CHKICKER

Training Request - Air - Post Here!

141 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2017 at 8:38 PM, faceman109 said:

I don't know how to fly and that's why i need help.

Allied side.

Most of the time on ts channel.

And i have no joystick :(

please if someone give training tell me !

weekends and some times working days it really depends~!

I highly recommend a Joystick.. They aren't too much money for one that works decent.. 3D Extreme Pro from Logitech is probably the best basic joystick out there. About $35.. Best Buy stores have them as well as Amazon.. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-extreme-3d-pro-joystick-silver-black/5796515.p?skuId=5796515

I do not have any experience flying without a joystick otherwise I would help..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

With the flight models here, you almost have to have a stick.  You won't ever be competitive, otherwise.  If you don't want to buy a new one, check flea markets and thrift stores.  I bought two of my three Extreme 3D Pro sticks at a local thrift store, the last one for under $5.  I cleaned it up, it calibrated just fine, and it works like new.

 

 

 

-Irish

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of sounding repetitive (see NAVAL training request) ...it's been MONTHS since I posted a reply on this forum and still...no answer.  @CHKICKER - Please tell me the point of having this AIR Training Request Sticky here AT ALL.

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MaDeuce, let me know if you get any hits (PM me).  I wouldn't mind some ingame training or some on the training server, from someone who knows what they're doing.  I can fly in offline training mode all I want and never really get better.  I've flown some escort missions for bombers, ingame, but haven't really DONE anything (or gotten any air XP) yet.

 

 

 

-Irish

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

MaDeuce, let me know if you get any hits (PM me).  I wouldn't mind some ingame training or some on the training server, from someone who knows what they're doing.  I can fly in offline training mode all I want and never really get better.  I've flown some escort missions for bombers, ingame, but haven't really DONE anything (or gotten any air XP) yet.

 

 

 

-Irish

 

 

Will do, Irish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ill help anyone, anytime. im not a fighter pilot, but i can bomb da shizzle out of stuff so i can teach you that.just pm me and let me know.....a joysticdk is a must

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poekytrev. Need Dive Bombing help in the Stuka for Axis. I usually play weekends from 5Pm to 10Pm GMT-7 or 12pm to 8pm GMT-7. Essentially I want to learn to recognize ground targets and how to best utilize dive bombing techniques.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Pokey - and ANYONE needing help with ANYTHING air related. You can always ping me on PM and I will get you sorted - Axis or Allies doesn't matter. In the mean time, there IS a lot of stuff, though needing update after server migration, at the WWIIOL Wiki and a lot further still in the links in my sig. I'm at CET though you so YMMV.

For the Stuka, check out the CAS section and specifically the Dive and glide bombing part.

Recognizing ground targets comes with practice (and a lot of fiery deaths). Basically you have to be low and looking for them - tanks, trucks, guns, EFMS – until you can pinpoint them with your own eyeballs and remember where they are at in the landscape while converting to the attack. It is surprisingly easy to lose track of ground units. Static targets (such as stay-in-the-bullseye-AA-gunners at the FB) are of course a lot easier - just fly in and bomb from any altitude.

With experience, you should be able to arrive at a marked unit, make one fast sighting dive to confirm the target and then recover to do the real thing with smash to spare. If marks are reliable you may sometimes bomb in your first dive. Speed, and surprise, is vital. Low, slow and predictable equals death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bmbm said:

Hey Pokey - and ANYONE needing help with ANYTHING air related. You can always ping me on PM and I will get you sorted - Axis or Allies doesn't matter. In the mean time, there IS a lot of stuff, though needing update after server migration, at the WWIIOL Wiki and a lot further still in the links in my sig. I'm at CET though you so YMMV.

For the Stuka, check out the CAS section and specifically the Dive and glide bombing part.

Recognizing ground targets comes with practice (and a lot of fiery deaths). Basically you have to be low and looking for them - tanks, trucks, guns, EFMS – until you can pinpoint them with your own eyeballs and remember where they are at in the landscape while converting to the attack. It is surprisingly easy to lose track of ground units. Static targets (such as stay-in-the-bullseye-AA-gunners at the FB) are of course a lot easier - just fly in and bomb from any altitude.

With experience, you should be able to arrive at a marked unit, make one fast sighting dive to confirm the target and then recover to do the real thing with smash to spare. If marks are reliable you may sometimes bomb in your first dive. Speed, and surprise, is vital. Low, slow and predictable equals death. 

Hey there, and thanks for the reply. To be honest, all I truly needed is what you have provided. I am pretty familiar with the fllght mechanics having played several flight simulators, so getting the hang of the dive bombing aspect and the target recognition is what I was looking for. I will give the CAS section on divebombing a look. 

Your explanation for recognizing ground targets is a breath of fresh air. I relied too heavily on the clear floor window of the stuka to try and line up targets like I do in many ww2 flight sims, but it's more an aid on here as opposed to a reliable way of picking up targets. I will practice flying in to get eyes on targets first instead of hoping to see a few tracers come at me from the ground. Thanks for the help!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear it helped, and here's hoping you stick around - this air game has no parallel IMO. Get a few people to coordinate as a formation and this thing shines.

The floor window is neat but not very useful because there's no zoom in that view. I used it (before there were maps in the game) for nav verification: is that the target town? Yes. OK, wing over and dive. Now the inflight GPS map does all the eyeball nav work for you, including perfect town layout and realtime enemy intel. If things were more realistic (i.e. less intel crutches) we'd see more random bombing and commensurate lower lethality overall. OTOH people would complain that they didn't get enough kills/sortie... OTOH tankers and gunners would suffer less deaths, and certainly less revenge deaths... <shrug>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@madeuce65 @odonovan1 @heyulook

I am always willing to train both Axis and Allied pilots in anything air, a2a, bombing, defensive, etc

Joystick is a must if you want to actually stand a chance in game will say right now, and having Discord saves a lot of time and keystrokes. You can PM me or even drop into JG51 Discord Lobby to try and find me. Even if I'm not around tell one of my squaddies and it'll get back to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya, I’m new to the game and I could really use some A2A training / help for Axis planes. I’m usually online around 5pm-10pm GMT / BST most days. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a returning player with a thirst for air combat.  I can remember years ago working out my setup with trainers and other players.  I use a fighterstick, throttle, and pedals.  What i'm currently having trouble with is the details of my stick setup, i.e. Stick sensitivity and deadband.  I think im getting tiny vibration input from my stick and i'm not certain if it is normal or an issue that can be corrected.  I also need input on proper trim settings.  I'm familiar with the real life mechanics, but do not seems to be getting the proper results.  I think my key mapping is flawed.  I also am having difficulty editing my air.cfml file for incremental flaps.  I just cant get the notepad document to format correctly.

For now, i am available at anytime and would appreciate any help.  Mingus was kind enough to provide some initial help that was very helpful to get me started

Money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, money said:

I'm a returning player with a thirst for air combat.  I can remember years ago working out my setup with trainers and other players.  I use a fighterstick, throttle, and pedals.  What i'm currently having trouble with is the details of my stick setup, i.e. Stick sensitivity and deadband.  I think im getting tiny vibration input from my stick and i'm not certain if it is normal or an issue that can be corrected.  I also need input on proper trim settings.  I'm familiar with the real life mechanics, but do not seems to be getting the proper results.  I think my key mapping is flawed.  I also am having difficulty editing my air.cfml file for incremental flaps.  I just cant get the notepad document to format correctly.

For now, i am available at anytime and would appreciate any help.  Mingus was kind enough to provide some initial help that was very helpful to get me started

Money

Hi Money.
Here's the flap commands for incremental ( 10% per press) flaps. I mapped mine to the [ ] keys. Can't help with the rest of your stuff, but maybe this will do some good. Just paste it at the end of your .cfml file using Notepad ( turn wordwrap on). Note - I have specific .cfml files for particular planes ( e.g. DB-7.cfml, Boston.cfml, etc..)

<control function="Flap control">
        <joyaxis stick="0"></joyaxis>
        <keyabsolute value="0.00">
            <key></key>
        </keyabsolute>
        <keyabsolute value="0.00" index="10">
            <key></key>
        </keyabsolute>
    </control>
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dustyhc said:

Hi Money.
Here's the flap commands for incremental ( 10% per press) flaps. I mapped mine to the [ ] keys. Can't help with the rest of your stuff, but maybe this will do some good. Just paste it at the end of your .cfml file using Notepad ( turn wordwrap on). Note - I have specific .cfml files for particular planes ( e.g. DB-7.cfml, Boston.cfml, etc..)

<control function="Flap control">
        <joyaxis stick="0"></joyaxis>
        <keyabsolute value="0.00">
            <key></key>
        </keyabsolute>
        <keyabsolute value="0.00" index="10">
            <key></key>
        </keyabsolute>
    </control>
 

Thank you for the reply!  CRS-Heavy265 sent me the following video link in Discord and i was able to get my flaps adjusted.

https://wiki.wwiionline.com/view/Incremented_flaps

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.