• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
codguy

Time for a new Mac

5 posts in this topic

Been four years since I bought my dual 2.5GHZ G5 and getting the urge to get a new mac. Tempted by a new 24" imacs:

3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB Mem (would probaby upgrade to the full 4GB)

512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS

Don't want to trade in my tower only to find that there's some problem with the imac's vid card preventing me from running the game so figured I'd ask here first. Anyone running WWIIOL on one of the newer imacs?

Haven't seen any complaints in the Mac support forums, but better safe than sorry

I've a 24" iMac running 2.8GHz, 3GB ram, 256MB GPU (August 2007 release).

WWIIOL runs like a charm on that little beauty, so I think you wont be dissapointed with a 3.06GHz and 512MB GPU. :)

Sparre, Ahwulf-

Thank you very much for the replies. The G5 tower will last until January no problem (assuming 1.29 doesn't get released first with the PPC issues), didn't know there were new imacs in the works!

An Apple store just opened in Portland, ME so wandered in there while my wife was sniffing the soap in Bath and Body works the other day. Got a bug in my @$$ to get a new imac after seeing that 24" glossy screen :-). Figured I could get her a new 13" PB AND a new imac for less than a new tower and monitor (with a trade-in of my current system, of course).

Thanks again

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0