Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snorkel1

Don't understand new UI

23 posts in this topic

I sure don't know how CRS measures rank but an Oberleutnat is nowhere near the rank of Brigadier General. I don't belong to a brigade or a squad and prefer not to. I've been playing since I started as an individual and would like to continue to do so.

It's just a word. They didn't lower your rank, they just put a bunch of ranks above everyone (so you can advance more) and renamed them.

snorkel, u been here since 2001 and still have missed all vital information about 1.19 and beyond?

luu5 ---- operation of the game and gameplay has been relatively the same with minor changes and I could do whatever I wanted more or less. With this "update" I have to be in a "brigade" in order to play, etc, etc. All I want to do is kill stuff and be left alone.

welcome to war? post a mission, or get on someone elses mission, you still can do what you want, but unfortunately, you are gonna have to be part of a brigade.

Theres nothing to it.

You cant just play on your own...youll have to play "with" a brigade....whether or not you actually play *with* them, is up to you, but according to the system, you are "signing up with" whatever brigade you choose.

Which means youll have to choose a brigade from the initial brigade screen...you can jump around from brigade to brigade any time you like.

Sorry for the bad news, but its been a long time coming.

If all my squaddies are in Aarshot... what brigade am I in? What brigade are you in? What brigade controls Antwerp...

These are things we'll all have to just KNOW to get where we need to be...

And for planes... searching for a brigade to search for planes is not something I consider a good time while gaming... let me see where the equipment is... and join. basic... simple... it'll keep the customer happy.

Kinda like snorkel said... we just want to kill things... don't get me wrong.. I love to play with my squadmates... but when they aren't around... and they need help in "Dinant".... how do I get there?

Is there an updated Game manual for this new UI ? The trainer.info place is ok... but it doesn't help when I need to get to Leuven quickly.

miller6

I think thats exactly what CRS is wanting to get away from, not playing in any specific location, but rather, playing with a specific group of people, no matter where they are.

I'm having the same problem, I guess....logged on for the first time

since the update and joined a brigade based out of Antwerp

(just picked it randomly as I don't recognize any of the CO's anymore)

Guys were shouting for help at Kalmthout, a mission was posted

for defence there, but everytime I tried to spawn in at Kalm,

I found myself at the Antwerp EAB. There seemed to be very few

players in the brigade at the time, spread thin over several towns

and everyone seemed to be in tanks even though it was a light

infantry brigade. I presume this was to give them mobility as there

were no "spare" players to drive trucks at this point....

It seems like every mission has the Brigade HQ as its origin, is this

true? If so then the players leading the sub-units should be able

to move their entire unit forward from HQ en masse, by posting a

mission to the front line, no?

I always assumed that it would work something like this:

BrigGen>> >>>>establishes BrigHQ at Antwerp and assigns duties to:

Colonels>>>>> command individual AB's and assign duties to

Majors>>>> at secondary facilities such as depots who then give orders to

Lieutenants>>> who command platoons based at FB's who then give

orders to

NCO's>> who move their companies and squads out of depots and FB's into the field to engage the enemy

Privates> who absorb the enemy's bullets

So, as miller6 asks, how do we know where to go and once we

choose a mission, how do we get to the place where we need to

spawn? If I walk all the way from Antwerp to Kalmthout and despawn there, do I get to respawn from Kalm? or do I have to walk all the way back again (each time)?

If all my squaddies are in Aarshot... what brigade am I in? What brigade are you in? What brigade controls Antwerp...

These are things we'll all have to just KNOW to get where we need to be...

And for planes... searching for a brigade to search for planes is not something I consider a good time while gaming... let me see where the equipment is... and join. basic... simple... it'll keep the customer happy.

Kinda like snorkel said... we just want to kill things... don't get me wrong.. I love to play with my squadmates... but when they aren't around... and they need help in "Dinant".... how do I get there?

Is there an updated Game manual for this new UI ? The trainer.info place is ok... but it doesn't help when I need to get to Leuven quickly.

miller6

Select Persona. Click to Brigade, open big Map, double click the town you want, you are auto assigned to a brigade, and the mission for that town at listed. Select a mission, weapon and enter.

I think Hardcase is saying how he thinks it "should" be. Because it doesn't work like that currently.

lets see

spawn at FB to defend despawn after a few kills and a bunch of ei trying to get to FB. just to realize that the mission on that brigade is gone so now (that i cant post no more missions) i have to look for another brigade to see if anyone posted mission there, later after 6 minutes of beging and looking i find one, wohoo spawn in to see that they are blowing the FB and no one defending since all the ones trying cant spawn in no more (i have seen this in AB too)

now this to me its a hughe leap backwards

I agree...

SInce we are all now part of "specific" brigades... we must only spawn in those locations...

Its just that no one has decided who/what/where those brigades are... as far as I know...

if this is posted somewhere or public knowledge... please let the rest of us know..

thanks, miller6

they brigade mission rules have to be the most completely unthought thru and just plain stupidity that i could have imagined anyone able to put together if thats what they were going for, but whomever wrote these was not and that worrys me.

theres already enough time wasting timers ,spawnscreens, spawnin times, ect built into the game and now they made one to rule them all.

heres a little text eval of the mission rules i set out to do after the first couple of times i was able to get to spawn in after the clickfest they forced on us to reach that point.

Missions:

-Missions now require the poster to lead the mission(really not good for times of few people online )

-Officers can exit the mission but it will not be available to join to other players\what if all available mission posters are in game?

-Officers returning to the mission will reactivate the mission\why ?

-Officers can only post and lead one mission at a time (this is my main gripe here just a dumb idea completly)

-Missions will no longer be deleted when their origin is captured (why not , at least it made sense)

-Removed Priority from mission (anotherone that made sense)

-Missions can be Active, Inactive or Closed. (why? if the originating officer departs it should just depart also)

-Mission is active whenever the poster is on it. (duh,, if hes not on it then is inactive and in effect closed )

-Mission becomes inactive if the poster leaves it without requesting to close it. (so..... if he doesent close it he cant do anything else)

-Players cannot join someone else's mission unless it is active (officer present). (brilliant thinking here what if theres no officers on atm)

-If the mission leader exits his mission he is given the option to close it. (not really, he either stays on the mission or sits at pretty map all night)

-If the mission leader exits his mission and does not return in 5 minutes, it will be closed automatically. (just close it the moment he leaves , its not available for others to take if hes gone......)

-Once a mission has been closed it remains in the system until the last player exits. (why,, so we can admire the posters grammer ?)

-Players (including the leader) cannot join or respawn on a closed mission. (double DOH, DOH for this one if its closed just remove it from the screen)

-Mission leaders who have an inactive mission when entering the game will be returned to the mission and it will become active( what a great thing to know your able to go back to where nobodys at anymore without having to click your way there and cancel the mission so you can do what your were gonna do when the brigade redirected you somewhere else.

most of the rest of119 seems ok to me , wish theyed drop some of the fps sucking eyecandy they force on us, but i can work around most of that sort of unpleasantness, not so with these restrictive, conflicting, controls to get thru to get into the fight. i hope they quicky revise or better yet drop the whole stupid idea completely.

And please for godsakes make the chat box channals like they used to be , where you could pick the ones you wanted to use at first of mission and then just hit enter to send messages on them all instead of having to hunt and peck at the f keys every time you type something, better yet , rats take off in a 110 and start a chat conversation with someone or 3 and let me know how long before your crashed or kia lol atltom58 aka Tom S. Schuster

Anyone have any ideas on how to get from Brigade HQ to where the fight actually is?

This process seems a bit counter-productive but perhaps

I'm missing *something* here

So far here is what I am seeing...

Look at Comms page

Choose brigade

Brigade screen shows a list of missions

double click on a mission and you are moved to that point on the

map

reserve vehicle/player type....enter game world

It is at this point that I am stuck....

Once I enter the game world, I am sent to Brigade HQ...how do I move my spawn point to a place on the map that is relevant to the

mission?

In the old system, the spawn point was dictated by the mission itself, now it seems that there is some additional step that isn't

clear on the UI as ALL the missions begin at the Brigade HQ

regardless of where on the map the objective is.

Also, have spawnable FB's and Depots been eliminated? I don't

see them on the map anymore (yes. I have all the boxes checked on the map detail drop-down) Do we always start in an AB/Dock/AF now? or is moving to one of the secondary spawn points part of the step that I am missing as I spawn in?

cheers

chry

More than ever, we need a decent up-to-date-manual!

If i see what trouble you old-timers are having, what can be expected from new guys??

they brigade mission rules have to be the most completely unthought thru and just plain stupidity that i could have imagined

Well, it's the future and it's here. The main issue at the moment is the player base dragging their heals and resisting change: give enough people a bit of time to adapt and things will rapidly improve

theres already enough time wasting timers ' date='spawnscreens, spawnin times, ect built into the game and now they made one to rule them all.[/quote']

Once things start running smoothly, Brigade Spawning is going to cut out a lot of unnecessary time wasting: no more spending hours searching for where the fight is : your fight, your Brigades fight, is set out as soon as your join the game. Don't worry about what is happening elsewhere - your Brigades objective are what are paramount.

-Missions now require the poster to lead the mission(really not good for times of few people online )

Well the issue here is making sure you are a member of a Brigade that has people online during the hours you normally play. If your Prime Time is the same as your Brigades Prime Time, then there is no issue - there will always being people in your Brigade to play. The requirement of the person creating the mission to go ahead and lead it is a no-brainer.

-Officers can exit the mission but it will not be available to join to other players\what if all available mission posters are in game?

If all available mission posters are in game, then logically you would assume that they would be leading missions. Or, you pop open Brigade Chat and enquire as to why there are no open missions. The whole concept of a Mission Leader is to bring together players - if the ML decides that there is no point in continuing, then he can stop people wasting resources.

-Officers returning to the mission will reactivate the mission\why ?

If you CTD and come back to the game, you are automatically taken back to your mission, which is reopened: very handy for the unexpected exits from the game. What happens if you accidentally back out one click too far and close your mission - and it was vital - say a MS to an FB bust - not that would be stupid.

-Officers can only post and lead one mission at a time (this is my main gripe here just a dumb idea completly)

How is it Dumb? Why do you require 15 missions from the same FB, to hit the same target town. You do not. There are no "maximums" for particpitants in a mission, so this isn't a problem. The whole idea is that is brings together the people online: if there are 25 people online in your Brigade, and only 1 mission poster, then all 25 of you should be focussing your efforts on the same thing: rather than having 8 different missions taking place, with one or two people on each.

-Missions will no longer be deleted when their origin is captured (why not ' date=' at least it made sense)[/quote']

Unsure on this - bug? Certainly you will not be able to spawn in on that mission anyway.

-Removed Priority from mission (anotherone that made sense)

Priority removal is the first stage in the overhaul of rank and "mission effectiveness" - fighting with your 'home' Brigade will, in time, earn you more "points" that going away to fight temporarily with another Brigade, just because they have more going on.

-Missions can be Active' date=' Inactive or Closed. (why? if the originating officer departs it should just depart also)[/quote']

It allows you to see who is doing what - yes the mission may nolonger be spawnable, but you (or more importantly the people making the decisions); can see that there are X people still left in the field on that mission. It may be that they decide to open a new mission to the same target, to reinforce those still in the field: it's just another usefull tool for those than need it.

-Mission is active whenever the poster is on it. (duh' date=', if hes not on it then is inactive and in effect closed )[/quote']

Answered your own point

-Mission becomes inactive if the poster leaves it without requesting to close it. (so..... if he doesent close it he cant do anything else)

See above for CTD

-Players cannot join someone else's mission unless it is active (officer present). (brilliant thinking here what if theres no officers on atm)

If there were no officers then there would be no missions in the first place. It is upto your Brigade to ensure that they have peak times covered by someone with enough Rank to post and lead missions.

-Once a mission has been closed it remains in the system until the last player exits. (why' date=', so we can admire the posters grammer ?)[/quote']

See above for "usefull tools for those that need it". If you are the Brigade XO and are trying to find out exactly who is doing what, it's no good to have 15 out of your 50 people ingame, on a closed mission, with "audit trail".

Not going to bother quoting and reply to the rest, getting very repetitive and boring:

> Your should choose a Brigade that appears to be most active at the times you play.

> It is upto the Brigade Command to ensure that they have their peak hours covered with HC and ranking players to get missions posted.

> Missions are lead by a Mission Leader, with the intent to bring together people into an effective fighting force: their rank requirement should ensure that they have enough experience in game to know what is going on, and to get done what is needed. > The limiting of 1 Mission per player further adds to briging together people online in your Brigade.

> The Open / Inactive / Closed system allows for Brigade Command to remove missions without the worry of "indies" flying off on a mission that is nolonger worth it. The ability to leave the game and return to your mission, reactivating it, is very useful. The Closed status, with the mission remaining listed until the last member despawns, is very useful for auditing what is going on with who.

iAn

Here's the problem from my perspective:

There does not seem to be any way to find a place to spawn other than searching through the brigades one by one. The suggestion that you can double-click a town and start there is false, it does not work like that.

Like someone mentioned earlier, guys in Aarschot or Antwerp needed help and I tried to despawn, find it on the map and join them. Well, I did find it on the map but had NO LUCK joing whatever the hell brigade was currently in that city.

I spent 15 minutes going through brigades manually to see which one served the city under seige but by the time I did the action had eneded.

Unless there is a working, visual way to select where you want to spawn, I have to say this new version is a tremendous setback...one that may force me to leave the game.

Hate the new UI and the way it works. I thought this was suppose to be a new & better system that was suppose to help players (especially newbs) get to the fight faster. I've been playing for four plus years and to me it's even more frustrating than ever before.

*SIGH*

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0