Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Feedback Thread for Remagen Bridge Event .....

12 posts in this topic

Well we (allies) ended up loosing rather horribly but i still had a lot of fun with my sniper.. 20 some odd kills over the course of 3-4 missions. I forget who it was but not long after 2nd wave i nailed someone in far N unkel church tower from roof top of big city building in middle of Remagen. Bout a 600m shot. Was the high point of the event for me. ;)

Had lots of fun though. Thnx to axis forces for a good fight.

S!

It was good fun despite losing miserably. my best sortie was defending the factory CP i kept the axis of it for a good 10-15 minutes

realism_event.jpg

had some fun, but couldnt seem to kill many people... and my HC uniforum seem'd to attract bullets... lol well ya it was a blast =D

Yup it was a lot of fun...

The Good: I liked the whole idea of realism... The area chosen was great for an infantry skirmish... Towns, river, hills, open fields...had it all!

The Bad: Although it went smooth, I would have liked to have limits on kits, a way to make it more like squads with a lot of rifles, a couple LMG's and a few smg's and a sniper...maybe a mortar team... Alos the inability of the allies to use the spawnable was frustrating.

The ugly: My 5 sorties: twice killed in the truck, twice killed without sighting the enemy. My one long sortie I managed to swim across the river, sneak around back of the axis town... manuver into a cp (this took about 45 minutes) and as soon as I got inside the AO was taken off... I found a lookout and waited till the spawning opened and tried to slow the stampede across the bridge. It was funny because the axis must not have realized I was in their town shooting from behind them... But in the end I only killed one... but it was a nice shot, at least 300yards while the ELMG was sprinting across to the bridge, with my open-sight rifle.

Lot of fun. I think we (Axis) won the truck race into town and that helped a lot. I hung out near a CP on the SW corner for a while, got shot when I was looking at my map.

The fun part, was after that, I headed to the ludendorf bridge, and just as I was getting there a group of enemy infantry comes down the river road on our side of the river in a truck. Me and and another axis guy, (mwmw or something like that) killed all them, I think it was 4-6 infantry at once, I got two kills and 4 hits. Nice given that resuppy was another 8 or 9 minutes out at that point. The rest of the time I watched that bridge until late game when we controlled everything and we started to move farther south.

Can't wait until the next one!

The resupply concept was great IMO, since it meant we had trucks rolling back and forth, and planning based on when the next troops would arrive.

There was a lot of tension and a lot of fun on this event.

Rreally very good one. Very well selected the place and the resuply timers.

We (Axis) won the truck race, got into town much faster than allies, and that gave us an advantage. nevertheless, we were nearly to make a draw, as Remagen was down to one axis depot... we capped another and then that depot went allied. Uff. 2 seconds late and town would have been allied, they would move flag on town and finish in a draw.

Most of the players didnt read the explanations from forums, get in late, didnt know about the resuply, and didnt know what was going on. Think people MUST read next time better the explanations.

Nevertheless some of the rules were not clear. We didnt know we were allowed to use spawnables, we didnt know what was going to happen with flag moves, radio tables didnt appeared at normal rates and i was not sure if happened every resuply timer (uff that was very abnormal and caused some mess)

Two personnal happennings in the battle. I was opel and i remainded as opel cause i didnt realize i could respawn as inf next resuply round, so as opel and available to return next time, i drive directly to allied FB to crash myself with their incoming beddys :-D I expected to kill some inf this way, but i missed the beddy and i was lmg-zed :-)

The other situation was when i made mission from Unkel to unkel at Ab when our flag was moved in.. Woot. spawn in town... near to Remagen!... but later when we were near to win and settle on Remagen, i was trying to make good communication adn ended a bit sad cause nobody marking, only two guys were answering or coordinating.

I finished very upset.. i was spaming the chat a lot and nobody was doing anything... arg... then i looked at the missions. DAMN. I and two more were the only one with Unkel as target. All others moved later to defense of remagen mission so THEY WERENT HEARING MY CHAT :-D so... dunno how many coordination were out there, but thought was great.

We need to set the operation channel next time guys :-D

Ty Jpanzerj and Germany by leading the axis forces. :-)

And Ty jammy for this great event.

S!

It was funny because the axis must not have realized I was in their town shooting from behind them... But in the end I only killed one... but it was a nice shot, at least 300yards while the ELMG was sprinting across to the bridge, with my open-sight rifle.

hi there! it was you!? you should have had a look at the station tower! i was in.. showing you my back for a while!

we (axis) had reports of fires from N side... then i saw you ... ! ;-) (1st floor of W house, no?)

i like to be able to respawn when dead... but 13 min was too "easy".. i would say 20min between respawn... also , may be think about event with different "ressup" rate / side (allied 20min, axis 30 min for exemple - due to scenario or number involved...)

i never used binoculars... just say the rules.. and trust people! (and throw them away if they do not follow the rules!)

saw no one as sapper.... strange no? ;-) suggest: NEVER USE SAPPER for events.. allow ATG if needed (if Armor are allowed)

USE ORDERS to give generic infos to players! (i logged in at 21h01 GMT +2! one minute before end of spawn time!) and i missed the briefing.. apology for that, but orders could have helped me!

I still did not get the point about the radio timers... we were about to cap everything.. but no radio!

and final question: were the numbers even? (X allied vs Y axis? how many were we?)

had a great time.. but seems to me allies gave up a little bit early, no?

Thanks to bdawgg who covered East Bridge for a while (did you killed some?)

hi there! it was you!? you should have had a look at the station tower! i was in.. showing you my back for a while!

we (axis) had reports of fires from N side... then i saw you ... ! ;-) (1st floor of W house, no?)

Yup that was me! I did shoot at you a bit but for some reason I couldn't hit you... I got 3-4 damages from that mission, I assumed one was you in the guard tower! Plus that was a pretty long shot, I had been moving between houses and shrubs etc. but I had a great LOS from that house and stayed there too long and you zapped me! Good shot!

Awesome Feed back all ;)

i probally should Explain my thinking in some of the areas and Communicate them better to everyone.

Possible Bugs:

1) Spawnables not accepting mission post

2) Timer issues (the Server was set up and AO's were placed 12 hrs Prior to the event happening)

The Bad:

1) Better Rules Descriptions

2) Balance (even #'s per side)

The Good

1) Re-Supply Timer

2) Location

Anything else we need to add to the List?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0