• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heineken

Problem: Connection to host lost

13 posts in this topic

This problem happens to me every single time I enter the world... I can play for like in between 10 seconds and then it happens.. connection to host lost #10057... The worst part is that like a few seconds later i reconnect without being able to play because of that message box and if I press ok I go back into windows and then I load it again and the same **** happens all over again.. Whats happening? Why god, whyy? Never had that problem before, ever!

I've got AMD Athlon 3500+ 2.21 GHz, 1,0 GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS, the latest driver... I also have an acceptable internet connection, it's 1 mb...

What am I to do? Why god, whyyy?

Who is your ISP? There is a dispute going on right now between Cogent (CRS' ISP) and Sprint which could be contributing to your CTHLs.

When you do get a CTHL error, wait a minute or two before trying to launch the game again. This will avoid the second CTHL as the game starts.

Oh, I've tried waiting... it always happens :( My ISP is Icelandic, lina.net... hmmm... could it be because my country is going down the tubes? We can't afford more than 1 FPS...

This problem of connecting, and then losing connection between 1 and 10 minutes in has been happening to me for the last week or so. I just figured it was a bad day, gave up, and came back. Got a good day in there, and now its happening again.

Very frustrating to not be able to play the game.

Any suggestions on a fix or a way to check why its happening?

You guys are not alone.

I am having the same problem. It was ok when I played yesterday. But today, the first time I connected I Lost Host after several minutes. The next 2 times I connected, I Lost Host after like 10 seconds. I have to start wondering what's going on. But I am not giving up just yet, I am going to keep trying to get into the game for a while and hopefully I will end up getting a stable Host Connection at some point!

I live in Colorado, USA and my ISP is Comcast. I never have any Internet Connectivity problems or issues unless Comcast has a network outage in my area.

Regards,

OneTin

Connection lasted about 4 minutes this time. It's not like I'm trying to reconnect immediately every time either. The first time today, I did, and Lost Host in 10 seconds. But then I was in a class for an hour with MrToad. After the class I reconnected and Lost Host in 10 seconds. Came here and made my above post and then reconnected. Lost Host in about 4 minutes as I said above.

Yes, very frustrating.

OneTin

Hello again,

I would like to let you all know how it went last night, what happened. I reconnected a couple of times and CTHL very soon afterwards. Next time I connected I was able to play for about an hour before CTHL. I was still a little disappointed as I can usually stay connected for a much longer period of time than that. So...

I called my ISP, Comcast, and asked them if there were any network issues or reports of packet loss problems in my area. They said no.They recommended that I reset my cable modem by shutting down my computer and powering it off and then cut off the power to my cable modem, which I have done many times before in the past. They suggested that perhaps a power droop had occured at some point in time and perhaps that had caused my equipment/modem to get a little out of synch somehow. I will mention here that, whenever I have had to reset my cable modem in the past it was always due to not being able to get connected to the internet at all. What happened in this situation? Perhaps it was what was needed. After I did it, and then powered everything back up and rebooted, I played for many hours with no CTHL! Although I am not 100% certain that resetting my modem is what cured the problem for me, I am heavily inclined to think it is.

So, for you guys having CTHL problems you might want to reset your Cable/DSL modem. It may cure the problem, it may not. But whatever the case I don't think it can hurt, and it should at least help to going towards making sure that an issue with your modem is not the problem behind your CTHL's.

Regards,

OneTin

While Resetting your Modem May have had Something to do with Improving the Connection ... I have some Bad news .. It isnt a Permanent Fix.

I Have Cox Cable.. and have Had similar issues with CTHL's

Sometimes i get CTHL'd on Start up Sometimes I can play for several hours w/o a Problem.

After a Little research and A suggestion from someone in game. This is what i discovered.

first and for Most It's not a Problem with the game ... it's a Problem with Packet Loss

Let me guess ... Your playing fine for a few then suddenly Your Ping starts to go south Like a Duck in Winter and your packet loss Climbs into the thousand % range.

when i Check My connection againt the Ip's Provided in the Netcheck Utility that comes with the game ..

every ounce of packet loss Comes within the last 3 or 4 hops... all relating to cogent paths which tells me that Its Not a technical Problem with the game itself But with the ISP

As Previously Mention Cogent and Sprint are in a Bit of a boxing Match atm Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon .

wish these Children would grow Up....LOL

While Resetting your Modem May have had Something to do with Improving the Connection ... I have some Bad news .. It isnt a Permanent Fix.

I Have Cox Cable.. and have Had similar issues with CTHL's

Sometimes i get CTHL'd on Start up Sometimes I can play for several hours w/o a Problem.

After a Little research and A suggestion from someone in game. This is what i discovered.

first and for Most It's not a Problem with the game ... it's a Problem with Packet Loss

Let me guess ... Your playing fine for a few then suddenly Your Ping starts to go south Like a Duck in Winter and your packet loss Climbs into the thousand % range.

when i Check My connection againt the Ip's Provided in the Netcheck Utility that comes with the game ..

every ounce of packet loss Comes within the last 3 or 4 hops... all relating to cogent paths which tells me that Its Not a technical Problem with the game itself But with the ISP

As Previously Mention Cogent and Sprint are in a Bit of a boxing Match atm Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon .

wish these Children would grow Up....LOL

Yep same as me..........run pinplotter to the CRS server for half an hour and your will see the bloody packet loss.

Yep, you guys are right. I spoke too soon. I am still having the same problem. And yep, seeing huge packet loss being reported in-game at times, like as much as 160%. At this point, I have been fooled into thinking the problem has been solved a few different times because there have been times where I have not gotten a CTHL for several hours. I have been playing with the settings for the TCP/IP stack in my WinXP and trying various other things such as, disconnecting the cable splitter that goes to my TV, switching the Netcode2 from disabled to enabled then back to disabled, ect... all to no avail apparently.

If this problem really is occuring because of some ISP Wars then I think this is an example where our Government should step in and do something to help us consumers. It's one of the things we pay them(our gov't) for.

Regards,

OneTin

My ISP hasn't changed any routing up until Cogent when I play this game and in the past I had like 1 CTHL per quarter.

Today I struggle with half a dozen CTHLs a week, minimum. Usually they come in droves on the same day and totally random.

Im from Canada and for 3 months I ran the game without a single CTHL and in the last week I have not been able to play the game for more then 15 seconds, as stated above, why god, why?

Havin same problem on dialup. Ping is fine, packet loss is 2800%. Here i come back after a year away and no offense to crs but this is awful. Played first couple years of the game with only occasional stutter/lag problems, never had dc's like this. I can last anywhere from 3min to 20min but its the same screen freeze then 10 sec later connection to host lost, happens everytime. I'm sure its been said before but i can log into wow, swg and lotr and not dc ever.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0