• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

"The Covoy" Feed back Thread

23 posts in this topic

I'd like to start off by Apologise to everyone for the Blen-T not being in the Spawn List.

This is my Fault for not Checking the Spawn list prior to delegating the mission equipment. my Bad everyone.

I want to Apologise to those Players that just showed up wanting to play, but in these events You need to SIGN UP for them in the Realism forums. they are Announced for 4 weeks Prior to there Play date and are also in the Community Report and the Weekly News Letter. so we do allow for Plaenty of time to sign up. the Rules are to sign up, so thats what you Must do. Again i hated to request that you leave. but i do have a Job to do. but i will offer you my apologys for doing so \~/ Cheers i hope to see you in the Next Event

Thanks for Attending for those who showed up, we were about 30 short, so we half the sign ups present. Lotta Action everywhere once it Started and i personally had a hard time keeping up. but i did get some of the action NW of Calais. i Totally missed the TT Action because i couldn't find it ;)

Please us this Thread for Feed back on Problems you feel that need tweeking to make it a Better Experence. this is my 1st Events and i feel i hit a few Pot Holes in the road.

Again, i hope you had Fun and it was a Different Experence. Thanks to all who were part of this Cheers \~/ Gentlemen

A suggestion: Ensure that there is a chain of command already specified before the event starts. If no one volunteers, nominate them and make sure that's posted. Have standby and backup slots for all commands. Organizing things on the fly once it's go time and after no-shows have eaten up the roster wastes everyone's time.

thanks jammyman for your efforts.

perhaps another kind of event can be staged where walk ons can be accepted? they would of course have no choice but to go where they are assigned; but accepted none the less?

or perhaps a walk on [only] event with random duty assignment?:D

just some ideas

S!

baddog11

I had a lot of fun jammy despite the amount of people who didn't show up.

Can't wait for the next event.

A suggestion: Ensure that there is a chain of command already specified before the event starts. If no one volunteers' date=' nominate them and make sure that's posted. Have standby and backup slots for all commands. Organizing things on the fly once it's go time and after no-shows have eaten up the roster wastes everyone's time.[/quote']

I had no plans of being a flight commander. But somehow I got ML and people told me to lead the pact. So I did.

It would have been alot better if t weren't for the "flakey" dmage model and the kill 1 gun = kill on unit. But it was a blast none the less..

S!

It was a good event and I sank my first EDD :D

Thanks for organising it Jammyman.

I look forward to the next event.

was good, think we needed more dd's to cover the tt's from different areas, but theres nothing we can do about no showers.

Didnt get any kills, but had a good duel with an edd, which resulted in me being torpedo'd... S! whoever you were

Congratulations to all that made it and I noticed that some of you scored your first DD kills. Very cool to see that!

I had a lot of fun jammy despite the amount of people who didn't show up.

Can't wait for the next event.

Great job Divided! :cool:

The only LW pilot we had and if there was a medal out there for this event, it would pin it on you. Event MVP! ;)

A suggestion: Ensure that there is a chain of command already specified before the event starts. If no one volunteers' date=' nominate them and make sure that's posted. Have standby and backup slots for all commands. Organizing things on the fly once it's go time and after no-shows have eaten up the roster wastes everyone's time.[/quote']

If you checked the first page of the event thread, you wuld have seen that all leadership positions were posted. I guess that since many did not show up, this left a void in the CoC.

I know that it was tough because even those that showed came in minutes before the event. So repeating the same stuff over again to different players and finally the entire group is a necessity in these events. However with the long sail/flight times involved I believe there was plenty of time to establish CoC and a plan. Even it it needed to be refined as time went on.

Basically it would be great if everyone showed up, that would eleminate most of the problems!

i took some screenshots at the beginning. However, i cant find it. If anyone could tell me where it was i would be happy to post some of them.

S!

nice vid jammy:)

any thoughts or comments for walk on event?

would the rats consider that type of thing?

S!

baddog11

It was fun whilst it lasted... I still don't know the identity of the DD captain who sank all four TT's in under two minutes. S! whomever you were.

I'll definately be signing up for more of these events in future.

Thanks Jammy!

It was fun whilst it lasted... I still don't know the identity of the DD captain who sank all four TT's in under two minutes. S! whomever you were.

I'll definately be signing up for more of these events in future.

Thanks Jammy!

It was huka1 who found your TTs and sent them down to meet Davey Jones.

Not allowing walk ons when there are empty places is just silly and stupid. I was unable to make this event, but with this rule I will also not ever be able to make it.

I don't have a schedule. I wake up when I want, I go to bed when I want and I sleep as long as I want. And there is no getting around that. I do not schedule anything for specific times outside 2 or 3 business meetings a year for work. Outside that, I do not have a schedule at all.

As such, there is no way I can say ahead of time if I will be able to make such an event. And if you do not allow walkons, then I will never be able to take part in these events.

The sign up list should only mean you are guarenteed a spot. If the signup is full, and I walk on then I understand if I get turned away. If the signup isn't full or the spots are empty, I feel as though you are just being on some power trip because I didn't do exactly as you asked. If there is a spot open, why in the world would you not want that filled?

What you are actually asking for here, and what you will likely get are people who signup and that don't make it. I guess that is what I will have to do, and then if I don't make it then it's your loss, not mine. And if I make it, then great.

Downright silly and childish rule IMO. I'm glad I didn't make it, because you would have gotten an earful from me if you had turned me away for walking on when there were spots that needed to be filled.

Oh, schedule explaination kinda made me sound bratty. I work at home, and I'm a programmer so I work a good amount of hours. When you are programming, there are days/times when things are just clicking, and so you get alot of work done in a shorter amount of time. And then there are days when it's not clicking. When I'm working and I'm on a roll, I may work from the time I wake up, until the time I go to bed. And I have been known to stay up for 20-30 hours in 1 time working. So when I crash, then I crash hard and I sleep until I wake up. Then I do it again or whatever etc. It's not uncommon for me to be awake for 24 hours, then sleep for 12.

So some days I'm up during 1 set of hours, and another day I'm up in another set of hours. So it's extremely hard for me to say - yes I will be up and able to make an event at 2pm on a certain day. Because I may be working 3rd shift during that time, and asleep. I often times eat the cost of a sporting ticket for this reason, much less a game event etc. It's not that I'm just bratty or whatever.

I wanted to attend this event, but didn't sign up because I didn't want to take up a spot in case I missed. So I had planned to come on as a walkon. Very disappointing to learn that even that is not an option even if there are places to be filled.

I'm sure it's pretty disappointing for anyone who wanted to walkon and wasn't allowed a spot. It's like watching the ice cream man throw all the ice cream on the ground instead of giving you a cone because you didn't have a quarter($3 in todays US dollar).

nice vid jammy:)

any thoughts or comments for walk on event?

would the rats consider that type of thing?

S!

baddog11

you mean just have an Open event, Well, to be honest, i have the notion of running a 12 or even a 24 hour scenario, but it would take someone who could lock and unlock the server to be around the Whole time.

My thought, was to have the Server Opened up for 10 Minutes every hour on the hour, to Represent True Troop Replacements. and to try to make Staying Alive Important. 30 - 40 minutes waiting to get back in cause you got killed and can't spawn back in in 30 seconds like the Live Server.

it would have to be a Combined Arms Scenario so Everyone could get in and play all personas. Maybe a D-Day Scenario WWII Online Battleground Europe Style ;)

Would that be something your talking about?

My (and trust me when i say this) "Long Term" Goal, is to have Scenarios like this going on when it's Intermission Time ;) this will give the players something else to do if they so choose to, and of course Approval from CRS ;)

anything like that jammyman.

something that the players can be a part of that are presently on line.

if you need a hand , please feel free to ask ,

would be glad to help

S!

baddog11

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0