Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Bug Update

9 posts in this topic

Just a note, I am trying to reproduce the common crash we all get now that I am running in source version. Sadly it's not crashing lol.

I did make a sound change to the old sound code which has improved it a bit.

No new version unless I can nail that (or those 2) crash down.

Fly a bell and strafe a tiger really really really close from a low angle. Thats a guaranteed crash for me.

I was able to reproduce it over 10 times in a row during intermission as I screwed with my settings trying to see if 1 was responsible for it.

I tried that, no dice for me. I think its a random value crasher - if you hit the lottery it dies.

Thx, ahwulf for the continued work on this.

Bug maybe hard to repeat but I don't think that it is "random". :confused: Still think it's related to problem in the sound/position code... Abidubi, how are you oriented wrt your target when crash occurs?

Ahwulf, if Abidubi can sugggest a particular orientation and you are up for it, I will help with some testing on the training server, maybe some strafing runs from different angles.

s!

Fly a bell and strafe a tiger really really really close from a low angle. Thats a guaranteed crash for me.

I was able to reproduce it over 10 times in a row during intermission as I screwed with my settings trying to see if 1 was responsible for it.

during intermission, i crashed an awful lot while getting strafed while driving a tiger (3 times at least), and also crashed when seeing a tiger strafed.... of course, i was only spawning a lot of tigers during this intermission. This is with an iMac/Tiger/ATI Radeon X1600-256MB.

spawned in during the regular game, i crash alot (in non-Tiger situations), but cant seem to see much of a pattern to it, except that i crash consistently, sometimes after 15min, sometimes after 3 hrs.

during intermission, i crashed an awful lot while getting strafed while driving a tiger (3 times at least), and also crashed when seeing a tiger strafed.... of course, i was only spawning a lot of tigers during this intermission. This is with an iMac/Tiger/ATI Radeon X1600-256MB.

spawned in during the regular game, i crash alot (in non-Tiger situations), but cant seem to see much of a pattern to it, except that i crash consistently, sometimes after 15min, sometimes after 3 hrs.

My only consistent crash is after about 3-4 hours, looks like a memory leak. Very occasional sound one, but haven't had it since patch, but we'll see this weekend.

When I played axis during last intermission I crashed like 3 to 4 times. Not sure what happened or what caused it, but I crashed. Now when I go back to the allied side, I never crash. Weird.

I've been getting the crash on the iMac on my desktop and I've just built an instrumented build which should help me track it down tomorrow. Rickb's hunch is that its related to networking code hence it falling on my plate.

- Oliver

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0