Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malize

Dec 6th : PEARL HARBOR

558 posts in this topic

There ya go Georgh.....or anybody else who wants to gun. That is a good place to be and those 20mm on the TT are the best in the game.....well, the FMB has equally good 20mm. :)

Ice, Fleet Commander

fmb is awesome as aa, small target to hit, and a stuka cant flame or bomb it easily unless it gets really close.

EDIT: DOC signed up?

im not sure if this has been asked but Antwerp AAA AI will be disabled right? I hardly find it fair if its not.

Both myself and Jammy have verified this

Well I just went in and setup Antwerp as naval and flew there in axis ride and no AI
i flew an He-111 all over antwerp at 300m altitude and did not see 1 AAA AI position shooting up at me.

No AAA AI is Active in Antwerp :D

Actually, Ice, I have no intentions to kill you, or even punch you. I don't even know why you think I'm angry with you. Right, actually, I'm very puzzled. But in a good way.

I didn't want to shoot the 37mms. If I knew those were my only guns as Captain, I would've gone gunner.

I get you wouldn't let me do that thing I wanted to do (in the first e-mail). I thought he had some. Oh well, I don't care really.

Second e-mail: hmmm. I get what you mean about that thread. But, I never practiced with the 37mms. Ever. I selected that crew member, went "what the hell is this," and then switched to the AAA MGs.

Ice, I'm a hard guy to piss off. Especially online. I'm weird, compared to some people. I prefer automatic weapons over anything. Even a sniper rifle. Even a bazooka with unlimited ammo. The 37mms are obviously not automatic. I like fast things. The 37mms. Not fast. That's why I'd rather be gunner with those little Machine Guns.

So yea, pleeeeaaaaase switch Pictboy as Captain (if he wants it) and me as his crew.

Oh, and ice, you're not an a-hole.

Oh, and don't send me long e-mails. It's better to send me many short ones, cause I tend to over read a bunch of stuff.

-OJ (NOT oj!!)

fmb is awesome as aa, small target to hit, and a stuka cant flame or bomb it easily unless it gets really close.

EDIT: DOC signed up?

Yep, DOC signed up. As a Stuka.

And I give you a dime on the dollar that he has set his target as your ship. ;)

Ice, Fleet Commander

Sign me up as gunner for one of the DDs.

Sorry about that Pictboy3 but you are assigned as Captain of the USS California with Orangel as Crew Gunner.

Acknowledge please. :)

Oppsss....great minds think alike....just saw the above post. ;)

Naval Players:

Please Read and then Post in this thread.: Pearl Harbour: Fleet Headquaters http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com...d.php?t=249881

Thank you.

Ice, Fleet Commander

Put me down for a stuka, whatever the high group is.. the AAA AI at Antwerp is going to eat us alive before we even get there anyway.

There is some discussion in the Hanger Forum notice for this event...basically it comes down to if people would be put off by facing H81's with Stukas...or if some work around could be found to keep Axis Fighter cannons for ripping up the FMB's.

Only 2 p-40's lifted, however more P-36's (H75) lifted.

We should have a few H75's lift, and have a some 109's up as well.

I am IN, but cant decide, Stuka or targ... ah, BOAT! ;)

Put me down for a stuka' date=' whatever the high group is.. the AAA AI at Antwerp is going to eat us alive before we even get there anyway.[/quote']

AI will be shut down for the event! ;)

Yep AI for twp will be shut down.. I think personally the bofors are a bit "over doing it.. I mean maybe "half the ships" but if you really think about it if I blow icetwps ship, hes multicrewed (of course).. That means I have to deal with two bofors instead of just one ship. Icetwp can call me stupid for my method of thinking all he wants to but I am just saying how I feel.

I was in support of the "two life" rule but ok you if we stuka blow at least 12 ships.. and they all are multicrewed thats 24 bofors we have to deal with. changing your ratio to 1/1.stuff instead of icetwps ratio of 3/1 which he was enjoying.

I wish icetwp would of lost all his huff and puff and would just explained it in that way. Yes Ok there should be more AA fire when stukas of the first and second wave attack. I agree, however... I am saying at this phase and stage of it if theres not more then 22 (88/4 = 22) stuka pilots assigned per flight phase, and were kia then you need to adjust your lives given to stuka pilots to compensate.

How you have it set up where each individual pilot is set per wing (instead) sort of making it unfair incase of lack of stuka pilots. I dont see many pilots making an RTB in the first flight for sure as icetwp said I agree with his argument, the first flights real purpose would just be to check out how the setup is, wheres the main targets , recon.

I disagree that there should be enemy aircraft, that is ROYALLY agisnt what happened.. pearl harbor hardly any pilots got airborne or were in the aircraft carriors that were a way aways from pearl. Seeing EA on the 4th wing I can agree to (simulates that communication finally made it to the carriors and some assistance arrived.)

My problem is your looking at the RTB point of this, and honestly with a flak trap that frciken big maybe 1-2 pilots will rtb out of the whole affair unless we get bigger numbers... also most stukas will probley also spend thier time strafing the fmbs so we can get more kills so you have to put that into account.

Anyway I think that was covering "most" of icetwps arguements and a fue of mine. It wasnt politics he was thinking... it was that you had overlooked a bit of it.

Yep AI for twp will be shut down.. I think personally the bofors are a bit "over doing it.. I mean maybe "half the ships" but if you really think about it if I blow icetwps ship, hes multicrewed (of course).. That means I have to deal with two bofors instead of just one ship. Icetwp can call me stupid for my method of thinking all he wants to but I am just saying how I feel.

I was in support of the "two life" rule but ok you if we stuka blow at least 12 ships.. and they all are multicrewed thats 24 bofors we have to deal with. changing your ratio to 1/1.stuff instead of icetwps ratio of 3/1 which he was enjoying.

I wish icetwp would of lost all his huff and puff and would just explained it in that way. Yes Ok there should be more AA fire when stukas of the first and second wave attack. I agree, however... I am saying at this phase and stage of it if theres not more then 22 (88/4 = 22) stuka pilots assigned per flight phase, and were kia then you need to adjust your lives given to stuka pilots to compensate.

How you have it set up where each individual pilot is set per wing (instead) sort of making it unfair incase of lack of stuka pilots. I dont see many pilots making an RTB in the first flight for sure as icetwp said I agree with his argument, the first flights real purpose would just be to check out how the setup is, wheres the main targets , recon.

I disagree that there should be enemy aircraft, that is ROYALLY agisnt what happened.. pearl harbor hardly any pilots got airborne or were in the aircraft carriors that were a way aways from pearl. Seeing EA on the 4th wing I can agree to (simulates that communication finally made it to the carriors and some assistance arrived.)

My problem is your looking at the RTB point of this, and honestly with a flak trap that frciken big maybe 1-2 pilots will rtb out of the whole affair unless we get bigger numbers... also most stukas will probley also spend thier time strafing the fmbs so we can get more kills so you have to put that into account.

Anyway I think that was covering "most" of icetwps arguements and a fue of mine. It wasnt politics he was thinking... it was that you had overlooked a bit of it.

You post with such fearless gusto!

You do understand that there isn't anything to "recon"? It's all laid out ahead of time...the ships are going to be stationary.

Anyway, the "2 lives" for the Stukas are roughly the actual numbers of bombers in both waves...land and water targets, 80 bombers and 80 bombers...2 separate sets of aircraft, not 2 trips for each pilot...which is why the pilots get the respawn...they are actually rtb-ing their first set of historical "lives" and returning with a fresh set of historical "lives"

In many ways the Stuka enjoys advantages over the assortment of historical japanese aircraft and how they were employed in the attack, some were level bombing, some dive bombing, some torpedo bombers...I don't think any were considered overly rugged. Anyway, the absence of torp bombers is sad because those would provide a multi-layered threat like VT-8 at Midway

To all worried about the bofors, think about it... One bofors, maybe two to replace a dd. DD has 37mm, and 20mm all shooting at you comming down on them. Bofors one barrel firing at you comming down on someone else. Less aaa. Easy math. Relax. The bofors wont make a whole lot of differnce.

To all worried about the bofors' date=' think about it... One bofors, maybe two to replace a dd. DD has 37mm, and 20mm all shooting at you comming down on them. Bofors one barrel firing at you comming down on someone else. Less aaa. Easy math. Relax. The bofors wont make a whole lot of differnce.[/quote']

The way some of the virtual sailors talk you'd think they've never been sunk by the air :) If that's the case then there won't be *any* bofors.

Sure if he agrees.

A bit late.

The Kriegsmarine always needs cabin boys.

Sorry, wrong event.

Again, ...

we want you, we want you as a new recruit.

;)

Torpedo bombers!

Anyone ask DOC if he can put those in?

Had German Blen T's for some past intermission.

I would take that any day

A bit late.

The Kriegsmarine always needs cabin boys.

Sorry, wrong event.

Again, ...

we want you, we want you as a new recruit.

;)

TBH I am confused with what you said.

TBH I am confused with what you said.

He said yes Matt. Don't worry about it.

All Kriegsmarine Commanders consider anybody on their ship a cabin boy.

;)

Ice, Fleet Commander

Torpedo bombers!

Anyone ask DOC if he can put those in?

Had German Blen T's for some past intermission.

I would take that any day

IIRC the BlenT's have some form of technical issue...there was a post about it some time ago, and by some time ago I'm talking better than a year.

All Kriegsmarine Commanders consider anybody on their ship a cabin boy.

Thanks for explaining our naval slang. Or was it navel? :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0