Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

IPhone goody

17 posts in this topic

I had been planning on working on iPhone games for a while, and then suddenly I wound up out of work this week, so I have more time.

As I learn the iPhone dev environment, I hope to put something together for monitoring the war (based on Wiretap of course). It will be available for free on the iTunes App Store of course.

So go out and buy one!

If stupid AT&T will just ship mine already.... @#$#@$

Mind you you won't be able to PLAY the game, just follow the action. It's not that fast.

Apple is working on some kind of beta scheme, not sure how it will work yet. Plus you can't simply update it on a regular basis. I think they still need some more thought as to delivering the apps.

Mind you you won't be able to PLAY the game, just follow the action. It's not that fast.

Apple is working on some kind of beta scheme, not sure how it will work yet. Plus you can't simply update it on a regular basis. I think they still need some more thought as to delivering the apps.

Only updating I have seen is through the apps store... just log in and they will show if you have any apps that have been updated..

Whohoo it should be here Friday sometime.

I stood in line for 2 hours to get mine on release day.. was fun..

I had to wait weeks for it but I finally got my paws on it today. Now to starting thinking about how to build this thingee...

The most amazing thing about the app store is the volume, several items have or are about to reach 1M downloads/purchases. Mind boggling.

Best Phone I have ever had by far.

Yes it has shortcomings - yes it lacks behind in a few areas but damn I just don't care the rest of the package is so good you forgive the bits that are lacking.

can only get better.

Just found out the iPhone dev kit only runs on Intel. Good thing I still have my Macbookpro; can't afford to buy the Mac Pro I wanted until I have another job.

Another thing is that I am thinking of using a web proxy to supply some of the data for my app so I can predigest the wiretap data to minimize the bandwidth usage on the iPhone, which might make it possible to build a web version as well for all those who lack an iPhone.

Just found out the iPhone dev kit only runs on Intel. Good thing I still have my Macbookpro; can't afford to buy the Mac Pro I wanted until I have another job.

Another thing is that I am thinking of using a web proxy to supply some of the data for my app so I can predigest the wiretap data to minimize the bandwidth usage on the iPhone, which might make it possible to build a web version as well for all those who lack an iPhone.

Well if you have time and are a good programmer, I would be more than willing to pay upwards of $50 for a decent ssh client for the iphone. I am sure there would be many that would do the same.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0