Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eightbit

High fps problem

11 posts in this topic

I'm having a strange issue with high fps. The higher it is 170-250+ the game really gets strange. My pistol will do its animations and not fire unless I spam the button really fast. The game kind of clunks when I turn.

I have tried "no frame run ahead" on and off and using Vsync does solve the problem. However with an lcd and a 60fps cap, It doesn't give me a lot of overhead for when things pick up. I was wondering if their is a better solution to this.

I run everything max/max at 1280x1024 (older lcd) with 2x aa.

8800gt

e6600 @ 3.2

2gig of ram

windows xp

I have the same problem. At Beauvais or some such where there's pretty much nothing to render I reached around 300 fps. It was almost impossible to turn around...

Turning on vsync "solves" it...

Sorry, the only solution is to nerf your computers.

Seriously though, I've never heard of this problem before. I'll bring this to the attention of some of the Rats, maybe they can provide some input.

I got a response from one of the Rats on this. The game was never designed for FPS levels that high, so weird things will occasionally happen at more than 150FPS. His suggestion was to turn vsync on, which you guys have already tried and found to have worked.

At some point, CRS might look into fixing this, but I wouldn't expect this to happen any time soon (and that's a CRS "soon").

yeah who would have thought someone would actually listen and by rammmm ;)

go back to a 8600gs vid card and that will fix ur prob lol

I've had the same problem as well. It was only ever an issue at extremely high FPS but I'd have the pistol that wouldn't fire or the stuttering when trying to rurn, etc. It's like it was going too fast for its own good.

Haven't had this problem myself but I never go over 120fps and that's only when flying too.

Ramp your AA up, it'll probably have less of an effect in combat then v-sync would so you should still get decent FPS then as well.

AA-8x, AF-16x is what I'd try. AA can go up to atleast 24x I think on the 8800GT. On ATi cards temporal anti-aliasing has an odd effect that drops your FPS to 10 or less when looking at the sun. There was a time when any AA on my 2900XT dropped the FPS down when looking at the sun. I used to constantly pick battles where I'd be facing away from the sun most of the time. A driver update fixed that one though, now it's just the temporal AA.

Just be careful what special AA settings you choose.

yeah sadly darg, I've already done that :P Infact first thing I did was max all settings, load on the aa and af. But thanks a lot for talking to the rats, and for everyone's suggestions. I'll just have to live with it for now.

I had something smilar after a new build a few years ago. If I ran and spun around real quick, I was locked into run mode. Solution was in the bios, increase keyboard delay a bit.

Check your nvidia driver settings in the advanced menus. Driver settings will override in game settings. If your driver is set to vertical sync always off it won't matter if you set it to on in your ww2 in game settings it still won't turn on.

Go to your nvidia settings and force vertical sync on all the time not based on application. This should drop you to a max in fps that matches your monitors refresh rate, probably 60 or 75. Your computer will stay locked at that number unless there's too much going on and it will drop down lower but it won't go above 60 or 75. If you have the vertical sync turned on but you're still going in the hundreds fps wise something is set wrong.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0