• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clallen

Fps sucks balls

23 posts in this topic

Been away for awhile just downloaded 1.20 and my fps are back in the crapper!

I had it working real good with 1.19 but 1.20 is a different story all together. Only getting 4 to 10 fps now its really horrible! My graphics card is a Geforce fx5200 256 mb ddr. Yes I

know its not the greatest card in the world but I cant buy a new until december,so im stuck with this one until then. Can anyone help me get some better frame rate? I have done the

tweaks from the sticky above no help also tried a few different drivers from other sticky but I never found the right one for this card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. cant

remember how to get my system info to post for ya guys but here's the specs

3.0 cpu with 1 gig ddr

gc :Geforce fx5200 256 mb ddr

everywhere, its like 4 when im in battle 10 in a town with no action. I got everything turned down that I can think of.

note: just started useing video ram and got a few more fps but not enough

I think ill keep my crapy vid card for as long as i can

my system

XP Barton 3000+ (1600mhz front side) 600.00

2 Gigs of low latency pc3200 memory 450.00

ATI 8200 (yes very old) 128MB vid card 35.00 (yes that cheapo) running at 1024x940/32

aftermarket heat sink for vid card 25.00 (i think it helps )

Finely tunned priceless

im getting 70 fps flying 80 on ground on average

why? donno my guess the low lat memory since my vid card its old, but somehow performs very well

I am afraid of getting another vid card because i seen people complain with top end vid cards a lot in here

so who cares i cant see the new water or the life like leaves on the trees and the birds chirping and the crikets moving on the grass as long as i can see the ei or the EA its ok with me

Been away for awhile just downloaded 1.20 and my fps are back in the crapper!

I had it working real good with 1.19 but 1.20 is a different story all together. Only getting 4 to 10 fps now its really horrible! My graphics card is a Geforce fx5200 256 mb ddr. Yes I

know its not the greatest card in the world but I cant buy a new until december,so im stuck with this one until then. Can anyone help me get some better frame rate? I have done the

tweaks from the sticky above no help also tried a few different drivers from other sticky but I never found the right one for this card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. cant

remember how to get my system info to post for ya guys but here's the specs

3.0 cpu with 1 gig ddr

gc :Geforce fx5200 256 mb ddr

I had the same problem with allmost the same specs. Only i had fx5600. Fps was like 5 in town near trees. Well i spent 180 euros and bought geforce 6800. Now i have fps in town 18-30 and out of town 30-55. So only thing you can do is buy a new graphics card. I tried all the tricks before i bought mine.

btw, because of the new grass and higher tree hipoly range the game will be more fillrate limited. That is bad for alot of the budget cards.

I have a amd 3700 and 1gig of ram 250gig harddrive and X-800 pro256 all on a motherboard k8V SE deluxe. I have seen a drop on FPS is game playable yes BUT I SHOULD BE DOING ALOT BETTER. So us few lucky pepole who have highend comps should not think that most should or even can buy so much stuff. IF the only ww2 players will be for the high rollers than the low pop will be a standerd and we should just start a new squad the 30FPS plus squad LOL let try guys to more urderstanding to all are ww2 players

The point is that you cant expect to play a evolving taxing game on an aging cheap PC.

Look I currently have a an AMD xp2600 with 512 megs RAM and a gf4 ti4400, its adequate even though i'd like to up the ram and then the vid card. 2-3 years ago it was pretty good. Now its low to average, especially the vidcard.

I could buy a highend vidcard and upgrade to a xp3200 (if i could find one)( and i'd need to upgrade the crappy PSU) .

But that still leaves me with single channel memory, a deadend AGP vid card, and a deadend CPU socket. So its throwing good money after the bad.

So I'm saving for a mid level socket 939 amd single core cpu, with 1024 megs of ram and a mid level PCI-E GFX card. In 1-2 years time I can upgrade it with a nice dual core socket 939 CPU ( maybe multi thread software will start to be used then ) and a kickass PCI-E card ( since PCI-E will be around for quite a bit now ).

If I couldnt do that I'd buy 1024 megs of nice 2-2-2-5 memory and a decent vidcard for agp. I could re use the mem later for socket 939.

I have a amd 3700 and 1gig of ram 250gig harddrive and X-800 pro256 all on a motherboard k8V SE deluxe. I have seen a drop on FPS is game playable yes BUT I SHOULD BE DOING ALOT BETTER. So us few lucky pepole who have highend comps should not think that most should or even can buy so much stuff. IF the only ww2 players will be for the high rollers than the low pop will be a standerd and we should just start a new squad the 30FPS plus squad LOL let try guys to more urderstanding to all are ww2 players

Btw, you shouldnt expect stellar performance with the x800 since ww2ol is openGL based, which is not generally good for ati vid cards performance.

Clallen

allot of the older cards took a beating on this patch, there's not much info beside's some of the updates ask allot out of your card and it bog's it down allot. same thing happend to me, I whent out and got a 6600GT, fixed my problems. I know it's not the answer you want to hear! :)

As of right now this seem's to be the black sheep, cause everybody that come's in saying they have an FPS issue is shredded to the voice's of guest's who tell you to update your pc. just look at the where's my pactch tread.

the misterious guest, still dosent have an identity, I think he works at speaker city and he's looking to make some sales!

Me is the guest, posting from my GF's PC.

But seriously, if you have an fx 5200 do you really expect great performance ?

Me is the guest, posting from my GF's PC.

But seriously, if you have an fx 5200 do you really expect great performance ?

thank you! :)

And no, I dont think any of the older cards will take this patch. they got away with it before but the end as come for the cards that could but now just cant handleit.

I just got a 6600GT and it is by far a great performing card, blows the socks out of my MX4000. I'm fine with making the game more appeeling but I'm still on the side that they should post the recommended vid cards to use that way treads like these would vanish, see I made a new enemy in wasp cause of it!

the speaker city thing i stole from old school, just had to put it in there! :)

c'mon we all know the trees eat up FPS. Sure people with older vid cards could upgrade, but Most will agree that people should be able to play a game with decent results under the min. system requirements. I say bring back the silders so people can adjust the level of detail. Personally I'm not blowing more money on Graphics cards when I've already spent well over $2000 upgrading my computer since 2001 playing this game. BTW most people get crappy FPS around town near trees looking at them with binos.

I think they should talk about discrete video cards,not baloney specs like 128mb videocard supporting dx9.

Just about every videocard you can buy new these days has 128 mb memory, but if it has 2/4 pixel/texture pipelines and crappy 64 bit memory interface you will get bad fps, simple as that.

hey i got the exact same card with exact same 256mb and its not a piece of crap,i got a p4 2.4 gig pcu with 1 gig of ram so u should be getting same fps as me,what i did was change resolution to 800x 600 tht helps alot,and i still got most the graphics settings on,change resolution to 800x 600 make sure its in nt compatability and get the software end it all,it cuts off all the other stuff running in backgroumnd that slows dwn comp,i got on average 25-40 fps unless im seeing bunchj of them so called improved trees,it goers down in the 20s and teens sumtimes.

hey i got the exact same card with exact same 256mb and its not a piece of crap' date='i got a p4 2.4 gig pcu with 1 gig of ram so u should be getting same fps as me,what i did was change resolution to 800x 600 tht helps alot,and i still got most the graphics settings on,change resolution to 800x 600 make sure its in nt compatability and get the software end it all,it cuts off all the other stuff running in backgroumnd that slows dwn comp,i got on average 25-40 fps unless im seeing bunchj of them so called improved trees,it goers down in the 20s and teens sumtimes.[/quote']

Thanks for the info terry Im getting around 40 fps now that was a big help.

I really did not mean for this to turn into a flame war just wanted to know if anyone had found a way to get better fps out of the fx 5200. Just as terry has helped me out here thats all I wanted.

Guys i appologize about Wasp, he is not a support corps member.

We all have Player Support Corps by our names.

Gnashe is the nvidia guy, so when he comes in, he may have some suggestions video wise, if your problem is a fillrate problem.

in the mean time, could those of you with problems run dxdiag.exe

save the info to a text file, zip it, and attach it to a post?

then we can see what all hardware you have and drivers etc.

It helps us eliminate some of the more obvious troubles quickly.

There should be a way we can get you more FPS

I am still using my radeon 9700 pro, and do get very good fps, and its an older card as well.

Since im not extremely nvidia literate, i can suggest making sure AA is off

turn down anisotropic filtering some, it can eat up quite a few fps.

the game doesnt look much different in 2X aniso than 8 or 16X aniso

If your hard drive isnt whizzing around while your FPS are low, its not an issue of too little ram, if it is the game is probably running on swapfile, and anything you can do to make more ram available to the game, will help quite a bit.

If you have 1gig or more of ram, that shouldnt be a problem unless youve got

alot of background tasks.

You can turn of the post render filtering(lighting) in game, if your card has older shader versions etc and is having trouble rending the lighting.

shadows you can kill off

bullet holes, 8 or 16 is fine, who needs to see a million of them

Sounds, no more than 64, unless you have a very heavy CPU

infantry need to hear more sounds, aircraft need to hear less.

try lower sound values and see.

2D sound, if youve only got 2 speakers will gain you some fps also

muzzle smoke can be turned off for most people.

tracer smoke too if you dont use tanks much.

Gnashe should be by soon with some nvidia specific stuff

Merlin,

It would helpful if someone could update the sticky on minimum system requirements. More specific information about which ATI or NVIDIA cards are needed or what fillrates are required. It would also be helpful to have an expected FPS with different hardware configurations. It would be helpful to know what kind of FPS to expect when playing different roles. That would allow us to make informed decisions about upgrades. I am in the process of researching an upgrade and want to make sure that I purchase adequate hardware for 1.20 and beyond.

The minimum and recommended requirements in the sticky seem to be low. Has the sticky been updated for 1.20?

Thanks

This game is all about CPU, its less graphic intensive as it is CPU intensive.

if i was specing a PC for this game id say

3Ghz or better cpu for optimal performance

1gig of ram to smooth out unit caching when passing over large groups of people

Video wise a decent AGP card will still churn out a good fps.

PCI-E is the new thing but to date no game has actualy saturated the AGP bus.

which is why your not seeing mega performance increases on PCI-Express systems.

I can give you some settings i use, if it helps

I play at 1024X768 32bit color (i dont like tiny infantry at 1600X1280)

game settings.......

Dithering disabled (dithering is useless in 32bit color)

both LOD's checked

16 bullet holes

No shadows

clear view disabled

64 sounds (run less if your sound card chokes on 64)

2D sound (cause right now im using headphones)

no lock to refresh actualy doesnt matter on or off, it doesnt hinder the game

ambient sounds infrequent (they get annoying)

radial clutter off (looks nice but useless)

video ram

muzzle smoke off (doesnt seem to add much graphicaly can use s few fps)

On video card

openGL zbuffer 24bit forced

mipmap max quality

FSAA off

Aniso filtering 2X

AGP 8x

fastwrites on

texture preference high quality

Temporal AA off

desktop 1024X768X32

A note about vync (no lock to refresh)

this can be on and should be on for best graphics quality

it doesnt slow down your fps because, you monitor can only draw as many fps

as its verticle refresh rate.

So if your monitor refreshes at 80Hz, it can only draw 80FPS no matter how many fps your videocard is spitting out.

Leaving it locked to refresh means your video card doesnt waste time rendering frames you wont get to see.

Also when not locked, and FPS goes past what the monitor can draw, you can get shearing and tearing, and visual artifacts.

Im not overclocking video card, or using any tweak apps

its a radeon 9700 pro 128mb, which is actualy a faster card than the 9800's

in raw performance.

Im not sure how any of that relates to nvidia

[Edit: I saw this thread for the first time today, and have split off all the unhelpful comments from Wasp. - Caber]

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0