• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eic3335

"lost connection to host" OVER AND OVER AND OVER again!!!

21 posts in this topic

You running any firewall Programs? or playing the game over wireless??

MS onelivecare firewall program in the past has given me this problem.

You running any firewall Programs? or playing the game over wireless??

MS onelivecare firewall program in the past has given me this problem.

I just turned off my firewall see if that will help, and i use verizonwirless pc card..

Same problem. Read the above sticky and tried recommended changes. Still have the same problem. I CTHL'd 5 times within 15 min. Never had this problem with my old thrown together rig. Just started after paying $1400 for a new Dell.

Try this....

Go to Start button, click on "RUN" type "CMD" then hit enter.

Type "tracert www.playnet.com" hit enter....

Should ping a trace to 12 levels. If you show any pings which take longer than 300ms your connection is too slow to play.

I'm having the same problem with an Alltel Kyocera 650 EVDO card. Still waiting on DSL :P

Try this....

Should ping a trace to 12 levels. If you show any pings which take longer than 300ms your connection is too slow to play.

I'm having the same problem with an Alltel Kyocera 650 EVDO card. Still waiting on DSL :P

im on broadband and it was all 500-1200 ping...

wtf why is it doing that?

I play SWG and age of conan, and it never goes up above 200 ping and 0 packet loss, occasional spikes, but usually its around 100-140 ping...

Is there ANY reason for my ping to be staying at 1000, that i can fix it?

Try this....

Ok I got cable but got "Request timed out". What does that mean?

UPDATE: Fixed the problem by rebooting my router lol. Apparently the last power outage messed up my settings or something.

I play SWG and age of conan, and it never goes up above 200 ping and 0 packet loss, occasional spikes, but usually its around 100-140 ping...

Is there ANY reason for my ping to be staying at 1000, that i can fix it?

There is a setting where you can switch between network connections in BE. Switch to one of the others. Appearantly you are taking the long road atm.

I just turned off my firewall see if that will help' date=' and I use verizon wireless pc card..[/quote']

If you're still getting 1000 ping, you might try using a wired cat5 connection and see if that helps. If the problem goes away, I'm guessing you have some wireless interference issues.

There is a setting where you can switch between network connections in BE. Switch to one of the others. Appearantly you are taking the long road atm.

How do I switch the connection or w/e?

In the offline settings program (Start > Programs > Cornered Rat Software > Battleground Europe > Settings), change Connection from "Use best" to "Use primary" or "Use secondary". You should try both to see which works best for you.

In the offline settings program (Start > Programs > Cornered Rat Software > Battleground Europe > Settings)' date=' change Connection from "Use best" to "Use primary" or "Use secondary". You should try both to see which works best for you.[/quote']

Ok thanks!!

Ok I tried that...

was working fine for about 15mins...

150-250 ping

0-200% packet loss...

then all of a sudden it spiked to..

2000-30,000 (200) ms

and 1500%+ packet loss

I don't get why it's doing this, this game worked fine when I was on satelite...

now im on Verizon Wireless, PC card, Broadband national access...

Try hardwiring with some ethernet cable. That' date=' and do the QoS trick, that fixed it for me.[/quote']

i did the qos thing, how do i do the ethernet thing?

i did the qos thing' date=' how do i do the ethernet thing?[/quote']

Run some category 5 cable (cat5) from your computer to your router instead of using the wireless..

Huh? Excuse me? You can play this game on Satelite?!

I live in the boonies and I'm on dialup, but I would LOVE to switch to sat if it would work. I thought latency issues were a problem on sat.

I don't get why it's doing this, this game worked fine when I was on satelite...

Huh? Excuse me? You can play this game on Satelite?!

I live in the boonies and I'm on dialup, but I would LOVE to switch to sat if it would work. I thought latency issues were a problem on sat.

I was fine with this game on satelite.

But the verizon PC cards are WAY better, it's national access.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0