• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bazso

what do you do to get more fps?

10 posts in this topic

i have my game set for custom performance and have my V. card set to performance what does everyone else do to get more fps?

Overclock my computer. GPU overclocking wont help in this game but I oc my cpu and memory.

You can also take youre chatbar etc away from key y. It will give you 20-30% speed boost to game. Dont ask me why.

Biggest impact on game settings seems to be visible player limit but its not nice to lower it as you can then hardly see anyone. Also disabling water shaders help for some.

Overclock my computer. GPU overclocking wont help in this game but I oc my cpu and memory.

You can also take youre chatbar etc away from key y. It will give you 20-30% speed boost to game. Dont ask me why.

Biggest impact on game settings seems to be visible player limit but its not nice to lower it as you can then hardly see anyone. Also disabling water shaders help for some.

Its the compas that is hoging FPS

That might be a perspective thing.

I might be wrong but i don't think the GUI take alot of the system resources, as it's mostly text and simple primitives.

A good sound card has been suggested by a few people as it takes the load of the CPU.

Under Persona Settings, Video turn off vertical syncing and runahead. Under UI turn off the minimap. Reduce number of players in view. Drop your in game resolution.

If you change from the minimap to the compass you get about a 10fps boost on the low end depending on your hardware setup. That's a good easy tip.

The minimap is nice but it's an fps hog.

If you change from the minimap to the compass you get about a 10fps boost on the low end depending on your hardware setup. That's a good easy tip.

yeah but i do like to see what i am doing on there

1) based my new rig on performance

got plenty ram, I use Ramdisk for the game, got a decent graphics card and separate soundcard. I am forunate enough to have the option to invest in this, for me it's the biggest factor for performance.

2) I set everything on maxed out, player vis limit, eye candy and stuff.

3) defrag my disks every week

4) I have a ton of unnescessary programs in my task bar, but I seem to be doing fine (firewall, avg, fraps and others)

5) in game I have v-sync on

I get 60 fps consistently, only very crowded areas give me 30. Only problem I still have is stutters over towns when flying, but even in very high dense pop areas it is annoying but acceptable. I think that with tweaking I can banish all stutters, even at the highest settings over the AO'd towns.

Taking everything on hud gives much better boost for me.

And to the one saying its perseption thing its not. I use fraps always so I see changes what everything does to fps. I wouldt be here blobering here for nothing... But how would you know that :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0