Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malize

Feb 14th: Schloss Thorn, historical infantry/armor event (Rescheduled)

53 posts in this topic

Schloss Thorn Scenario

schlossthornkg9.jpg

Setting/Background:

"The US 94th Infantry Division had previously been employed in blockading the remaining German garrisons on the Atlantic coast of Britanny, so its first real combat experience came when it began deploying in front of the Orscholz Switch of the Siegfried Line [in January of 1945.] The Switch…protected the base of the triangle formed by the Saar and Moselle Rivers and terminated on its western end at Schloss Thorn…"

"…the 256th Volksgrenadier Infantry Division, and it's Regiment 481…[were] pulled out of the northern Vosages Mountains [and redeployed to] the village of Kreuzweiler near Schloss Thorn."

- "The Last Defender of Schloss Thorn" from With our Backs to Berlin, Tony Le Tissier (pp. 5-7)

thorn1gy7.jpg

"SCHLOSS THORN, the oldest wine-growing estate in the “Moselle” region, is situated 20km east of Luxemburg-city, on the opposite bank to the village of Remich of the Mosel river.

The origin of SCHLOSS THORN goes back to the Romans, who - around 2,000 years ago - built a tower wherefrom they observed and protected a nearby river-crossing. This tower, latin word: “turris", gave the name to the castle. In accordance with the requirements of the last two millennia the site was extended, rebuilt and renovated so that today one can read architectural styles from the Middle Ages through the Renaissance and the Baroque to the Empire in the buildings of the palace complex.

In this part of the Moselle region, the Romans started their vineyard on the river. Following more than two thousand years of lasting tradition, the wine varieties Riesling, red and white Elbling and Pinot Meunier (Black Riesling) are grown in the castle vineyards which are family-owned since 1534 like the castle."

http://www.schloss-thorn.com/pages-eng/rahmen.html

February, 1945

On the 19th the US Army crossed the Moselle at Remich in strength, pushing to the east across the base of the Orscholz Switch.

That night elements of 376th Regiment, 94th US Infantry and Combat Command A of the 10th Armor Division prepared to push the north side of the American saliant at dawns light, moving surreptitiously in the darkness on the ruins of Schloss Thorn via a dry creek bed.

The Schloss Thorn area was being held by elements of the 481st Regiment, 256th Volksgrenadier Division with assistance from 111st Panzer Grenadier Regiment, 11th Panzer Division.

The morning of the 20th the Americans sudden appearance in force overwhelmed Schloss Thorn after a short, sharp fight.

Scenario Rules/Conditions:

General Map Location: Remich

Origin Points:

Allied- Merzig; Merzig-Remich FB; MSP/Merzig Depot in Remich

Axis- Remich EAB; MSP at "Kreutzweiler" Map Coordinates 49.33.30/6.24

Note: An Alternate Axis vehicle spawn point may be provided.

Note: Remich is Axis owned, however Axis will only have EAB in possession.

House Rules:

1) No Flag Capture

2) After Scenario Start only 1:1 Truck to Towed allowed.

3) Two MSP Safe Areas are specified (one for each side, UMS in these areas cannot be fired upon) - any other MSP/UMS placed or truck moving outside these clearly defined areas is fair game.

4) The general playfield is restricted, please consult map at bottom of this post for Axis/Allied movement restrictions.

5) Scenario Duration is 2 Hours.

6) No spawning items outside those on the list, numbers will be tracked as closely as possible and new spawning of avatars declared "gone" will be final...multiple spawning will be allowed for absent players/unassigned avatars.

7) Violators of the house rules will face the usual Realism Event sanctions.

Objectives:

Allies - Remove the Axis from Schloss Thorn (Remich EAB)

Axis - Don't let the Allies succeed in their objective.

Victory Point Scoring:

Allies posses Schloss Thorn (Remich EAB) = +200 VP

Axis Avatars Destroyed = +1 VP per

Axis posses Schloss Thorn (Remich EAB) = -200 VP from Allies

Allied Avatars Destroyed = -1 VP per

> 246 Allied Decisive Victory

> 0 Allied Victory

< 0 Axis Victory

< 246 Axis Decisive Victory

Allied Spawn List:

127 UK Rifle

26 UK SMG

10 UK LMG

8 UK Mortar

2 UK Sniper

11 Bedford

3 FR 57mm

17 FR M3A3

6 FR M4A3

Axis Spawn List:

57 GE Rifle

47 GE SMG

55 GE LMG

8 GE Mortar

6 GE Sniper

11 Opel

11 Pak40

3 PzIVG

3 StugIII

3 88mm

3 Sdkfz7

3 Sdkfz251c

schlossthorn2tq3.jpg

Allied Side

Side CO (376th III, HQ Def Company):

Side XO (376th III, Reconnaissance Troop):

Side XXO (CCA, 10th Armor):

127 UK Rifle - Zweihund

26 UK SMG - Jake222

10 UK LMG

8 UK Mortar

2 UK Sniper - Poker

11 Bedford

3 FR 57mm - ash, imded

17 FR M3A3

6 FR M4A3 - khbigjoe, string58

Axis Side

Side CO (481st III, 256th VG XX):

Side XO (111th PzGr, 11th Panzer XX):

Side XXO (33rd Pz III, 11th Panzer XX):

57 GE Rifle - Pzrjager, Denizzz

47 GE SMG - Matt6767

55 GE LMG - Borokiva, ejenryb, ratcliff

8 GE Mortar

6 GE Sniper

11 Opel

11 Pak40 - Flynhobo

3 PzIVG - Colt1945

3 StugIII - bubi

3 88mm

3 Sdkfz7

3 Sdkfz251c

What's the start time on Nov 1st?

That's a perfectly reasonable question...hmmm...

Seems like a good time that works world wide is 11:00 Pacific, which is 18:00 Zulu (GMT)

So I have a question about resupply. Allies only have bedfords, which will not resupply the French units. Is this a constraint or an oversight?

So I have a question about resupply. Allies only have bedfords' date=' which will not resupply the French units. Is this a constraint or an oversight?[/quote']

Hmmm...probably an oversight :)

We'll have to split the Bedfords and Laffys.

Sign me up :D Just let me know when on Nov. 1 and remind me cuase I forget over long periods of time -_-... I guess give me whatever you feel like, no prefrence. Except for ATR no ATR plz.

Sign me up :D Just let me know when on Nov. 1 and remind me cuase I forget over long periods of time -_-... I guess give me whatever you feel like' date=' no prefrence. Except for ATR no ATR plz.[/quote']

Which side? :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0