• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tzulscha

Met the former C.O. of Kampfgruppe "Lindemann"

522 posts in this topic

Nice thread tzulscha, thank you for posting.

Being a modeller myself, I just have to say hats off to your super detailed Tiger. I really like it. You might want to check the WWII Military History forums: http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=41560

Concerning Herrn Lindemann. I was in contact to a former StuG commander for quite a while via email. Herr Salvermoser, member of the former Grossdeutschland.

To my regret, I haven't got any sign of Rudi for the last two years, so I'm afraid he might not be able to answer anymore (he was around 80 years old then, if I remember correctly).

His (to some degree pretty similar to Herrn Lindemanns) story is online, you will find it here: http://www.feldgrau.com/interview6.html.

Regards.

Edit: Inserted link to my model

Amazing thread, keep ut the good work.

Can you ask him what was his impression of british tanks, crusaders, matildas, churchils, shermans...

Sorry not to have kept you guys up to date but I am dealing with the Holiday shoppers and I am more than a little bit burned out after 10 to 12 hour days.

I do have a long weekend coming up wherein I hope to both finish the model and do Chapter 2 (1942) of Lindemanns African campaign!

I have recently gotten most of what I need for reference (I hope), and I should have a nice long report for you guys this weekend or early next week.

Thanks for your patience and I hope to reward you all soon....

LMAO! They stickied this?!

I've been working hard on the model and I am this close to finishing.

I was trying to have it for Wednesday but my eyes are getting blurry and I can't focus on them lil bitty parts no more so I'll hand it over Friday I think.

I had to choose between writing and building this weekend and I chose building, so no long winded history lesson. This time.

Here are some turret pictures just to show I haven't been sitting on my thumbs...

10101133ij.jpg

101011423nr.jpg

The hardcore detail types may note some stowage discrepancies, but the inside of this thing is absolutely jam packed with gear and I had to make a few minor 'crew mods'.

10101186dk.jpg

Colour looks a bit bright yet, needs some dust to tone it all done a touch.

10101197nr.jpg

Hopefully I will have some writing time this coming weekend....

Sticky!!!

That is the best model I have ever seen. Wow. Puts mine to shame. The Major is gonna love it.

When you're 86 or whatever, delays don't seem like a good idea. I'm sure the delivery ceremony will be pleasureable for all involved.

So who did the Major work for as an engineer, that led to his being involved with the Abrams driver controls? Was he living at the time over in the GR area, or in the Detroit metro area?

Tzulscha, I have a question for the Major. Could you ask him how basic training was ie boot camp? What did he do, where did he go? What was the physical exercises like and what were they?

I have found very little on the basic training of the German soldier and would like to know more on how it was done and what it was like.

He had better not die before tomorrow! I have spent too much time on this bloody thing!

I will spend some time asking your questions for you guys when I see him tomorrow.

Stang, there is a Char kit out there but it is a miserable lump of resin. I have one but it is a distant future project....

Hathair, I have an english copy of the german infantry handbook. If there is anything in that that would be helpful...

Wow, I finally got around to this thread that several squad members had recommended. I can't believe I haven't found it before. Greatest thread here ever!

Pics with the box!

Final shots of the finished Dio. I was up 'til 4:00am last night finishing the freakin' thing. To be honest I could have worked on it for another couple of weeks before I would be entirely happy with the final product, but I promised to deliver today (Fri 01/06/06) and he has been waiting long enough. (What is it now, nine or ten months? Yikes!)

101012526qf.jpg

10101270bt.jpg

The guy on the left with the water bottle is our Radio operator. The beaming babyfaced chap in the middle showing off his new Eisenkreuz is the gunner (18 kills in 22 minutes!) Major Lindemann is the chap holding the citation roll on the right. The fellow on the engine deck is the driver, who is also responsible for engine maintenance. The somewhat blurry figure in the foreground taking the photo is Loader for this crew.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0