Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

IPhone Icon "contest"

10 posts in this topic

OK, not much of a contest, but I am starting on the BEM application (BattlegroundEuropeMonitor) for the iPhone and not being much of an artist, would like folks to draw one up for me.

http://playgroundblues.com/posts/2008/jan/15/iphone-bookmark-iconage/ has some good pointers on what you need to do. Note that when apple displays the icon on the iPhone they add the gloss and rounded corners.

What do you win? I steal your icon of course! And find some place to put your name eternally.

Remember its an application to follow the war (not play it!) based on Wiretap (like BEGM). It will be a free app in the iTunes app store when I'm done with it. No release date, I just compiled an empty app for the first time today!

Please post your icons here as PNGs or ask and I'll send you an email address.

At some point I will start making screenshots (running in the iPhone simulator) when it begins to do something.

Try to use vector stuff for icons so they will be future ready. That is where entire Apple (desktop,phone etc.) going.

I mean to save from extra work. If the icon you mention is "Wiretap" it would be great for WW2 Online. Even colour style matches.

Try to use vector stuff for icons so they will be future ready. That is where entire Apple (desktop,phone etc.) going.

I mean to save from extra work. If the icon you mention is "Wiretap" it would be great for WW2 Online. Even colour style matches.

iPhone icons must be a *.png file. Just FYI.

iPhone icons must be a *.png file. Just FYI.

for now... Apple is moving to vector formats very soon. In fact things are there but disabled by Apple. I bet it is same deal on iPhone too.

You can save vector files as PNG too. In any resolution.

Thing is, Apple wants to go Resolution independent, the screen will be exactly same with amazing detail on 30" too. For that, you need vector graphics.

Of course not a big deal for now but it will be in the future.

Due to my lack of income situation, I had to start focusing on paid iPhone apps. Also, the lack of a vector map was a big problem. I'm hoping that stuff the rats are working on will make this easier in the future.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0