• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jafa

graphics problem

11 posts in this topic

Hey, I have a graphics problem and could use some help...

I have an hp dv5t laptop with 3gb ram, windows vista ultimate 64-bit, and a 512mb nvidia geforce 9600gt graphics card. As far as I know my drives are up to date. My hp updater searches for updates periodically.

I haven't played in 5ish months and this game workded decently well on my old business laptop so it should work on this one which is more gaming oriented....

The problem is kinda hard to describe so I'll post some pictures too. I guess I'd call it motion blur, though it doesn't look good when standing still either. When I move the sky/trees mostly get spread out, as if thinned by a knife. They multiply...it's weird. Then they stay like that while standing still too. Here are some pictures. Please advise how to fix it. If I have to get rid of vista or anything like that to fix the problem though I won't be doing it...

Thanks!

wwiio3.jpg

wwiio2.jpg

wwiio1.jpg

My first thought is to suspect the video driver. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling from a fresh download.

Another possibility is overheating. Is your computer well ventiilated? Make sure the laptop is on a firm surface, not a soft surface such as a cushion or your lap.

It's not overheating. I had just started playing and I use a laptop cooler. I can move around fine...it's just the image that is messed up.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling gfx drivers like you said...

Windows update and hp update didn't find any new drivers. I reinstalled the drivers using the recovery manager and it didn't work. The game still looks like it does in the screen shots. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

For some reason the sky in the background doesn't seem to be refreshing. I suspect drivers too.

Uninstall the drivers completely then boot in safe mode and use a program called Driver Cleaner Pro (free download) to completely remove the nVidia drivers.

Then download the latest drivers from the net and install those. Check nVidias website for the latest.

I have the same issues.

I also noticed that proper clouds started appearing, big grey proper clouds (not the cornflake stuff you normally get).

You can see them in the shots above.

Wheel.

I as well have the same problem.

I messed with a bunch of settings and now it only happens when inside a building or looking through binocs

1] try setting a higher monitor refresh rate, force it as high as possible, around 75hertz would be good.

2] set your video card to performance over quality.

3] If your playing on a laptop plug in a external monitor, preferably a CRT type monitor and test the game again, if this works it means your laptop monitor cannot support the refresh rates needed by the game.

4] set memory/cpus in system performance to devote itself to programs running on top instead of background services and cache

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0