Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huzarowu

Trees fps problem

96 posts in this topic

Ok guys everything is good etc no CTD no system reboot for me.

When im flying i have decent number of fps from 40-60 i think its guite enough for me i've started to down EA.

Fine etc.

BUT, there is small problem at the ground everything is cool about 40fps average untill ill look at trees, those bunch of trees everywhere when im looking at trees i have 5fps. PLEASE PLEASE turn off something there which my radeon9550 cannot handle i cant affor for new CPU hardware.

In 1,18 my game works great never got less than 30fps in 1,19 was good, but now its unplayable most of the time, but im still playing but u know killing anything with 5fps is pretty hard.

My system:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 11/15/2005, 22:02:11

Machine name: DIAVLO

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Dodatek Service Pack. 1 (2600.xpsp2.050301-1526)

Language: Polish (Regional Setting: Polish)

System Manufacturer: NVIDIA

System Model: AWRDACPI

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon XP, ~2.1GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 236MB used, 2225MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: The registry information for the DirectPlay application 'Panzer General 3' is missing or damaged. You should reinstall that application.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: RADEON 9550 (Omega 2.6.75a)

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. (Omega 2.6.75a)

Chip type: ATI RADEON 9550 AGP (0x4153)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4153&SUBSYS_92561462&REV_00

Display Memory: 128.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (75Hz)

Monitor: Monitor Plug and Play

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6575 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/14/2005 05:11:22, 241664 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/d

Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys

Mini VDD Date: 10/14/2005 05:11:07, 1350144 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-0213-11CF-7D6E-5CB2A1C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x4153

SubSys ID: 0x92561462

Revision ID: 0x0000

Revision ID: 0x0000

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: SB Live! Audio [A000]

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_00201102&REV_05

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys

Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0252 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

Date and Size: 7/19/2002 09:47:52, 837548 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Creative

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0x0

Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: Yes

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

trees are now on a fixed LOD

that could be giving you troubles

i know martini was working on some fps boosting stuff

nothing finished yet though, still tweaking and testing

This is probably the result of the trees as merlin says. To be honest the fill rate on teh 9550 is pretty low and with the tree textures locked, that's probably the cause.

We're gonna keep working on those trees.

In defense of people with higher end cards, the same stuff happens. Great when flying, good when on the ground. Look at trees. UGH! And when in highly populated areas with trees...horrible. 3 people in my squad quit this game because of it.

That's very strange. I use a 6600GT, great card but nothing stellar, and I get zero effect to fps from trees. Talking to the coders about it in the morning.

That's very strange. I use a 6600GT' date=' great card but nothing stellar, and I get zero effect to fps from trees. Talking to the coders about it in the morning.[/quote']I run a 6600GT

same thing here. i took maybe a 10fps hit on that computer nothing big i can still reg a solid 60fps..

Need those sliders back though...

even a checkbox to get the 2d trees back... something tells me that a shat load of work though.

Ti4200 and FPS uis fine unless I look at the tall pine tree trees, then it drops through the floor. Other trees at close range reduce FPS, but not nearly as much.

I am not sure if it is the trees, but my fps is in the dirt with a 9250 with 256mb. I have an AMD 64 3700+ and 1gb with 200mb hard drive. I am only getting 10-20 fps and 7-10 in towns..

Dunny33 that is very interesting. I notice stutter (FPS drops to 1 and even 0 ) while driving along in an opel. It happens in particular areas, randomly at the texture seams, (where one terrain overlay meets with another) and almost 99.9% of the time where you get to a junction of 4 overlays (IE where you get to where you can see 4 terrain tiles intersecting). I know of one near Haybes, when you leave the Gedinne FB and head nw accross the road to flank to the NE of Haybes. As to drive along the valley bottom of the 2 intersecting hills just as get to where you start going down hill, 4 tiles intersect. Before I get 100 meters from it the stutter starts and 100 meters after it stops. I have put up with these stutters because they dont come into play often enough to worry about in a ground unit. In a plane however the stutter happens more frequently. Mostly because you can cover more area and possibly pass over intersections more often. This area may be worth looking into I don't know.

Trees do have most affect when you look through binocs for me but the drop in FPS is in no way as serious as the intersection of terrain overlays.

Another thing for Gophur, perhaps we should do more testing with the lower end equipment so that we can see what the playerbase sees. Not everyone has the luxury of the high end stuff out there. I had no choice but to use 56k where I live until recently. I enjoy the fact that I can have the high end stuff but could only play on 56k that held me back some I'll tell ya :) But I feel for those playrs that are not quite at a point in life where they can afford upgrades for each new upgrade to the game just to stay playing. Since 2001 I have substantial investment just to play this game upgrading equipment at almost every major patch. Most players don't have the bankrole to take care of these changes. Undoubtably we have lost a lot of players to that alone.

Anyway my 2 cents, and I hope you find something from what I mentioned in this post.

I too suffer 50%+ drop in FPS looking at trees. I have a crappy Intel 82855 card tho so it's not surprising.

The bigger problem for me is that post-1.20 and the two updates (seems to have fixed de-spawn CTD bless their little cotton socks), I get these intensely annoying tree branch outlines through everything. Where ever there is a tree in the direction I am facing I see its outline, through any type of building and even through other trees (I get the cumulative effect of every tree in a long line for instance).

I have attached a small screen shot.

I have experienced the same thing with trees and grass(the one with the yellow flower). I'm not completely sure of this but my guess is the huge fps drop is caused my its animation. At a distance when grass and tree sway is not noticeable my fps is fine. But as soon as im close or use my rifle "zoom" the motion is more apparent and drops my fps by at least 10 frames. Perhaps CRS would care to test if fps drop is caused by the movement of the grass and trees. How about just turning it off?

I have an old 5500fx 256 i get issues with trees using binos and veh gun sights , fps drops 10 - 20 when using above and looking at tree areas - 30 -40 otherwise

Thanks for getting intrested i hope it will be fixed soon.

Ill add that my 2 Friends also have drastical fps drop at trees.

One of them has also radeon 9550 but second one is using Nvidia card but dont know exactly which one.

That's very strange. I use a 6600GT' date=' great card but nothing stellar, and I get zero effect to fps from trees. Talking to the coders about it in the morning.[/quote']

Funny gophur people in our squad have the same card and get the same results with crappy FPS looking at the pine trees.

Thanks for getting intrested i hope it will be fixed soon.

Ill add that my 2 Friends also have drastical fps drop at trees.

One of them has also radeon 9550 but second one is using Nvidia card but dont know exactly which one.

the 2nd one is me i suppouse i have Gf FX 5600XT running :) , i was thinking of change it asus 6800GT, but as i see it will not help a lot, so i gave up the idea. As it seems its a waste of $ atm.

btw there was a topic about that bad fps rate 5-6 days ago but its gone due to forum clean i think.

Hope that this fps will get fixed soon!

S!

Don't get us wrong RATS, the trees look wonderful. You guys have done a great job since 2001. The big problem for most is they don't want to spend another $139 to $289 for a 6600GT(newegg.com) so they can play the game and maybe...maybe, get decent FPS looking at pine trees. Most since 2001 have done major upgrades twice to their systems since the game came out plus pay monthly. You guys are helping the computer hardware industry tremendously LOL. To me thats prolly around $3000 playing a video game. [...wonders how many wives will read this thread and divorce their husbands].

So do us all a favor and dump some of those polygons on the pine trees. It will relieve alot of frustration from alot of people. After all its only a tree.

I have a P4 2.8, 1GB RAM, GF6600GT 128 and after the last two patchs my FPS droped to 3-8 at best, i tried reinstalling the game and the latest video card drivers.

tryed to lower the sound option and acceleration tryed to drop and res and still nothing happens i get no more then 10 FPS...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0