Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

"Steel Horse" Feed Back thread ..........

6 posts in this topic

heres where to post any feed back you'd like to give about the Steel Horse AFV scenario.

Cheers all \~/

Well I am guilty of being late, but as happened to toro, my GMT+1 being +7 and not the usual +6 and so on confussed me :-)

At my point of view, i was a lonely and poor opel with few chances of having any tank to resuply (they dye so fast...) so i become a infantery mover.

I must say that the distances were too long. Maybe at first stages of the event it can be realist or interest to make long move to action, set waypoints, be carefull and have fun with the fog of war.

But once the action broke on town, to spend 16 min drivin infantery to town from so far away was not satisfactory or inmersive. Tanks also need to move from very far away, and as the most easy thing is to die miserablely, you keep traveling instead of fighting for vital depots or objetive points.

I undersntand that we are tied to game structure amd mechanism, but would be better to have a first preparation phase for teh event, where eaxh side must deploy, or get near, or surprise enemy, and once the action is started, the drop on the action should be much more faster.

I think that event could also go much better with more people, but we were also low on both sides. Great holiday season! :-)

I nevertheless have fun driving my opelito, avoiding the enemy armour and with the unknow situation at town, where we could keep it thanks to a one lonely rifle who survived to the enemy attacks :-)

Good plan Jammyman and well planned. S!

Well I am guilty of being late, but as happened to toro, my GMT+1 being +7 and not the usual +6 and so on confussed me :-)

At my point of view, i was a lonely and poor opel with few chances of having any tank to resuply (they dye so fast...) so i become a infantery mover.

I must say that the distances were too long. Maybe at first stages of the event it can be realist or interest to make long move to action, set waypoints, be carefull and have fun with the fog of war.

But once the action broke on town, to spend 16 min drivin infantery to town from so far away was not satisfactory or inmersive. Tanks also need to move from very far away, and as the most easy thing is to die miserablely, you keep traveling instead of fighting for vital depots or objetive points.

I undersntand that we are tied to game structure amd mechanism, but would be better to have a first preparation phase for teh event, where eaxh side must deploy, or get near, or surprise enemy, and once the action is started, the drop on the action should be much more faster.

I think that event could also go much better with more people, but we were also low on both sides. Great holiday season! :-)

I nevertheless have fun driving my opelito, avoiding the enemy armour and with the unknow situation at town, where we could keep it thanks to a one lonely rifle who survived to the enemy attacks :-)

Good plan Jammyman and well planned. S!

thats why its the "realism event" lol its going to take a long time, but i was in a churchill, drove from our town, to the target town, then drove all the way to axis town. took me 1 hour and 30 minutes lol

was a great event, i enjoyed it, but didnt get any kills =/ couldnt find anyone in that wide spread of land.

Yes, it was fun and a good plan for an armor event. I am not very skilled at armor so volunteered to drive a truck as infantry mover/resup. Well I spawned in , picked up a rifleman, and tore off as fast as I could towards the town. I quickly outpaced the armor and made it to within a few hundred meters of the town when a berm jumped out in front of me! I managed to keep upright, but the bump threw my passenger to his death... I felt like an idiot! We would have had a capper in town quickly had this berm not been so sneaky, and abviously placed there by Axis spies!

The rest of my time I resupplied two tanks and made another run into town with two infantry. I came screaming into town from the SE side right past a Stug and 4G, skidded to a halt and dropped off the infantry right at the S depot before I was shot to pieces!

As the timer was down to about 20 minutes left, I spawned in a Panny and tore off towards town, and was wtfpwnd about 500m from town, bearing in at full speed, first shot and my driver was dead!

Was about there for 30 min, then I fell from the church and then CTD but during the time I found an ei upstairs and he heard me speaking so he waited for me to come upstairs and I waited for him to come downstairs, he threw grenades downstairs hopin to kill me and one of his grenades landed next to him and killed him.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0