Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
azarius

Logitech G15 Keyboard

8 posts in this topic

So I'm in the market for a new keyboard, and I see the re-release of a new and improved G15 is getting good reviews...

So for those that have one, or have tried one - how does WW2OL interface with it? Any issues? Is it worth it?

Thanks

Az

well ive got a older G11.

its the same keyboard with out the LCD screen. it saved me 50$ at the time.

Oh the programmable Macros keys are amazing. you can use software to customize it. or you can use the MR key to record a macros on the fly.

i found it really good for switching to the bomber seat dropping bomb(s) then switching back to the driver in under a second.

the software lets you program in the delay between key strokes or how long to hold it down. it'll also let you program in mouse buttons. im not sure about if it'll work with joysticks and game pads though as far as macros. the USB ports on the back are cool. but dont try and hook up some high powered devices to it.. it uses my mouse well though. it doesnt like my Mp3 player.

it doesnt like phones. sure as hell doesnt like portable HDD's lol.

all in all i'd say it's worth a buy. the length is something to get used to.

Iv'e never had any problems playing wwiiol with it.

Are there specific things you can get the LCD to display? ammo info, lat/lon, stuff like that?

Does it work with teamspeak?

I made a program myself that shows my stats and I can switch the view so it shows TS info instead... there are a few bugs and odd things going on that I have to check out before I will release it in to the wild, but when it works it's very nice.

edit: oh and I'm using the G15 and I'm very happy with it.

I have the original G15. I still fail to see what's improved with the new version. Just looks like it has many fewer macro keys, and a different, but not necessarily better screen. Would love to hear from those who have used it.

There's a TS program for it that will show who's speaking and a few other status things, that's all I use the screen for. The stats program sounds really cool, I'd definitely like that.

Same version as dover and like him I youse it for TS only.But I know the screen can show different info as CPU and MEM usage,clock and other things.And I played a little Red Orchestra and there it shows ammo and health and on....

You need to get a plugin for TS to workon the screen.Like to test your prog when its finished,sniff.

I like G15 very much.

Just picked it up today... Grabbed the Teamspeak program for it - and LOVE it. I used to use TSOverlay and a couple other programs, and this is MUCH better. I like the integration to show music you're playing and stuff like that as well...

Just wish there was a ww2 script out there. Maybe one that shows lat and long easily for mortars/planes and stuff, or CPs when they get contested? *shrug*

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0