Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
supremus

IM SICK OF THESE CTD's

20 posts in this topic

im getting lots of ctds whenever i die or despawn, or even when im just RTB and this is driving me CRAZY! were im about to quit my subscription.:mad: Im a new player and i think the game is awsome, but theses ctds is not what im paying 15 dollors a month for, ive cleaned off and deleted unneeded files, ive defragged my comp so many times,and im still getting all these ctds, if anyone knows a true soulution plz let me know it would be alot of help, thank you:)

I had this problem a few years back. I reinstalled all usb devices replaced my memory in a different slot and worked fine after I did that. Also did a driver update on the whole PC including BIOS(only do a bios update when you know what youre doing).

This is bollocks. CTDs on start up. CTDs on AAR screen. CTD's always within 10 mins of logging in. I have reinstalled the game. I'm not the only one getting this problem lately.

Please check your /Battleground Europe/ folder for "ww2error.log". If you have that, please post here with:

CPU:

RAM:

Video Card:

- Driver Version or Date:

Sound Card:

-Driver Version or Date:

(You should generally always be running the latest drivers)

You can easily get the driver version and date by doing this:

Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> press enter -> Look on Display and Sound Tabs.

I'll forward those to our programmers for review.

Also please check if you have the latest motherboard drivers for your system installed.

Got this crash-on-despawn issue today on an XP machine here, with a GeForce 8800 GT. The drivers were from May. Installing the latest drivers appears to have resolved it so far.

CPU:JENEMBA

RAM:0.99GB

Video Card:Intel®82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

- Driver Version or Date:10/14/05

Sound Card:SigmaTel Audio

-Driver Version or Date:2/10/06

i think i got this stuff right, im not a computer guiness, i just found out how to defrag a comp. lol :D

i think i got this stuff right, im not a computer guiness, i just found out how to defrag a comp. lol :D

There is a newer video driver available on Intel's web site, at this link. You will want the first file in that list.

I am wondering if you are running out of memory on that computer. Both your video and sound cards are built into the motherboard and are using part of your 1GB of RAM. With WWIIOL running, you won't have much free memory left if the memory requirements temporarily go up. If updating the video driver doesn't help, you might want to consider buying a stand-alone video card. There are lots of people here who can give you good advice on what to buy if you tell them how much your budget is.

CPU: AMD 64, 3200

RAM:2.0GB

Video Card: 2 x Geforce 6600GT (SLI)

- Driver Version or Date:16/05/2008

I currently get timed outbefore I get to army selection page.

I also can't find the error file in the CRS folder.

Well theres your problem. 1 gig of ram and onboard graphics.

CPU: AMD 64, 3200

RAM:2.0GB

Video Card: 2 x Geforce 6600GT (SLI)

- Driver Version or Date:16/05/2008

16/05/2008 = May, that's the one Bloo said he was having the problem with. Please try upgrading:

http://www.nvidia.com/

I currently get timed outbefore I get to army selection page.

I also can't find the error file in the CRS folder.

Ok, if you are able to launch the game but timeout on the loading screen, chances are either:

a/ You are using a wireless connection with a very low signal strength or quality; adjusting the antennae, repositioning it or moving it may boost the strength and reduce packet loss.

b/ Your anti-virus or anti-spyware software needs to be told not to block WWII Online,

c/ You have a system infected with the "Antivirus 2009"; Download the "Malicious Software Removal Tool" from http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx

You got it it right. Unfortunately, your drivers are ancient. Since you should check your manufacturer if you got it from a company like Dell or Gateway. Otherwise, the latest intel drivers are here (and they're still old - 2007, just not as old as what you currently have).

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=1764&DwnldID=12536&strOSs=45&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Home%20Edition〈=eng

But on-board, or "integrated", video means you can't upgrade the video and will eventually be locked out by your hardware.

For the audio drivers, SigmaTel doesn't support them directly. You have to go through your manufacturer/vendor. I couldn't find more recent drivers in a quick search.

i went to the link and downloaded but when i tryed to install it said that it didint match my type of computer or something, and when i went to the nividia site i cant even download cuz i dont have there type of hardwares. heellp?:confused:

I'm still having major issues with the connectivity of the game. I do run off a wireless modem, but that cannot be it as I have used this modem for the last 6 months, and had no trouble 2 weeks ago for many months. Nothing else has changed on my computer. I was getting CTDs before driver update and after driver update.

Anymore ideas? Is there problems at CRS's end?

i just found out that my manafacturere dosent have any up-to-date video cards or sound cards, i also need more RAM tos top theses ctds, i hope, please heeeelp!

your video chipset isnt supported. you need a ACTUAL video card.

not to sound mean or anything.

*shakes dice*

Is it a Dell Demsion 3000?

I'm still getting very frequent crashes..... running out of ideas and game is getting too unreliable...

yea thats what i was thinking i cant seem to find anything that can support my chipset, so im saving for a new dell computer, and one for me,and me only with with only games, ima get a computer with great memory for games only,btw what do games require the most from comps?:)

Conesq try this sorry cannot give you a link but maybe you still have the disks for video cards. Uninstall the video drivers completely reboot your computer you will find that the screen size has changed. Then install the old drivers from the disks for them. Some of Nvideas patches and new drivers totally sucked for in game issues such as CTD and also with stutters. Most of the old ones work quite effectively.

Also after you have completed that process I highly recommend that you totally defrag you computer. This should a line everything to work more effeciently.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0