• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tzulscha

Met the former C.O. of Kampfgruppe "Lindemann"

522 posts in this topic

Awesome interviews TZ! And that Tiger model looks brilliant. I can believe the amount of time you put into it, it shows in the massive attention to detail. Can I have one too please? :D

As someone who doesn't know much about these kinds of models, I wonder how long would a typical Tiger tank take someone like yourself to complete?

That is compared to the 8 months or so it took you to create this highly detailed custom Tiger tank.

Is it possible to easily disassemble the model tank and examine it's internals in great detail?

Because if not I don't understand what the point of going to such extreme lengths of detail would be.

Based on other models I've seen though, I do believe your paint job was very professional.

tzulscha, this thread brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for showing a veteran of one of the most violent times of our past, especially one on the "wrong" side, how much his sacrifices and blood means to people to this day. You are truly a good person. Thanks for the great read.

Just found this TZ. Great Read. Read all of it. Quite lengthy. Makes you think of how Human all of us are. :)

Have a Happy

just wanted to say amazing story, tz - my wife was even into it.

we both particularly loved his POW story :)

bump

Until we see a Submarine....

OH man this must be the best thread ever including all forums on the internet. He just bumped a sticky ;)

Yep, great read, had to skip some stuff tho. Hope Mr. Lindemann is still alive and well?

Thanks for the comments guys!

I have GOT to get off my dead butt and finish writing this.

I kind of expected when it got shifted over to this forum that it would fade to obscurity.

Can't beleive there are still people reading it!

I'd really like some more time with that diorama, I still have a bunch of goodies I'd like to add to it...

For those that asked, I run Riders Hobby Shop at 2055 28th st se in Grand Rapids Michigan.

If you wander in, ask for Q (thats me), mention WWIIOL and I'll give you a discount (and probably bore you to death talking about WWII or modeling!)

As for the DVDs, Lindemann said he would pick me up a copy when he got a chance but I haven't actually seen him since he picked up the model.

I will announce them when I get my sticky hands on a copy.

You couldn't bore me if you tried :)

Nothing new from the Major?

Anyways, i was playing HoI 2 doomsday (i just got the Armageddon expansion) and i was playing Germany. And when i was preperations for Fall Weiss in the last minute a familiar name popped up. I thought this name was familiar from somewhere and i was certain i knew this from some place.

It was Lindemann.

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lindemannfl7.jpg

Should be him, because the name matches. But if it is him, perhaps we could spread the word of his existence a bit more. For WWII interested people ofc.

Damn, this thing still pops up?

For those who have asked since last I posted here, I am afraid I have still not talked to the Major since he picked up his Tiger. :(

He's busy, I'm busy on other projects..... Last I heard he was going back to Germany to visit family.

I keep hoping he breaks something on the model and it needs repairs.. ;)

I do have some answers for some of you from my notes though;

Linush, the Lindemann (Von Lindemann before WWI), family had a tradition of military service and a number of them saw High Command positions.

I believe that Maj. General Lindemann was our Majors' Uncle.

Donzi, I think there is some story somewhere in this mess about him being friends with Hans Marseille (sp?), Lindemann had pilot training and apparently got on well with the flyboys.

My research into the African campaign indicates that the biggest problem that the Luftwaffe had there was lack of supplies.

No fuel, no ammunition, no sorties.

Early in campaign of course, they did quite well in the close support and interdiction roles.

The problems the Luftwaffe had were never with their machines or pilots (other than the expected ones of dealing with North Africas' terrain and climate), the problems were always supply.

(jeez, I'm answering questions from last year! sorry....)

Silencez, Lindemann said that they were almost never allowed to drive the Tigers on the road because they destroyed pavement.

With the exception of the unloading at the docks, I'd be willing to bet that none of the African Tigers saw more than a kilometer or two of ONroad travel....

Somehow this has slipped from priority, to back burner, to really should, some time....

Think I'll try to get out to the museum this week....

Thanks for all the nice comments! :D

Outstanding read. Best Thread I've ever seen. It takes several hours to get through it all, but it sure as hell is worth it. Thank you TZ. Great stuff.

Very well TZ. Still it might be a relative to to the Major. And as i read in this forum there is no SS divisions, as he had his dislikes for them and every tank division under his command has a Heavy Tank brigade, because that he had one himself:D Only thing i havn't followed up with is that i captured Paris with his army of tanks, dont know if he wasn't in Fall Gelb though.

Going to use his Panzers to spearhead the invasion of Yugoslavia as well as for racing towards Moscow.

Anyway, thanks TZ for a great thread and for all the info you've shared with us. And whenever you see the Major, tell him that he has a new fan;)

/linush

Very well TZ. Still it might be a relative to to the Major. And as i read in this forum there is no SS divisions, as he had his dislikes for them and every tank division under his command has a Heavy Tank brigade, because that he had one himself:D Only thing i havn't followed up with is that i captured Paris with his army of tanks, dont know if he wasn't in Fall Gelb though.

Going to use his Panzers to spearhead the invasion of Yugoslavia as well as for racing towards Moscow.

Anyway, thanks TZ for a great thread and for all the info you've shared with us. And whenever you see the Major, tell him that he has a new fan;)

/linush

I'm assuming this is some sort of game you're talking about. If so, which one?

Great thread Tzulscha! I copuldn't stop reading it. What a luck to meet such a man full of the history we all want to hear!:)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0