Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyer13

Vista issues (?)

5 posts in this topic

Where, if any , are the "issues" listed?

Mine just logs in and drops connection ... no error... just goes to black and is gone.

When using Vista, make sure that you are logged in as an administrator, or that you are running the game EXE files as an admin (right-click the EXE files and select "Run as an administrator").

Also, make sure that your drivers are all up to date. Outdated sound drivers, especially for on-board sound devices, can cause problems for WWIIOL.

My only "issue" was MAJOR framerate loss and lag. I had a long thread on here about it a month or so ago. Basically, absolutely everything was updated and running fine. But I was only getting 9 - 15 FPS in battle and in the high 30s to low 40s in the middle of nowhere.

I then installed XP on the same computer so that I could dual boot into either OS at startup. With the same exact setup but in XP instead of Vista I was getting 50 - 60 FPS in heavy battle and well in excess of 200 in the open fields.

Never did figure out why. New computer, great video card, plenty of memory. I guess Vista just didn't seem to like it for me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0