8GB DDR2 RAM

500GB SATA 300 HD 16MB, 7200rpm

LG 22x SATA DVDRW

NVIDIA 9800GTX 512 MB DDR3 PCIe 2.0

Integrated sound

Vista 64bit

Ethernet/Firewire/8 USB 2.0 ports

550Watt power supply.

I neeeeeeeed to get back in game soon - I'm freakin out over here.

Help a brotha out - should I pull the trigger on this? I can have it in 4 days....

S!

thats not worth 1200 its worth about 700. honestly build your own computer get a GTX 260 not the 9800 or go ATI 4870 (x2 your choice or not) and get a quad core for sure and wait another 3-4 months then all the new stuff comes out like AM3(amd new socket and processors) Intels new processor line with 45nm tech and nvidia/ATI new GPUs so wait alilbit and prices will go down a ****ton

Please have a look and tell me whether it is worth 1200$

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.2 Ghz

Intel MOBO DG4510

8GB DDR2 RAM

LG 22x SATA DVDRW

Integrated sound

Vista 64bit

550Watt power supply.

Help a brotha out - should I pull the trigger on this? I can have it in 4 days....

S!

Hey Dooom!

We really miss ya, brotha!

Let's go:

- Get a Quad core.

- 4gb RAM is more than necessary. You'll never use that 8GB nowadays. You'll keep getting memory bug with 8GB, for example. Windows doesn't work with that amount of memory.

- 9800GTX: This is a excellent VGA but why not a 9800GX2? Once you'll pay to get a new rig, get a VGA that you'll have for at least a 1,5 year. I can't tell you that you'll have the 9800GTX for too long. 9800GX2 is beast!

- Vista 64: Get rid of this POS. Check the "Game testing and bug reports" forum and see all about Vista. After come back and tell me what ya think.

quad cores are pretty useless atm.

But when it's not useless anymore, you already have one.

Heya fabby -

good to see yas.

i thought vista 64 was the only system moving forward??? If I dont go 64 bit i thought i am seriously going to limit myself.

Should i buy a Mac?

Heya fabby -

good to see yas.

i thought vista 64 was the only system moving forward??? If I dont go 64 bit i thought i am seriously going to limit myself.

Should i buy a Mac?

no.

Time to leach of your thread.

Hey, hivemind that is the Hangar, this any good for flying?

CPU : Q6600 (Quad core stock 2.4Ghz probably going to overlock it to 3.0Ghz)

RAM : 4gig DDR2

GPU : Nvidia 8800GTX

Will have a soundcard but can't be titied to get the model it is, it is a good one though.

Oh and at the OP, integrated stuff is usually horrible. Try seeing if you can get a soundcard.

Please have a look and tell me whether it is worth 1200$

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.2 Ghz

Intel MOBO DG4510

8GB DDR2 RAM

LG 22x SATA DVDRW

Integrated sound

Vista 64bit

550Watt power supply.

S!

See if you can a better Power supply there. I'm not even sure that poor little 550Watt could even run all that.

That 550Watt power supply is like Surly in a Yugo. The Yugo is not going to go very far and that poor poor engine on that Yugo is probably going to explode.

Hey Dooom!

- 4gb RAM is more than necessary. You'll never use that 8GB nowadays. You'll keep getting memory bug with 8GB, for example. Windows doesn't work with that amount of memory.

Pretty much physical limitation of a 32bit system is that it can only address 4gb of ram. It's not specific to windows.

BTW anyone here use the 64bit build of XP?

Yes and it works about as good as 32bit XP.

This a positive or negative comment?, because I have not had much trouble with my 32bit build of XP.

Get this MOBO and overclock it all. Intel Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6

Get at least an 800 watt power supply, the type with modular plugs if you can afford it.

This a positive or negative comment?' date=' because I have not had much trouble with my 32bit build of XP.[/quote']

Positive.

Positive.

K gotcha I might do a XP 64 build in a bit. (just kinda seems when someone puts it in those words its usually negative.)

Dooom I just fired my new computer up tonight, Dual core 8600, dual rad drives

8800 GTX and with everything turned on im getting avarage 168 fps in town even with water shaders and 8X alising ? turned on. I just about wet myself.

oh and I almost forgot the 4 gigs of ram.

Go with Quad Core!

I would prefer a faster dual core than a quad core at the moment. You simply don't have enough software out there designed to take advantage of a quad core CPU.

Heya fabby -

good to see yas.

Should i buy a Mac?

Hell... NO!

The Microsoft has 2 big failures: Windows ME and Vista. Vista is a total failure commercially. A lot of companies that went to Vista already go back to XP. Due to this big failure, Microsoft will release a new OS in months. This will call "Windows 7" and it will be a brand new OS. They coded a new system instead "patch" the old one.

MAC is amazing, but I don't know if it's amazing to play WWIIOL as well. Check it, bro.

The memory bug I mean is the WWIIOL memory bug. 32bit OS system will only use about 2GB and 64bit OS sytem will only use 4GB. So, having a 8GB is waste of time/money once your OS will not use this amount of RAM.

----------

@ Natedawg:

A 550w PS CAN support his system easily. You really don't need a big power supply. This is propaganda.

I have a Core 2 Duo / Asus P5W / 2GB Corsair / 3 HDD (2 in Raid0) / nVidia 8800GTX (OC). My PS is a (true) 500W. My computer NEVER heat.

someone move this to support forums because they have a better idea of which way to direct you on your new pc choices.

hangar guys r just dumb jocks :)

seriously you will get better answers over there S!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0