Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

129 beta notes

24 posts in this topic

Beta on PPC doesn't work (either online or offline) which may be related to Oliver's changing the endian stuff around. He doesn't have a PPC to test with so it's kind of a pain to fix. I have the source now but it's major unknown to me.

Anyone having troubles with an Intel mac?

Have they released the 1.29 beta for mac as well? I was under the impression the patches for mac were delayed for a good while after the patch came out for PC?

I have an intel mac and will be happy to guinea pig, but am not running 10.5 or bootcamp...

Have they released the 1.29 beta for mac as well? I was under the impression the patches for mac were delayed for a good while after the patch came out for PC?

I have an intel mac and will be happy to guinea pig, but am not running 10.5 or bootcamp...

Beta patches for the Mac are coming out the same time as the PC patches.

Beta on PPC doesn't work (either online or offline) which may be related to Oliver's changing the endian stuff around. He doesn't have a PPC to test with so it's kind of a pain to fix. I have the source now but it's major unknown to me.

Anyone having troubles with an Intel mac?

I would give root access to him on my quad G5 but I don't think he would want it since it is commercial game.

So far I haven't noticed anything that PC users aren't having issue with. But one time after the walking tutorial the game froze and PC users were having similar issuses getting back to the brigade screen.

The only real expected differences are to the PPC version, which is still screwed.

I would check to see if the shaders are working any better and for any visual anomolies on newer video cards.

The only real expected differences are to the PPC version, which is still screwed.

I would check to see if the shaders are working any better and for any visual anomolies on newer video cards.

Ahwulf how would we be aware of the working PPC version?

What's up with PPC version? Is there going to be one?

s!

I wonder if it is Apple's fault that PPC one is broken (just like Leopard sound thing).

If it is the deal, I plan to buy a Windows PC, build it in fact. Of course there is a slight chance we can get the answer.

The shopping card is ready in fact.

No the problem with the PPC version is that Oliver made changes to the build process and the byte swapping code got messed up. It will take time but we will figure it out. The network stuff is flipping the right bytes now but the game loading is still fubar.

The good news is I now have full access to the code repository so I can be up to date easier.

The bad news is I know even less of the code than I did before (a modicrum has become a megacrum).

Thx for the update but who said you could switch workspaces? (*** drum beats in background***) Free-range lackey of those heavily-armed capitalist rodents, back to work!

I found the problem with the PPC byte flippers. The were actually hamburger flippers. Hopefully the next release (or the one after that) will have PPC functionality again.

OK I made the fix and ran once online, so I know it works. Now to build a real version, the debug version is like 4fps.

I checked in the change. it *should* be in the next beta release, but no guarantees its 100% perfect.

With "testing nearing an end", I hope that the Mac PPC players get some luv real soon.

s!

anyone able to mount the .20 image?

I'm getting the following error:

# hdid wwiiol0000129020.dmg

hdid: attach failed - no mountable file systems

Ok, redownloaded... CRC32's changed.

Games loads offline... woohoo!

That's all I've tried, so far, so good.

s!

Config: 10.5.5, 2x2G5

==================

Update:

Progress: make it to "Map reading tutorial" where scenario freezes and becomes unresponsive to the spacebar. Forced to quit at this point.

-red rectangle highlights tabs on upper edge of map but tabs are blurred and bouncing

-spacebar unresponsive

I am having the same problem with 1.29.21 beta online as Dog with the map tutorial. I've tried this on a 24" iMac/core 2 duo/ATI Radeon HD 2600/1 GB ram/10.5.5 and a 15.4" MacBook Pro/core 2 duo/Nvidia 8600M GT/2 GB ram/10.5.5. Below are lines that show up in the console:

11/23/08 9:19:08 AM [0x0-0x391391].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[12140] ReferenceError: onpersonas is not defined

11/23/08 9:19:08 AM [0x0-0x391391].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[12140] ReferenceError: CycleTimer is not defined

11/23/08 9:19:08 AM [0x0-0x391391].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[12140] ReferenceError: onmissionroomchange is not defined

11/23/08 9:19:08 AM [0x0-0x391391].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[12140] TypeError: this.view.snapshot is not a function

The last one shows up repeatedly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0