Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Joker35

??? about hardware

2 posts in this topic

I recently asked for opinions on what type of new hardware to purchase for a P.C. I am building. I recieved some good suggestions but have a few questions about some of the newer stuff. It was suggested to purchase an Abit A8N SLI motherboard and a AMD 3500 + 1Ghz. Winchester processor. And the Asus ATI 850 256 Mb. video card.

My question of these three is the SLI option I have read must be turned off on certain applications and in some cases the extra video card removed. Will the SLI work in WWII online or is it not worth the time to invest in and in what applications is it useful?? I don't want to have to continually reboot to run or not run in SLI mode. Secondly the AMD 3500+ 1Ghz. chip I like but the 3700's have an FSB intergrated into the chip and it says same as the clock speed. Does this mean it runs at 2.2 or 2.3 Ghz. I mean is this a better chip or is the Winchester core a better CPU??

And my last question kind of goes with the first. The Asus ATI card does not support SLI but has a much higher core speed than the Nvidia 6800's. I am thinking of going with the 6800 Ultra only because it is SLI compatible and I will purchase 2 if it is worth it. So is it better to purchase 2 6800 Ultras and run in the SLI mode or go with the higher core speed of the ATI card??

I am just trying to get the best and most upgradable hardware I can and any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

I built a box with the Asus a8n sli deluxe Motherboard, 1 gig of ram

Sata II 60 GIG Drive... THe Sata II drives ROCK!!!...

I think I used A AMD 3200 64 bit chip...

THe major point here is ...

It is my understanding WWII online is not maximized to run SLI

or 2 video cards just yet.... some games are some are not yet!!!

I first used an ASUS ax700 256MB ATI Video card... then Changed to an ASUS 6800 gt 256 MB card.. So later on I could take advantage of SLI mode with 2 cards...

Both video configuations gave me about the same performance with a slight advantage to the ATI card..

Overall this setup is very stable with smooth flight and few stutters

GATR

CO 81ST

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0