Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huzarowu

Trees fps problem

96 posts in this topic

I have a 3.2 barton AMD

5900 128

1.0 gig ram

I get 20-60 FPS, when I look at trees I dont really notice any drastic drop unless Looking through binos or opeling near trees. But not terrible drop maybe to 10-15 then I look away and it immediately jumps to 30+.

I have a 3.2 barton AMD

5900 128

1.0 gig ram

I get 20-60 FPS, when I look at trees I dont really notice any drastic drop unless Looking through binos or opeling near trees. But not terrible drop maybe to 10-15 then I look away and it immediately jumps to 30+.

i also have a 3200 XP barton and 2x 512 dual (400) ram , 5600XT 128 and i have 3-9 fps when im inside woods or looking on trees ...

FPS hits high end cards as well...I have an x850XT PE w/256mb. Use video memory and take and average 15-20 fps hit looking at trees in Binos.

Of course that means i am only getting 45-50 fps...but the hit is still there :)

I've got a 6600GT 256mb and have not noticed any problem at all with FPS drop. Occasional stutter, but nothing that causes me any great shakes (like once every 20 minutes if ever in a days playing).

ATI people

Go into your Catalyst control panel and do the follow:

Your 3D settings -> Standard settings uncheck the box slide the bar all the way left to performance, check the box -> Anti-aliasing same thing -> Anisotropic filtering same thing -> Mipmap detail same thing

Apply, log in.

Even if it's set to 'allow application to choose settings' it defaults to the settings in the control panel.

Looks like it may be related to your video memory on your cards some of you posted your cards but forgot to mention your memory on those cards.

I only really seem to have the fps drop, relating to the trees and new grass, near towns when the battle is quite large, and it only seems to come into effect when i zoom in, binos, zoomed in driver mode etc...

Sometimes i have seen it drop to 8fps, i think the gfx code could do with another optimising run, as the last two patches have caused problems with ppl, and yet not affect others, in general i still run at 60fps.

Since this is happening to ppl with good systems too, im inclined to believe that a memory leak is being triggered and/or the server becomes a bit loaded and causes some people issues?

7800gt

Venice 3000+ @ 2.61GHz

2GB DDR

I get slaughtered by those trees. Nothing seems to help settings wise. I can run 8x anti-aliasing and 8x anisotropic with no problems at 60fps except for some, not all, speedtree objects. Certain speedtree objects just butcher the fps and make the game unplayable. it is very frustrating cause you never know when you'll see one and yoiu can't tell them apart. You'll be tracking a jogging EI as he sprints to a treeline and get 50-70fps and all of a sudden spike down to the 20fps range then back up to 50-70 then back down, on and on. It makes it very tough to shoot ei when they go in their bullet time lag warp routine.

Im sure graphics were very acceptable for most of us before this patch and we were able to play without a glitch....

I think most people want a playable game. I'd rather have that then the scenery. If I want scenery I'll go take a weekend drive.

BUMP. CRS dont forget about this problem we really count on you.

I know that u know that i wont unsub even if i had 2fps but do it to keep game playable to many of us.

Gophur,

I've been with this game from the start and I make this suggestion with all due respect.

There is something being missed in the beta testing of new version releases if these types of performance issues are not being identified. I would suggest that your beta coordinators specifically recruit testers that have a cross section of popular NVidia and ATI video cards.

You seemed surprised that many of us are experiencing FPS problems because your 6600GT card runs the game well. However, it goes without saying that we are not all running the same card. Your developers should be testing their graphic rendering routines on a good cross section of video cards, not just the cards installed in their computers at the time.

Where is the test reports from beta testers using slightly older cards? What was their average FPS on the ground and in the air? How about when they looked at trees? If the trees were made a part of the fixed LOD, then why no check box to allow that to be turned off!

I think it would unreasonable for the player community to believe it will never have to upgrade to stay in pace with new developments in the game. However, we count on you guys to help protect our investment to some extent as well. I didn't see a major graphics engine update from 1.18 - 1.20. I'm having a hard time justifying upgrading a video card that was top of the line one year ago.

As far as I'm concerned, fixing this problem should be priority-1 for the next patch. No other eye candy or features matter, when a good portion of the community is suffering in performance like we are.

Best regards and best intentions,

Twig

Nvidia FX5500 peak version wit 256MB i lag like a person skiing up hill when looking at those trees!

I would much perfer seeing the slider controls again which could help out very well!

Then again i wish there was a option to use either 3D trees or 2D trees with 3d effect!(if you understand)

Its great that a member of CRS is looking at this post!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0