is since you're not building till this summer a lot is going to change between now and then as to what's the best components to buy. Check back here a week before you're ready to order.

All right, this thread will go dormat until then, sleepy time.

My system or whatever you're asking for is this i think...Intel®Pentinum® 4 cpu 3.00 GHz

2.99 Ghz 512 MB of Ram

I know i have an AGP slot, so i guess i want to fix that by getting a PCI.

Video card Nvidia Geforce 5200

ummm.... that's all i can find, And thank gawd you play axis, i've fought against allies too long to feel comfortable in their ranks, lol

I live 30 mins outside Pittsburgh so i might have to turn to a big company, but a think there's a lil computer shop somewhere around here, i remember one at least. Wow it sucks not having this game. I wuved it like it was a son (sniff). I really liked the combination of online/world war II and realism.:)

Well I called the gold course place and apparently they are out of spots for caddies.:mad:

So I don't think I can even get a computer anymore...

Parts always drop in price in March and July 1st. While you wait, you should check out all the build it yourself sites. Read them often and by the time you want a new computer, between this board and what you have learned putting one together will be simple.

Yeah, but I simply don't have the money, my parents would never buy one for me and now I've lost possibly the only chance to get a new one all because they take in caddy applications ****ing 2 MONTHS in advance before I did. the only place I can think of is a golf course near my Dad's house which probably already is full just to put fate against me and they all seem to use golf carts anyways...

That and I turn 15 at the end of summer on august 31...So I'm one year short as of now to work anywhere else but as a caddy but at the end of my only oppertunity to work (summer) I'll be alligible to work but be in school... no one has any idea how mad I am right now. All I have on me is 200 dollars or so. My parents would never let me take money out of my account. Well now that I think of it there is a ****/crap/puny/a big maybe/ possibility that I could persuade my mom to take money out of my account for a computer. Then fill the account back up next summer. I'll talk to her.

Start mowing lawns around town for extra cash. $15 a lawn $20 if it's big. Do a good job and you're less than 100 lawns away from a bad azz gaming comp.

My computer is similar to yours, and it's nForce 2 chipset ( yeah from ice age ).

I only have 2.2GHz AMD CPU and I overclocked it to may be 3.0 GHz, so we have almost same CPU on clock speed wise.

However, I have 2x1GB DDR400 memory and GeForce 5900XT graphic card, and with everything on low setting, I can get 10-15 FPS in town for heavy fight are (but not heaviest fight, I got single digit FPS)

Your memory is not enough with only 512MB, and your computer will keep on loading non-stop. Buy 1 more stick with 512MB to make it to 1 GB will help a lot.

I don't know what your motherboard is, and if you can open case and pull out the memory stick to check make and model, so you can buy the same model is better.

If you want to a brand new stick 2x1GB DDR400, it's only $62 on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211014

1 piece of 512MB DDR400 stick is only $20 on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010170147+1052407862+1052307857&Configurator=&Subcategory=147&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=

Also, you definitely need a video, and you can get some older model cards with AGP interface and get you to havd decent FPS.

GeForce 7600 GS is sure better than 5200, and EVGA's $99 with $20 mail in rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130076

Memory and graphic card, upgrade could get you to okay FPS with low setting.

So if you can't money this year, and you really, really, really, really..... want to try this game. You can consider only upgrade these 2 components.

Again, you need to find out on your own for what kind of memory supported by the motherboard you have ( or you can post your MB make / model ) before you buy a new memory.

Oh man, don't spend money on that old thing. Unless it's free, you don't want another agp video card and some ddr400. For the same price you can buy much better stuff for your new computer. Having at least 1 gig of ram would be nice. I've heard that the game actually needs slightly more than that now days for you not to access your hard drive though, 1.5 is minimum. You can get a 2 gig kit of ddr800 ram for $35. DDR1 is more expensive than ddr2 now.

When you're done with getting more ram and an nvidia 7600 you'll still be disappointed in your computers performance and you'll be $150 further away from a new one that actually can perform respectably. Save your money. Let me know when you have at least $700-800 and we can talk.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0