Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ironfist

the nvidia 84.21 drivers run good in XP what nvidia drivers work good in vista ?

11 posts in this topic

I cant seem to install 84.21 in vista .....and they worked best for my xp machine

I bought what I thought would be a faster machine ......but only option is vista is there any NVIDA drivers that vista users are having any luck with ww2online ?

Have the 7600gt card and my AMD 4200 I can run 2 accounts in heavy fights and neither drops below 30fps

This new vista 32 bit sp1 and the newest nvida drivers stink (I can get 70 fps away from action ......but as soon as enemy appears its slide show 20fps - 9fps (9fps is unplayable)

I need some good nvida drivers and Im starting to think that vista bare min requirements for ram would be no less than 4 gig especially with ww2online

why would you choose vista over xp anyway?sorry i cant help but just wondering

I wanted a faster CPU .....and newer vid card

I dont want to build it ......I want to add to it like I did with this pc something I have been very happy with

I think I like the fact that I can go to my local pc store and buy a pc right now not wait for them to ship it then if I have a problem I can go back the same day and get it handled

Cant really do that with a home build .......at least immediatly

Bad thing is that vista is the only operating system being offered with new pc in these stores ..........so

There has to be better nvidia drivers than 1.69 to 1.75 series for vista and ww2 ........is anyone using them ?

I kinda like the new pc and I kinda sorta like vista I just want to play ww2 with 35fps in heavy battle like my old one can most of the time

depends from what kind of system builder you buy, like Dell design their own motherboards, so some of their products may not be 100% compatible with components in the market

yup.vista sucks.

Why... ??

Was you one og these uber-nerd.computer ppl that cried XP sux

when windows 98 was phasing out too``??

Vista works really good....

If we talk fps and Vista i never is under 70 fps in heavy battle..and then i run 2 accounts...

Drivers ...never a problem.........

So yes Vista sux big time..........

CJ

Vista works really good....

If we talk fps and Vista i never is under 70 fps in heavy battle..and then i run 2 accounts...

Drivers ...never a problem.........

So yes Vista sux big time..........

CJ

Can you please tell me if you have 32 bit or 64 bit version and how much ram intel or amd and please tell me the drivers you are using

Im looking for best ww2 and nvidia 7 series vid drivers

the latest whql driver from nvidia works fine. As far as "best" for vista, there is simply two modes atm, good or stable. They all have their quirks.

I could not get this game to work very well in Vista at all, but I did get it to work in the end (I'll explain after.)

My current setup (the basics.):

AMD dual core 6000+ running at 3.0GHz

3GB RAM

Soundblaster Audigy sound card

GeForce 8800 GT Video Card with 512 memory

Every driver updated

In Vista, In the middle of nowhere I'd get about 40 FPS and in the large battles I get 9 - 15 FPS

So I decided to add a partition to my harddrive and add a small 80GB partition for XP. I then installed XP and setup a dual boot system so that I could boot into XP or Vista whenever I wanted.

After that, I loaded the game and the results were amazing. In the middle of nowhere, I'd get 240+ FPS and in large battles it would drop way down to 70 or so FPS.

Maybe I was doing something wrong in Vista, but I doubt it. I was shocked at how much of a difference there was. And this wasn't the only game that I had that issue with. Vista wasn't running MoH: Airborne that well either. It was a slideshow even at medium settings. But it was great in XP.

The only weird thing was Crysis. I could run that game at high / very high in Vista and had no problems doing it. But for most games, it just wasn't going to happen.

I may not have the fastest PC on the market, but a 3GHZ dual core with 3GB or memory and an 8800 video card SHOULD be able to handle most games at a decent setting.

I could not get this game to work very well in Vista at all, but I did get it to work in the end (I'll explain after.)

My current setup (the basics.):

AMD dual core 6000+ running at 3.0GHz

3GB RAM

Soundblaster Audigy sound card

GeForce 8800 GT Video Card with 512 memory

Every driver updated

In Vista, In the middle of nowhere I'd get about 40 FPS and in the large battles I get 9 - 15 FPS

So I decided to add a partition to my harddrive and add a small 80GB partition for XP. I then installed XP and setup a dual boot system so that I could boot into XP or Vista whenever I wanted.

After that, I loaded the game and the results were amazing. In the middle of nowhere, I'd get 240+ FPS and in large battles it would drop way down to 70 or so FPS.

Maybe I was doing something wrong in Vista, but I doubt it. I was shocked at how much of a difference there was. And this wasn't the only game that I had that issue with. Vista wasn't running MoH: Airborne that well either. It was a slideshow even at medium settings. But it was great in XP.

The only weird thing was Crysis. I could run that game at high / very high in Vista and had no problems doing it. But for most games, it just wasn't going to happen.

I may not have the fastest PC on the market, but a 3GHZ dual core with 3GB or memory and an 8800 video card SHOULD be able to handle most games at a decent setting.

I think your pc will run any game it certianly fast enough

I have an Xp machine and its alot slow then my new vista machine spec wise but my XP runs the game way better

Have you tried running the vista game under the x86 (instead of the sse2) compatability mode switched to windows nt service pack 5 .........also change the game to run as administrator (I have a quad core not sure if you can run admin with dual core)

I also had luck in setting affinity for ww2 in task manager to run on proccesser 1 and i gain 20 fps overall on my windows XP (on my vista quad core if you run as administrator it wont let you change affinity )

My xp gets 145 to 30 fps low and can run 2 accounts off the same machine

on my vista machine I can run 100 fps all the way down to a low 20 fps average in a med fight but down to 9 fps if more than 30 enemy are attacking town

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0