Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malize

Dec 6th : PEARL HARBOR

558 posts in this topic

After 45 minutes are up i'm so lighting my boilers and getting my *** out of there! Hah' date=' i'm glad i'm the nevada now :)[/quote']

Where are you going to go? Besides, with so many ships around, every angle of attack can be covered. On your own, in the narrow passages out of Antwerp, you will be an easier target to a flight of Stukas.

How about some Blen Ts throw in for the attacking side.

That's not our call.

Last I heard the Blen-T was not available due to some form of problem (IIRC)

Otherwise I'd be all over it.

Ok' date=' ya talked me into Malize, USS New Orleans please.[/quote']

Not sure if you need formal sign-up for crew, but I will be Grimklin's gunner.

S!

No chance to get some of those famous torpedo blens to spawn in? In the real Pearl Harbour it was about a third torpedo planes and two thirds dive/level bombers...

I second this.... the Blen T's would add an interesting angle of attack for the stationary ships..

If we can get Blen T's I'd sign up to fly one

I second this.... the Blen T's would add an interesting angle of attack for the stationary ships..

If we can get Blen T's I'd sign up to fly one

Hi Kilo,

While the ships are stationary, there is barely any room to get your torp in the water from a T-Blen in this area. It will also spell a death sentence to try it as you would have to get in mighty low and slow for an attempt.

Stupid question: what if we run outa ammo? We just sit there?

No I think they get resupplied since they sit in their own harbor.

Stupid question: what if we run outa ammo? We just sit there?

As a DD Captain you are not going to run out of 37mm ammo.

The ship carries 2,000 rounds.

I suggest you practice with that dual 37mm.....it is not the easist gun to master by a long shot.

Main problem being just getting the EA into your sights.

Until we see a Submarine....

After 45 minutes are up i'm so lighting my boilers and getting my *** out of there! Hah' date=' i'm glad i'm the nevada now :)[/quote']

As Jules mentioned.....you do not want to get underway......you have dang little room to move and it takes away one set of AA guns and that is presuming you are crewed.

Even then you would have to be doing full flank for your movement to have any affect and given the number of Stukas coming in I'd hazard it did you no good at all.

Considering the number of ships in your start postion I'd stay right there and help with the flak curtain. :)

Noon Central...this one is timed to start at close to the same time as the historical attack (one day removed)

So when the attack started IRL the Americas at church in middle America were shaking their pastor's hands and heading home...in Des Moines, Omaha, Kansas City, etc.

In San Francisco it was mid-morning...

In Washington City it was getting into the afternoon...

In London evening was coming on...another night of the blitz was at hand...

In Berlin, Hitler had promulgated the "Night and Fog" decree...

A half hour into the attack...the Giants and Dodgers begin their game in New York, unknown to them the war had started...the radio broadcast is interrupted during the game and is the first general announcement: Giants v. Dodgers, 12/7/41

3 minutes later, NBC interrupts University of Chicago Roundtable program (subject: Canada - neighbor at war)...NBC Red 2:29EST 12/7/41

NBC Blue interrupts "Great Plays" at the same time- NBC Blue

Thanks, and, your links don't work.

Malize, you made no provision for a Naval Commander for the Event.

Given I signed up first and I have a tad of experience I would like to Command.

How say you.?

As a DD Captain you are not going to run out of 37mm ammo.

The ship carries 2,000 rounds.

I suggest you practice with that dual 37mm.....it is not the easist gun to master by a long shot.

Main problem being just getting the EA into your sights.

If I'm not trying to avoid being seen I do the lazy way, I'll start firing from external (no sight) view and once the tracers are in the general direction of the plane then I go into gunsight.

I'll love to see the naval organization required to park all these ships in such a tight area.

...................I'll love to see the naval organization required to park all these ships in such a tight area.

I will provide that organization Stu.

You might be a bit surprised but it is not my habit to spill beans where the enemy can read.

Figured Id post it here' date=' sign me up as a lolstukalol[/quote']

I never saw this post... CRAP! HE'S GOING TO BOMB ME AND ME ONLY!

Malize, you made no provision for a Naval Commander for the Event.

Given I signed up first and I have a tad of experience I would like to Command.

How say you.?

If that floats your boat, sure. Updated accordingly for all volunteers.

If that floats your boat' date=' sure.[/quote']

Thank you. :)

Now I'm not so sure it floats my boat given I could have swore I saw a bullseye painted on it the other day.

But it might keep a few other boats afloat.

I never saw this post... CRAP! HE'S GOING TO BOMB ME AND ME ONLY!

Get on channel 30 in-game and find a good Crew gunner. Don't be bashful....just plain ask people who have experience gunning the DD to help you in the Pearl Harbour Event.

You're right about one thing though. You are isolated somewhat.

Tell you what. I'll try to position your ship such that if Zehive misses, or even if he doesn't, that there will be a high probability that he dies on the exit.

That doesn't mean you can be in a different location then where you are.....I'm talking positioning....they are two different things.

And I intend to have at least two practices for Naval Players before the Event. On Saturday Nov. 22nd and Saturday Nov 29th at the same time as the Event would be.

I'm a real bad loser.... ;)

Ice, Fleet Commander

........I'll love to see the naval organization required to park all these ships in such a tight area.

Stu is correct Malize.

I'm going to need a least 30 minutes to get those ships into position. And that is with practice I think.

For the moment, because that time frame might go up, I think Naval needs at least a 30 minute head start before the Stukas lift off so perhaps Naval players can enter the Server 30 minutes early.?

I know you mentioned setup time but it might be smoother, a little, this way. What you think.?

Ice, Fleet Commander

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0