• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icetwp

Pearl Harbour: Fleet Headquaters

55 posts in this topic

If you're a pilot you're in the wrong thread. ;)

Ok guys here we go.

1. Starting Locations: Print the map below. That way it will be easy for you to get to your starting location for the Event.

2. Check-In: Send me an email to icetwp@hotmail.com with a title of Pearl Harbour so I can send you another map before the first practice. The map I will send you does not change your starting location in the Event. I'll explain in the email back to you. I would say PM me here in the Forums except being Harbour Liaison I have no room for more than 4 messages, at the moment, so I just can't do it that way.

Post in this thread so I know you are good to go and reading here.

3. Multi-Crew: Multi-Crew is vital to our winning. It doubles our flak curtain.

If you don't have a gunner for your ship, and most don't, go into the game. Get on channel 30 (Naval Channel, both sides) and start asking for an experienced Crew Gunner for your ship. Do this over and over until you find someone. You will.

Tell them which ship type you have. DD, TT, FMB. Don't forget to mention that they get to shoot down an almost endless stream of fat Stuka targets. 160 to be exact.

Don't worry about texting on Channel 30 or be bashful....most Naval players are very friendly. Explain how to get to the Realism Event Forum and/or the Harbour Forum if you have to as there are many who play and never come to the Forums, yes this is true. Key point being they have to sign in to see the Realism Event Forum or the Harbour Forum.

4. Swapping Positions: If you feel that your own personal experience level at shooting the 37mm (Destroyer only) is on the weak side (these are very difficult guns to shoot and really do need experience) you can even ask on Channel 30 for an experienced DD Captain to take the position of Captain and you take the position of Crew Gunner. Malize will make the change.

Just make sure the guy really is more experienced than you.

The stern dual 20mm are really good guns and much easier to get the hang of than the 37mm.

This of course is entirely up to you but if you elect to remain Captain and have a low experience level I certainly hope you will attend at least one practice and both would be nice. :)

5. Practices: Saturday, Nov. 22nd, 10:00 US Pacific, 17:00 GMT/London, 08:00 Honolulu Time (same time as Event Start), and also on Saturday, Nov. 29th, same times. Training Server.

Half will fly target Stukas (don't worry about flying skills....all you have to do is get off the ground....someone will have to teach me how to do that....cough) and the other half will be in ships. Then we swap.

Time length about 1.5 hours I would guess counting ship travel time and Stuka travel time. But if people wish to continue practice for longer than that no problem, the longer the better.

Practices are voluntary. However the more practice we get the better chance we have of winning.

6. Promote the Event: When in-game mention the Pearl Harbour Event on both the Naval Channel and the Flyboy Channel. Counting gunners Naval still has a lot of open positions. Those who are currently Naval High Command or retired Naval High Command please use your influence and knowledge of good Naval players and get them to sign up.

Don't ignore the Flyboy Channel when in-game. We need more pilots to kill.

7. Victory Conditions: Currently we need to shoot down 44 Stukas to win a Decisive Victory.

However, Malize's point system is based on the concept that the Event does not entirely fill up to the maximum number of players. Should the Event fill, and I think it will, there is a very good possibility that the Stuka "-1 point" will change to "-1/2 point".

That change would require that we shoot down 88 Stukas for a Decisive Victory.

This is fair and matches both sides point total. Look at it this way: It would be hard to claim victory if we did not shoot down over half of the enemy planes and they sank all of our ships, and if the Event fills we certainly will shoot down 44 Stukas easily.

But 88 Stukas equals an average of 2.93 enemy planes shot down per ship and that is not going to be easy and will be a serious challenge.

This will be Malize's call. He has done an excellent job of not only Event Design (I have not seen such a well designed Event is quite some time that is Naval) but also in calculating his victory condition points, which I can tell you from experience is very difficult to do.

8. I'm not fond of losing and neither are you. To Victory.! !Salute!

Ice, Fleet Commander

antph3wh2.gif

you seem very excited about this event.

I am. Malize has done an excellent job.

I have not seen a Naval Event with a really good Design for quite some time.

Frankly I don't play Events where I know the outcome in advance. Challenge is what I look for which means skill/tactics are required to win.

And an evenly matched Victory Condition.

!S

Ice, Fleet Commander

I love how I'm first on the list' date=' and I'm soooo alone :D[/quote']

Don't worry about it. I doubt you will be the primary target if those Stukas are organized.

Go into game. Hunt up a Crew member to gun for you.

Ice, Fleet Commander

Post in this thread so I know you are good to go and reading here.

Ok, hypothetical, what if we don't know how to read?

Grimklin, Stu, and OrangeL have all sent me an email so far.

Need everybody to check into this thread by posting here and sending me an email.

Thank you.

S!

Ice, Fleet Commander

:D Lol poor icetwp

Anyway yeah the outcome is gonna be iffy.

To bad I may not be there for the real thing, however. I will love to wat*cough teach*ch you how to fly a stuka anytime you want.

I'll try to make it to the practice date though for you guys.

:D Lol poor icetwp

Anyway yeah the outcome is gonna be iffy.

To bad I may not be there for the real thing, however. I will love to wat*cough teach*ch you how to fly a stuka anytime you want.

I'll try to make it to the practice date though for you guys.

Errrrr......I don't see you signed up for either side Kenki.?

?

Ice, Fleet Commander

Errrrr......I don't see you signed up for either side Kenki.?

?

Ice, Fleet Commander

Lol rember I signed up pilot on harbor m8.

Beside I told you I'll be iffy on arriveing cause I am expecting to go to oregon in 3-4 weeks (unless they change plans AGIAN....)

I can't email you ice, but I am good to go. Got my map printed and studied, but I may only be able to attend the 29th practice.

Man I am getting so anxious.

I can't email you ice, but I am good to go. Got my map printed and studied, but I may only be able to attend the 29th practice.

Man I am getting so anxious.

I'll figure out a way to get the map to you or I'll directly inform you when we practice.

The primary reason for having two practices is that it has been my experience that quite often people can only make one of them so with Events like these you need to jump on it early and organize.

Yeah, the really good Events are those that make you anxious. This one is very appealing to me (and I've made no bones about that anywhere) because it has evenly matched victory points and in both cases a Decisive Victory is very very iffy.

At this point I don't know who is going to win....but we hold the edge given zero organization by the Flyboys.

Ice, Fleet Commander

.......I'll try to make it to the practice date though for you guys.

One problem with that Kenki.

You are a Stuka pilot in the Event. You are prohibited from attending Naval practice.

Sorry about that.

Did you miss the first sentence in this thread .. ? ..stating: "If you're a pilot you're in the wrong thread. ;) "

Ice, Fleet Commander

Remember the following:

One life for ships, no respawning.

All ship Commanders and Crew will stay with their ship, even if burning like a Christmas tree, until you sink. Do not despawn until you are in Davey Jones locker.

(mentioned by Julesr in the other thread....good point to remember)

Ice, Fleet Commander

Sooo... since Mr. Harbor Forum Liaison says post this here, I will.

Since it's pending I will no longer be captain of the USS CA, this narrows my questions down to one.

Whats a good place for Primary and Secondary fire on an X52. Julesr answered, kinda, -it didn't answer my full question. I currently have both as the same key so I don't miss a plane, but I figured it might be better to fire one while the other reloads.

Sooo... since Mr. Harbor Forum Liaison says post this here, I will.

Do not be angry with me. The reason for this thread is to reduce strategy and Naval oriented questions in the "sign up" thread. Nothing to do with you. If nothing else bear in mind Malize has to wade through all of that looking for sign ups.

And I am not the Harbour Forum Liaison in this case but the Pearl Harbour Fleet Commander. Two very different things.

Whats a good place for Primary and Secondary fire on an X52. Julesr answered, kinda, -it didn't answer my full question. I currently have both as the same key so I don't miss a plane, but I figured it might be better to fire one while the other reloads.

I wish I could answer that. Hopefully Julesr will check into this thread and see your request and help you further. Maybe others can comment.

But I guarntee you that firing one while the other reloads is a very good idea and that very much applies to the stern 20mm, even more so than the 37mm.

!S

Ice, Fleet Commander

Check-In:

Pleae send me an email to icetwp@hotmail.com with a title of Pearl Harbour so I can send you another map before the first practice.

The map I will send you does not change your starting location in the Event. I'll explain in the email back to you.

I would say PM me here in the Forums except being Harbour Liaison I have no room for more than 4 messages, at the moment, so I just can't do it that way.

Ice, Fleet Commander

S! captaion of the USS Honolulu CL-48 reporting in fleet comander

mccallion

Acknowledged.

Did you send an email to me yet.?

Please do if you did not.

Ice, Fleet Commander

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0