Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fabao

Defragger

6 posts in this topic

For only files and no "optimisation", built in Windows defragmenter will do the job fine. It is written by same people who wrote Diskeeper.

Speaking for the game, once the gigantic data files are in order, you don't need more to get performance. In fact, if a high end defragmenter decides your system is idle while you drive a tank and it starts background defragmentation. you will be in trouble.

For only files and no "optimisation", built in Windows defragmenter will do the job fine. It is written by same people who wrote Diskeeper.

Speaking for the game, once the gigantic data files are in order, you don't need more to get performance. In fact, if a high end defragmenter decides your system is idle while you drive a tank and it starts background defragmentation. you will be in trouble.

Dont ever use the "idle defrag option"

Dont ever use the "idle defrag option"

Yes, generally joystick is never watched (on OS X too) since they can be never trusted so if something wants to decide if user is idle or not, it watches mouse and keyboard. While driving a tank or flying, many times you don't use both so let the idle defrag begin :)

Got a JKDefrag and it looks great. I was getting about 60fps on the ground and now I'm gettin 130~150.

Flying my FPD is about 250 now.

:)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0