• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tzulscha

Met the former C.O. of Kampfgruppe "Lindemann"

522 posts in this topic

I have to say that you are so lucky to have such a resource on your doorstep.

Make the most of it and please share everything. It has been fascinating reading all of your comments and thsoe of all of the other axis players.

S!

hmbno1

why m10 roof invulnerable even open? why axis dont have ju88? why allies got stuff what wasnt even in use at 40 in campaign start..

why m10 roof invulnerable even open? why axis dont have ju88? why allies got stuff what wasnt even in use at 40 in campaign start..

Sorry, I'm pretty sure a WWII Tiger Tank Commander won't be able to answer these questions.

I'd try asking the Rats. :D

Sorry, I'm pretty sure a WWII Tiger Tank Commander won't be able to answer these questions.

I'd try asking the Rats. :D

Oh common, the great Lindemann doesn't know about axis bias questions, he should be the master of axis bias :P.

Ask him what the comradeship was like with his men, what did they do on their off time, where did they go?

I am glad this thread has popped up again, as I have been away from the game for a few years. This is the best thread I have ever read

Ask him if they had crew weapons and wich ones they had? Pistols, MP40, LMG's etc.?

Did he ever had to fight for his life, lets say man against man?

Tzulscha, I've got a question from a guy from the dutch armour association www.TWENOT.nl He wants to know if Herr Lindemann ever saw any green Tigers during his time in Afrika.

I haven't forgotten you guys and I will have some more answers in the not too distant future!

Started reading this thread months ago, somehow forgot about it and just spent over an hour going back through it all over again, awesome stuff.

Far past time I posted something in here again.

I suppose if you guys wanna read it...

Repairs were not too difficult and I managed to add a few more bits and pieces, mostly small stuff.

img0088nu9.jpgimg0103ev8.jpg

img0249zb1.jpgimg0254bn6.jpg

Right, questions.

Ewalk, sorry I haven't got back before this.

Ok. Lindemann basically said that HE never actually shot anybody with a hand weapon.

He said however, that before crews moved out on an attack that he and a few of his commanders would go out before dawn and scout terrain and enemy defenses. Occasionally they would run foul of pickets. Scouting Tobruk got him shot at a couple of times but they had a couple of troopers along to cover the officers.

Crew weapons on a Tiger.

Lindemann said he carried a P-38 and crews could pretty much use whatever they could get their hands on but the Tank came equipped with an MP-38 clipped inside the turret and both the hull and turret MGs were easily removable.

As far as the 'Green Tiger' goes, Lindemann said that although his crews were authorized to camouflage their Tigers with dark grey patterns over their factory Afrika Braun paint, none of his guys bothered. So he says he never saw a 'Green Tiger'.

The Bovington Tiger wears a Light Olive Green mottle pattern over Afrika Braun

That being said, after Kasserine, the DAK captured quantities of American stores including Olive Drab paint.

Rommel did not waste supplies and there are suggestions that some of the 501st Tigers were repainted using Olive Drab while in repair depots.

Sorry, can neither 'confirm nor deny' as they say.

The last time he wandered by the store he was returning from the Patton Museum which I guess has recently received a King Tiger. (Possibly the one from Aberdeen?)

"Damn big chunk of steel!"

I have heard tell recently that there is another Tiger Commander around here somewhere.

I have not met him and I hear he is not keen about talking about his experience.

Evidently he was SS and on the Russian front...

Interesting how many of these guys there are around here.

I built a model for a U-Boat Kapitan a few years back too, makes me wonder how many of them were POWs here and just stayed after the war.

Speaking of which. I just found this.

http://www.allegannews.com/articles/2007/09/06/local_news/2.txt

did you say 100 kill rings? The guy sounds pretty hardcore.... thank god he was captured before he did more damage

I dont think anyone asked this but early on he said that when the SS officer put them all in armour training he hated him. Can you ask him what he thought of his Leader Hitler? What his feelings were towards him like was he a good leader etc. Was there anything that he thought Hitler should have done differnt? Also what does he think of the new german Lepord 2 tank :o.(Also we should get a group of people together during intertransmissoin or go on training server and have a small group of shermans coming down a road or something and watch them get picked off by the tigers :o)

did you say 100 kill rings? The guy sounds pretty hardcore.... thank god he was captured before he did more damage

LMAO

if he was SS then he prob was fond. they all loved hitler untill the war went the wrong way then cried. >i really dont blame them though. losing isnt popUlar. at the wars end hundreds of town people kept walking past AH"s hill house every evening looking for leadership or what have ya. sad indeed. the allieds had to close it off just to keep people from walking by.:rolleyes: theres some new hotels and stuff there present. anyways cool article. i saw it again and enjoyed. tell him wert says hi.

Do you think he could answer the famous "How many Sherms did it take to take out a Tiger?"

But seriously that's pretty cool, you're lucky.

lol the crew looks like they are staring in amazement at the broken body of the poor ammo loader who was viciously attacked by that 88mm gun!

lol the crew looks like they are staring in amazement at the broken body of the poor ammo loader who was viciously attacked by that 88mm gun!

LMAO that's what I was thinking!

I've only just started playing so excuse me for only just noticing :D

Great thread, best ive ever read ^^

Lucky you!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0