Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

v1.30 OPEN BETA: Map Renders White (slow UI map updates)

xanthus

This has happened to me with every public version of 1.29; When looking at the map, many cells appear white/blank and it takes several seconds for them "load"....

This happens both offline and online.

129map-bug.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DOC

• GOPHUR

• ltrain

• xanthus

Top Posters In This Topic

• Registered Users

V .0.18 it's updateing quicker than before but still starts out white grided.

Interestingly though, pre spawn bde map is just fuzzy rather than white grided. It too updates fairly quick but still somethings takin a bit long to load in with the textures.

fuzzy.jpg

• Registered Users

Humm, Ok, now (today) it's doing that aeroglass looking deal spwned too.....This on my xp install aint checked the vista drive but no white grid just the fuzzy aeroglass looking deal.

• Registered Users

On mine it clears up in a few seconds, zooming out seems to help clear it.

As to the screenie above, the next time I logged in it was white grid instead of he fuzzies...Kinda weird that it goes different with dift logins.

Does it resolve itself if you wait for a few seconds ?

v1.29.0.18

v1.29.0.19 releases probably tomorrow.

Yes, it does resolve itself after a few seconds. I'll make sure to check it out again in .19

V .0.18 it's updateing quicker than before but still starts out white grided.

Interestingly though, pre spawn bde map is just fuzzy rather than white grided. It too updates fairly quick but still somethings takin a bit long to load in with the textures.

fuzzy.jpg

same here , need to zoon dezoom several to have the normal map

As of today's .19 release, I'm no longer getting the blank map cells, but now I always get the blurry map textures as seen in OldZeke's post; the map textures start up blurry but eventually load up and show at full res.

This happens ALWAYS, every single time I open the map.

Just to be clear, this locked thread details the current problem as of ~.19 except without the blank cells.

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=246226

Blank cells are fixed but now I'm left with just the blurry, slow-loading textures (which ultimately change into the normal resolution textures after a while). This is not a one-time loading event; it happens every single time I open the map.

Not really better, still same. BLurry and/or white when opening and scrolling around, wait 10-20 seconds till it gets loaded. Funny thing is, when looking at whilte map and taking screenshot, when screenshot is saved map fills immediately with high-res texture, as if game needs a kick in the balls to move on

Not really better' date=' still same. BLurry and/or white when opening and scrolling around, wait 10-20 seconds till it gets loaded. Funny thing is, when looking at whilte map and taking screenshot, when screenshot is saved map fills immediately with high-res texture, as if game needs a kick in the balls to move on[/quote']

same

This is unfortunately looking like it is tied to how high end your rig is. I am seeing what you guys are reporting because I have a crap rig. Gophur isn't, because he has a nice rig. It's ugly I agree, but it's not stopping the game from working. I'd like it less ugly myself.

This is unfortunately looking like it is tied to how high end your rig is. I am seeing what you guys are reporting because I have a crap rig. Gophur isn't' date=' because he has a nice rig. It's ugly I agree, but it's not stopping the game from working. I'd like it less ugly myself.[/quote']Not sure if I agree, I don't think my rig is crap. In 1.28 I barely get stutters.

Has the game's minimum hardware requirement been raised by that much then with 1.29 as compared to 1.28? In 1.28 the map is there immediately when opening, even when sitting in some annoying town such as schilde with players blinking in and out, planes darkening the skies and more tank-coax MG ammo flying around than was spent on the whole eastern front from mid-41 till 1945 all together...

In 1.29 the minimap is sometimes not even keeping up with the speed of a tank in high gear on road, youre driving from "map" into a white square - on the minimap that is, not talking about terrain per se.

No it isn't a raising of system requirements, it's that in order to get the Unity enhancements (framerate improvements) into this build we had to rewrite how object and gameworld loading is handled. This particular issue you're talking about is a fallout of that rewrite. It may take a while to eliminate all the associated little quirks it might bring with it, but the prime objective is served. We're not saying this is how it should be or will stay, it's still a work in progress. Since you are commenting on BETA (which is technically software in development not in published public release) you should when reporting it, be aware that not functioning "as intended " is a totally beta orientated expectation. We are gathering your reports, and trying to give you some feedback for your own education but it doesn't mean we need to discuss why except maybe to help you to cope with the idea that this is still a beta development and not a ready for release candidate client.

Making a comparison to v1.28 for example, is fine to show the differances between them, but it is irrelevent to why v1.29 doesn't behave the same, as the v1.29 development has completely changed a very large portion of the base or core game engine, in other words, the two versions don't do many things in the render aspect in anything like the same manner at all. The game looks the same to you but the two versions are very very different at the code level, and thus they will not behave the same in many areas where we still have to force the new code to behave more as we'd like it to, and less as it does left to its own devices. You change or fix 1 thing, you break 5 other things. Every software developer understand this, it's what they live with on a daily basis. Well, in v1.29, we changed a LOT of things.

Hope that clarifies things a little.

I just can't replicate this. There has to be a common thread. Drivers?

Gonna have to move this out of critical until I can find out what it is.