• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hardcase1

Allied Force F4 New Intall on New Machine..Black Screen

7 posts in this topic

Just installed it on my new machine and when I go to launch it all I get is a black screen. Where is the cfg file that controls the startup resolution. Since I use a TV/LCD as a monitor and the defualt rez is 1920/1080 that might be the problem. Blacks screen, sound is running and I have the ac mouse cursor but no pix. Any help will be appreciated. 8800GTS vidcard running lastest nvidia drivers.

Just installed it on my new machine and when I go to launch it all I get is a black screen. Where is the cfg file that controls the startup resolution. Since I use a TV/LCD as a monitor and the defualt rez is 1920/1080 that might be the problem. Blacks screen' date=' sound is running and I have the ac mouse cursor but no pix. Any help will be appreciated. 8800GTS vidcard running lastest nvidia drivers.[/quote']

dunno where the cfg file is, should be in the root folder, but also turn off all AA and AF on your vid card, as that may be the problem also, i get that sometimes, when i use AF at 8x.

This was asked and answered before, but I can't find thread now.

Go to Battleground folder, and inside Data folder, you shall see wwiiol.xml file.

Open that file with wordpad, then use Find function to search for resolution, then you will see ( e.g ) 1280x1024x32, just change that to 1920x1080x32 or whatever you like.

That kind of setting files usually can be opened using wordpad.

Just pick any *.cfg or setting.xxx file or post what the file list here to see if we can help.

do you have V-sync disabled?

I know sim city and a couple others won't start with it disabled.

hardcase, are you able to take a screenshot and post it here to let us know what files in the game folder ?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0