Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sutt249

Config 4 1.19 doesn't work

31 posts in this topic

It all looks fine until u try and press ok when nothing happens so what u put in isn't saved.

Is anyone else getting this?

I just found out that the playgate app isn't working aswell. It wont let me log into the game or chage my prefs.

If that happens click the reinstall playgate installer in the playnet folder. Make sure ya launched offline first before going on the live game.

Yes, config. program for me is not working. Can not selction resolution - all blank, quick setting are all gray, not working apparently.

Config file is porked. Can't change or set anything, "quick settings" are greyed out, no longer can see my joystick -- can't configure it or add a new one. My orginal settings are lost, it seems to be in some sort of default state now.

I'm having the same problems. I downloaded the 1.19 update, went offline for a while and everything was working. Tried my settings and they were all blank and can't get on the server.

If that happens click the reinstall playgate installer in the playnet folder. Make sure ya launched offline first before going on the live game.

Still can't get on the server ... playnet just stalls.

Installed patch,

Launched in Offline mode.

Spawned and despawned in Offline mode.

Quit offline and launched in online mode.

Playgate launches but nothing happens.

Opened Configuration, it didn't update, many sections are blank. No JS.

Reinstalled Playnet Plug In

Launched in Offline mode, spawned and despawned.

Launched in Online mode.

Playgate launches, but WWIIOL doesn't.

OS 10.3.9

G4 1.25 Dual

1.75MB RAM

Mine works just fine on a 1ghz emac 10.3.9 OS.

I DLed the playnet file via the FTP site (which DLs to the root HD directory no matter where you tell it to go) and moved it into the Playnet folder and was able to get into the game. But, since the config file can't be changed, my FPS are now 2-5 max ... before patch they were 10-20 (low but playable).

I'm playing the game now and writing this post (alt-tabed heheh). I'd post

this in the top beyone blitzkrieg forums. This is a pretty serious issue... Suprised no one has posted there yet about this.

Config doesn't work, PlayGate doesn't work, as described above. I did *not* download and run any Betas.

Waitin' on CRS : )

Dual 2Ghz G5

1 GB RAM

I had the same problem. Here's how I solved it.

I removed the "Playnet" folder from my "Applications" folder and put it on my desktop. Then I downloaded the full installer (via bittorrent) and re-installed. Works fine now. Seems to me like the patch did something wonky to the config program and , in my case, the playnet app also. Hope this helps! S!

You might also just trash the prefs file then rerun config.

/Users/awulf/Library/Preferences/ww2ol/

I've had to do that many times during beta when switching back and forth from 118 to 119.

Likewise --- Hayduke's solution worked fine. Replacing the preferences file alone was not enough. I rertrieved my cfml folder from the old prefs which had my keymappings and put it in the new preferences folder, and it worked fine as well.

Rick told me the @#$@#$# (that's a quote) VISE installer doesn't correctly update the config app. Totally deleting and doing a full install works since the update facility in VISE doesn't seem to handle a Cocoa app like Config (which was written by Shawnce).

From now they will resort to forcing the installer to physically delete config and reinstall rather that update (which is what VISE is suppose to do).

We're looking at the patcer but for now we've removed it from the downloads and set it up to give everyone the full installer.

Sorry gentlemen for the troubles, it didn't come out in testing so I'm not really sure what the deal is.

For now if you are having problems you should trash your playnet folder and get the full installer.

And dont use your old prefs files they make it black screen still :?

Odd though as this is the exact problems i got in beta so the fault was there in both versions. :shock:

I'm using my old prefs onlly because I don't want to have to remap my joystick again.

I'm not getting the "Black Screen" thing I don't think. What black screen thing?

Is anyone else getting the plane engine noise problem?

I'm using my old prefs onlly because I don't want to have to remap my joystick again.

I'm not getting the "Black Screen" thing I don't think. What black screen thing?

Is anyone else getting the plane engine noise problem?

They've change the plane engine noises. If you go in a dive it starts reving up real high. Not a bug...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0